Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

GT-Rx® Breva/Norge/Sport mufflers

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Exhausts' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 22, 2009.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Below is four versions of mufflers I am now taking orders on, in Stainless and Carbon Fiber.
    Both come with a db-killer. With the db-killer installed, the sound is slightly above stock muffler volume. Removed it gives a nice, deep Guzzi sound.
    Price for the first shown below (stainless) will be $549.95 and the carbon version will be $689.95 shipped within the lower 48 U.S. Both will clear the factory bags using the OEM bracket, or to run in the higher position, just remove the OEM bracket and rotate up as with the stock muffler, shown below.
    A high-mount version (shown at bottom) for the Sport 1200 (run *without bags only*) will be available to order only for $629.95 stainless/$769.95 carbon. Contact me direct for any details; Todd at GuzziTech.com

--ORDER INFO HERE--

Our full stainless reverse-cone muffled meg is available for $579.95, contact me direct for more info or to order.

Stainless:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shown in high position when side bags are *not* used:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Carbon fiber:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Norge (shown w/o carbon strap to bracket):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Martin

Martin Tuned and Synch'ed

Re: GT-Rx Norge/Sport muffler previews

The Norge stock muffler or Sport? That's a significant difference. ;)
    Nice looking exhausts.
    The full stainless meg is different from the one shown here?

3. GT-Rx®

Sound would be slightly more to the Sport 12, and noticeably more-so then the Norge can w/db-killer installed.
    Thanks, and yes, my meg will be similar shape to the one shown below that we build for the Griso 11/8V. Even with our db-killer installed on the system below, it's still sounds like a '60s muscle-car w/duals.

Click for more info for the Griso GT-Rx systems:
    [​IMG]

4. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

Those look very nice!

I think a good sound recording is in order ;)

BTW, when you say shipping included, where to exactly? I have to ponder if I buy from the US or go to an Euro distributor.

5. GT-Rx®

Re: GT-Rx Norge/Sport exhaust previews

Thanks Zapa, sound recordings are always "iffy" IMO, as you're really limited to the computer speakers.
    Shipping is within the lower 48 U.S., corrected above. Thanks.
    We can/will happily ship outside of the U.S. but cost seems to get pricey fast due to the size of the box, though with the low pipes pictured above, it shouldn't be all too bad.

6. Martin

Slightly more to the 1200Sport sounds good. . . but if I read between the lines, the meg isn't really usable on the road on early Sunday mornings?

I largely agree with that, most recordings are of no use. But if you should make a recording from the original pipe from a certain distance and angle, change the exhaust and make a second recording wthout changing the distance/angle perhaps it would give some impression?

Being Italian made, isn't it possible to ship it directly from Italy to somewhere else in Europe? (When bought from you of course. . .)

I think the looks of the new exhaust is very attractive.
    How is the mounting? with screws or welded (on the pipe).
    Do you have a picture how simple/difficult the db-killer could be removed?
    What are the benefits for putting this exhaust on my bike? In addition to look and sound?
    I mean, far as I know, not every exhaust will make that the bike runs(?) better, are they already being test?

7. GT-Rx®

Arguable I guess... if you don't want to disturb the neighbors, and you think that anything beyond a stock muffler is acceptable, then for sure not.

See post above. ;)

The mufflers are made in Italy, however all functionality is by GuzziTech, so they would be available direct from us only.

Thanks, and the stainless is by bolted bracket into the reinforced body, and the carbon will have a matching carbon perimeter-fitted strap. The db-killer has one bolt from the bottom, and pull out... very simple.
    Additional benefits: Above mufflers are in excess of 10 lbs./4.5kg lighter then the stock muffler.
    I will try to get some dyno numbers, but it won't be until early next year at this point. Following is a glorified quote from one of the other muffler manufacturers, which I can guarantee these would be similar to... no dyno graphs are shown:

8. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have interest, just no money to go along with it.

9. frank73x89

frank73x89 Just got it firing!

I suppose one cannot run a stock fuel map so need a new one?
    Unless equipped with PC-V and/or AT?

10. GT-Rx®

Bisbonian, appreciate the input.

Frank, I think most bikes to date are running slip-ons with no fueling modification(s). The 02-sensor will keep the fueling (as super lean as) the OEM programed target AFR, and the fueling above the closed-loop portion is a little on the rich side. Pretty much bolt on and go ordeal... although controlling the fueling makes it all the better. That help clarify?

11. rcbimmer

rcbimmer Tuned and Synch'ed

Profit sharing check arrives in Feb. If amount is what I think count me in for the Carbon Fiber one!

12. Zapa

Zapa Cruisin' Guzzisti

I have access to a 24,000watt PA system with 8x18" low freq speakers, 8x15" full range speakers and 4x2" tweeters. Will that be enough? :D

I've never played Guzzi sounds through it though :lol:

I have to try to record my bike with a nice conderser mic...

Can you calculate shipping price for both carbon and stainless pipes to Spain? I need to make numbers.

13. frank73x89

frank73x89 Just got it firing!

OK. TKS. This because I am experiencing hard pinging/knocking under acceleration from third gear up and from 2500 up to 4000 rpm in moderately cold weather (10 C). In warm weather it's even worse (hear it from 1sr gear under hard accel). I've read all postings on this and trying to decide a course of action. My dealer (250 miles away as the one in my town is crap) told me to downshift (raise rpms) when accelerating hard. Thay's why I asked about a new map since the original one makes fueling so lean.
    Again, TKS a lot.

14. motobob

motobob Cruisin' Guzzisti

I am intersted in all the stuff you have on the go for the Norge, but as previously stated by others, money for extras is not available at this time. I am hoping next year maybe March/April.
    Bob

15. Martin

It would be clear that I'm interested, but there are so many mufflers on the market that it's quite difficult to choose. . . At the moment a new Quad-D titanium for about €400,- on ebay. . . hmm, interesting.
    An answer to that question could help a lot in making decisions. . . Spain,Germany or Holland would make no big difference I assume?

16. xenarchi

xenarchi Cruisin' Guzzisti

there is no cat in the Ago muffler. sure isn't one in mine. minus the colostomy bag and the muffler, no more cats. :evil:

being in the states I don't give a rat's about Euro 3, 4 or 5....and no emissions testing here on bikes. so no worries.

give the guy 10 bucks, I get an inspection sticker. as longs as the lights and the horn work of course. ;)

nice pipe though. too bad the guys in the EU and the UK can't afford it, and we in the states can't afford the european/UK offerings. something is wrong...

17. guzzibob

guzzibob GT Reference

There is no cat in the stock Breva can, cause on the Breva the cat is in the crossover, so it would make sense that there is non in the Ago can. On the Norge, cat is in the can, stock (non-removeable) or Ago (removeable), not in the crossover.

18. xenarchi

xenarchi Cruisin' Guzzisti

ah yes, of course. norge/sport thread....

19. bruce_perler

bruce_perler Just got it firing!

Beautiful muffler work Todd. I'd like to fit the stainless version on my 2007 B11. I'm already running your GT-Rx compensator which is a great unit and makes a fine difference - replacing the stock catalytic converter.

Will the stainless muffler work on my B11?

20. GT-Rx®

Thanks Bruce, we haven't yet built one to work on the Breva 1100, but we can make that happen fairly quickly if you want the stainless version. Let me know direct e-mail.