Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

GT-Rx® CNC air box ring - Griso & Stelvio

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® CNC' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 19, 2009.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes it does leave the filter exposed as shown. I lost my dyno runs in a hard drive crash a few years ago, so I'll try to find them again and post. The gains vs. a stock lid are substantial, see this (different bike, but similar gains); https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-rx-modded-1200-sport-dyno-run.5830/ -- a modified lid works as well, or you can also pull the snorkel from the back, but it doesn't flow as well as the ring. Hope that helps.

2. GuzziHero

GuzziHero Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Ah, I did pull the trunk off. Might get the CNC lid later.

I sent you a message about the ECU/PVC/AT plus shipping cost by the way, not sure if you saw it.

Cheers!

3. GT-Rx®

OK, I'm wading through a weeks worth of missed emails at the moment. I'm sure I'll get to it. Send me a reminder if you don't get a reply in the next 24 hours.

4. brad satterlee

brad satterlee Just got it firing!

Hello all, i am considering purchasing the airbox ring. i have a couple hesitations though. first off, i am running todd's ecu tune, pc-v and autotune setup. i really like it. i would like to continue tuning and add more power, without sacrificing drivability. i have removed the snorkel from my airbox long before i installed todd's kit. so autotune has been adjusting based on this setup.

i have seen the dyno graphs of the 1200 sport linked earlier up in this page.
    how much gain can i expect with the airbox ring, versus the current setup i have now without the snorkel?
    second, how much gain does the bmc filter give over the stock filter? has anyone done dyno comparisons?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
  5. GT-Rx®

Hi Brad, the open lid air box with BMC offers considerable gains, though I never dyno-documented it, I'd say it would be similar to the graphs shown elsewhere on the site. A couple of map trades along with a new base map from me, and you'll be on your way. Super easy with the PC-V/AT set up.