Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

GT-Modded new turn-key V9/7

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 1, 2015.

?

I...

Poll closed Jun 16, 2018.
  1. LOVE this concept, I'd buy one regardless of price

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. Think it's great, but I'll just buy a stock V9 B/R

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  3. I like the new models as is.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not interested at all in the small block

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Original post below. Outcome here; http://ridemalibu.com/bikes/v97/

5D2451A2-20FB-431D-A6C2-F025CF950D98.jpeg

I'll be studying feasibility on brand new, built-to-order turn-key V9's. They will not be cheap, but will come with a checklist of options including suspension, wheels, brakes and exhaust, along with other customizable options. Your thoughts/input?

GT-V9II.jpg

scudracer and RUFULUS like this.
  2. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Therein lies the rub. Most Guzzitas, including me, are cheap bastards. We may end up putting a ton of money in our bikes over time, but out the door? May be a tough sell. That's a V7 in your pic. Is your intention to make a V9 look like a V7?

black47 likes this.
  3. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I need a vote button for " If I were to buy a small block that is what I would want, just not sure I want a small block".
    I find the concept very interesting, especially with the 4 valve heads. I have a Lario and think a modern Lario with a bigger motor would be cool.

4. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

I believe the idea is to build a "V9" out of a V7, increasing the displacement with Todds big bore kit. Add in the 4 valve heads and it makes some fairly serious power, more than the factory V9, I believe.
    I am sure Todd will correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I thought he meant.

5. tonUPRacer

tonUPRacer Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I didn't vote but I like the idea, I get hung up on the "regardless of price" part, but that is with anything that I purchase.

6. GT-Rx®

Yes, so clearly building one at OEM pricing on even the V9 cost isn't do-able of course, so the plan is to try and get the V7 II's and modify them to above, with any other options (suspension and exhaust perhaps) that someone would add any way. Once the V9's are retailed and scheduled for delivery, I can get an idea on which is best. Upside to the V9 is wider swing arm width, downside is wheel selection from the factory.
    Myself and mwrenn will be building the above bike with 4V heads.

Jordan Yang and RUFULUS like this.
  7. RUFULUS

RUFULUS Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Go on tell me more... :) This is what we have talked about Todd, I WANT IN!!! LOL

Now with that said, I still want a V11 sized engine Cafe Racer style to compete with the new 1200 cc Triumph's they've stepped up there game. I am hoping Guzzi does too. It doesn't have to be exact displacement as the new Triumph's but something in the ball park would be nice...

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
    Stone Age likes this.
  8. GT-Rx®

Fred, I'm working on something else you'll want instead. Stay tuned.

RUFULUS likes this.
  9. RUFULUS

:cool:I can't wait bro, I head to Rizoma headquarters in Italy on the 14th... Lets chat before I go... ;)

10. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I'm in on this also....
    I have been sitting on a V11 Jackal to turn into a V7 (Todd I think you did one some years back)
    but if I could buy a GT Tech already done with engine & suspension tuned........ I'll wait & not get my hands dirty.
    I'm at that point in life where I want to ride & not wrench.

11. GT-Rx®

Ah, very good... yes I did do a GT-1100SS, and I am working on another which I should have done next month. What I am hinting to is a version that Guzzi refused to bring in (Bellagio), but with a 1380cc 8V motor and CARC/Monoshock. This is what we have begun working on.

GT-1100SS.jpg

steveford and RUFULUS like this.
  12. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Now I really am drooling & the worst part is I just made the last house payment.
    • :)
    • ;)

13. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Fixed it for you. :)

14. Trout

Trout GT Reference

U R So Right! I'm gonna start putting that mortgage payment in a new account so when Todd has that new 1400 I'll be ready.

15. not-fishing

not-fishing Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I'm holding out for a Falcone with a Balongney Slicer and I'll take off the flywheel shroud to save weight.

[​IMG]

16. RUFULUS

Awesome brother, I am leaving Milano tomorrow and can't wait to see you this coming week or weekend! Oh BTW, I am drooling over this bike... haha

17. Joerg Stoeckner

Joerg Stoeckner Tuned and Synch'ed

Todd,
    While V9 B/R are well designed and likely great bikes they arent my style anymore.
    I would want something like the V9 engine with 65-70 hp or so in a classic bike like V7.
    And therefore your idea is highly embraced!

Might be a crazy question:
    any plans to ship overseas back to Europe and maybe establish a beach head over here for maintenance?
    I could imagine one or the other Guzzi dealers over here to bite into your concept yearning for a classic midrange tourer above V7
    to please the old farts of their customers like me, which have the money to spend but wouldnt find a suitable bike in Guzzi's current portfolio. I know some who decided to resell Victory besides MG to braoden their offering.

Anyway, until something comparable comes in sight I will keep riding my V7, which no doubt, is a pleasure to do.

Cheers

18. GT-Rx®

Joerg, very good, and thanks for the input. I would say we can certainly ship anywhere as the bike should be world compliant as to the VIN#. Any Guzzi agent should be able to handle maintenance as it will be standard Guzzi affair. I am awaiting the day that a delivery date and pricing on the V9 B/R is announced. If any one stumbles on it, and doesn't see it here, please post.

19. Joerg Stoeckner

Joerg Stoeckner Tuned and Synch'ed

My Guzzi dealer announced the v9 to arrive in his showroom in Feb 2016.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  20. francod123

francod123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

The V9 is actually growing on me Todd, and since I already have a V7, I would actually prefer a V9 with the full GT-Rx treatment but with a 1400 motor or 1200 8V; the 4v conversion even would be fun with the new v9 motor. I like the look of the heads on your 4v racer...has that old school aesthetic. Will you be doing something like that?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016