Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

GT-Rx® CNC airbox lid - Breva, Norge & 1200 Sport

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® CNC' started by GT-Rx®, Nov 18, 2009.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I have a handful of these left for anyone interested, however be advised that fuel management revision is a must. Contact me direct for more info' Todd at GuzziTech.com

[​IMG]

2. NeroGuzzi

NeroGuzzi Cruisin' Guzzisti

Re: GT-Rx CNC airbox lid

And that is why I have Autotune. My check is on the way, Todd.

3. GT-Rx®

Thanks NG, I'd have to argue that this is probably the best bang for the buck, both in power and sound.

4. JohninVT

JohninVT Tuned and Synch'ed

Very sharp looking installation. What kind of hp & torque improvement would I see with the lid, a PC-V and Guzzitech meg on my 1200 Sport? I'll bet it would sound terrific.

5. GT-Rx®

John, the dyno graph below was the result of removing the air-box lid from a 1064cc engine, and it was a big part of a 11 hp total increase... I suspect the same for the 1200's. Perhaps this Winter I'll have the time & energy to spend on the dyno. Allan here dyno'ed his Sport 1200 with a Quat-D slip-on, but we didn't get any full throttle runs from it.

[​IMG]

6. xenarchi

xenarchi Cruisin' Guzzisti

that is one pretty looking lid gents!

if you've spent the cash on the PCV set up, this lid is a MUST I would think. more air is more gooder.

7. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Had a quick look this arv to see what might be involved in getting started at the install.

I notice that there are no mounts on the new aid box lid for this thing. I recon keeping it will require fabrication of some mounts, as looking at it I am sure it will vibrate excessively without some support. Not hard just needs a couple of simple brackets.

BUT - What does it do? Can I remove it?

Would be good to remove it, as I would like to use the space for my HID igniters.

Attached Files:

8. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

I wouldn't 't go there, That's your engine air breather box and it is needed. No fabrication needed as it is supported by the hose's, specifically the large diameter one on the bottom. It wont move. I suppose if it will make you happy you can tie wrap it through the unused mounting screw holes.

9. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Bugger! Oh well ever onward.

Thanks mate

10. anothersteve

anothersteve Just got it firing!

I'm interested in a few months. Griso.

Thanks, Steve

11. GT-Rx®

I have a handful more again, contact me direct e-mail (Todd at GuzziTech.com) or use the Donation button above for $87.50 within the U.S., shipped. I also have the BMC filter that goes along with it for $80 - I will include shipping if you want both.

12. PaulJr

PaulJr Just got it firing!

I'm interested for a 1200 Sport, what fuel revisions would suffice?

13. NPS

NPS Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

How much more induction sound is produced? I would love the extra torque but I dont think I would like the induction roar very much.

14. draidt

draidt GT Reference GT Contributor

I can't comment on the 1200 sport but can tell you on the Norge the induction noise at a steady throttle is hardly noticeable until you grab a handful of throttle and that aint all that bad ! :mrgreen:

15. alfaguzzi

alfaguzzi Just got it firing!

Thank you Todd-
    Your airbox lid works super on my Norge!
    With the other modes already done (Mistral muffler + ECU-swap) this upgrade make the most boosts.
    Nice soundeffect to, I barely can’t stop riding today.
    /alfaguzzi

16. GT-Rx®

Thanks for the post and business Alfa, glad to hear it. The lid complemented with proper fueling and high-flow element, is a big grin inducer for sure. Enjoy!

17. silvergoose

silvergoose Tuned and Synch'ed

Nice machine work, I can see the advantages clearly. I have to questions. In the reply posts I noticed two terms I am not clear on, do you mind telling more?
    First: ARV what is it?

Second: the PVC mod what is it and do you have pics? I understand how the pvc works as I own an American V twin, No, Indian. The pvc change for it was the greatest single thing I could have done.

Thanks

18. GT-Rx®

Arv is Aussie slang for morning I believe.

I'm confused a bit on your second question, as you seem to have answered it yourself... so assuming you mean PC-V (Power Commander 5), all details for the custom run are here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/160/3792.html

19. silvergoose

silvergoose Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for the ARV meaning. I was reading PCV as an positive crankcase valve not as a power commander V.

Bear with me as I try to learn new terms.

20. Series4

Series4 Cruisin' Guzzisti

ARV = arvo = slang for afternoon. Don't have slang for morning because we're always snakes hissed.

Peter