• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM® Stelvio slip-on

Re:GT-Sx Stelvio slip-on - taking orders!

Gigio, my pleasure. Look forward to getting you a cerami-coat version in the next week or so.

For any of you that are thinking about getting a new muffler for your Stelvio, I say go for it and look nowhere else then your neighborhood "Todd Shop" Guzzitech. I have finally received the muffler and I have taken it out on a few rides and I am very impressed with the way it has allowed the engine to finally to breathe properly. You can really feel the Bike pull in every gear. I posted b4 that I had concerns about the loudness of it but I am getting used to it. And for the price you really can't go wrong. Comparing it to all other manufactures it's a bargain. Oh, and it looks great to!!!! Enjoy the pics......V.......

Safe Ridings!!!!

VitoA_Stelv3.jpg

VitoA_Stelv4.jpg

Attachments

• VitoA_Stelv2.jpg
    VitoA_Stelv2.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 718

Is there a possibility that you could post a sound bite of the muffler noise?

I have gotten rid of all my noisy bikes, it is sooooooooooooooo nice to be able to hear myself think, plus ear plugs keep any additional noise from the better half at bay :laugh:

I just do not want to drop that type of dollar investment into something that I will not like or my neighbors will hate at 5:00 AM in the morning when I leave for work. I live in Virginia and we like our huntin rifles, all my neighbors have there scopes dialed in to hit a tennis ball at 500 yards, hitting my fat a$$ at 100 yards would be easy. :S

Yeah sure! I was already going to include a sound bite. And it's not that loud to where you will wake up your neighbors although if you punch it leaving your house than you might bother some folks.....check back......V

P.S....I was speaking with the fabricator over the weekend and he was telling me that if I wanted to he could make it less loud if desired...I think I will choose not to.....

Here is a sound bite for you folks....Keep in mind that it does sound a bit different in person....I wll try to get a better sound bite at a later time...And as for the loudness of the muffler: intially I was concerned that it would be too loud but after riding it I have got used to it and Love it. It brings the Stelvio to life!!!

Re: Re:GT-Sx Stelvio slip-on - taking orders!

kwn306 said:
I am unable to get this sound bite to work, can anyone assist me :?:
Kurt, now fixed in both above, try again now. You'll need to download and unzip the file in order to play it. It was recorded on a cell phone, and without serious speakers, it really doesn't tell a story compared to how it sounds in person.

Re: GT-Sx Stelvio slip-on - taking orders!

Sounds great, very impressed. How about coming up with something for the V7C. I am not rich enough for Staintunes, and not impressed with Mistral.
Bill

I installed my new GT-Sx slip-on over the weekend. While I had the bike apart, and waiting for the return of my ECU et al, I went ahead and had the whole exhaust system ceramic coated. Here's a photo:

Attachments

• Stelvio Exhaust.JPG
    Stelvio Exhaust.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,112

The sound byte does not do the bike justice at all. This thing Barks with a capital B. It sounded awesome. I was standing there when he fired it up. The 1200 motor spools up quick and sounds awesome.

I noticed in this thread that someone said the slip on can be made not as loud.

Does this effect performance?

Does the stock ECU need to be reprogrammed or a PC installed?

Our stock exhaust has a Cat Converter inside the muffler, does this after market unit? I only ask because my state is seriously thinking about sniffing motorcycles.

Thank you for your time in advance,

kwn306 said:
Our stock exhaust has a Cat Converter inside the muffler, does this after market unit? I only ask because my state is seriously thinking about sniffing motorcycles.
Hi Kurt, our pipe has deep sound, and does not have a cat-con. I'd recommend just hanging onto your stock muffler for state purposes. The ECU does not necessarily *need* to be reprogrammed, as the 02-sensor will hold the fueling the in critically lean range as delivered by the factory, but you will benefit on the top end due to the rich condition there.
If you're only looking for a little more sound then stock, this isn't your pipe. If you want a deep righteous tone, this is the only one out there. We can also do a slip-on muffler for you using either of the two shown in THIS thread on the Breva/Norge if you'd rather.
Comments/questions?

GT-Rx said:
kwn306 said:
Hi Kurt, our pipe has deep sound, and does not have a cat-con. I'd recommend just hanging onto your stock muffler for state purposes. The ECU does not necessarily *need* to be reprogrammed, as the 02-sensor will hold the fueling the in critically lean range as delivered by the factory, but you will benefit on the top end due to the rich condition there.
If you're only looking for a little more sound then stock, this isn't your pipe. If you want a deep righteous tone, this is the only one out there. We can also do a slip-on muffler for you using either of the two shown in THIS thread on the Breva/Norge if you'd rather.
Comments/questions?

OK, tell me if I am understanding this correct............

The Stelvio model you make is loud.

You can take a Norge (SS) or Griso (Carbon as shown) model (from the other thread) which is quite in comparison ( a bit louder than stock) and has a removeable noise limiter and make it fit a Stelvio.

What is the weight savings?

The Norge unit is mounted low, the Griso model shows someone holding it up high.....will the Stelvio version of this system be mounted in the stock location?

90% of my riding is under 5000 rpm's (I'm getting to be 3 days older than dirt according to my kids), the bike has plenty of power (never really take it up over 4K under excelleration) and I have no problems staying with traffic, 2-up and loaded down on the super slab. You say the bike runs rich in the higher RPM range. From what to what (i.e., 4K to redline?). Also, your positive the unit won't lean the motor out causing overheating in the summer in stop and go traffic (it doesn't now).

What effect will one of your air filter make with either system or the stock exhaust?

While I have your attention.....I also need one of your PC units to set the TPS, etc. In its stock configeration how far out of "up dates" is the program? I am on a dail up and when I went to up date my new Zumo 660 the server refused to talk to my computer because it was too slow (normally connect at 48.0K / ligthening speed I tell you.) I had to spend $10 to get the up dates on a CD :S

I love the bike, it has not been very reliable though, just got it back from the shop with coil & plug boot issues and the wife is none to pleased with me and this bike considering the dealer is 100 miles away and the other two dealers in VA just threw in the towel.

I have some Xmas $$$ to spend on myself and I want to do it wisely. Your thought's :side:

kwn306 said:
The Stelvio model you make is loud.
Without the db-killer, it's quite mellow at idle, and progressively louder as the rev's come up... at wide open throttle, it's still a large amount quieter then say HD drag pipes.

You can take a Norge (SS or Carbon as shown) which is quite in comparison ( a bit louder than stock) and has a removeable noise limiter and make it fit a Stelvio. What is the weight savings?
Correct, and it would be high mount as stock on the Stelvio. Stock muffler is 19 lbs, so let's say it's a 10 lb. savings on average, without factoring in the better running.

You say the bike runs rich in the higher RPM range. From what to what (i.e., 4K to redline?). Also, your positive the unit won't lean the motor out causing overheating in the summer in stop and go traffic (it doesn't now).
Yes say 4k rpm up at larger throttle openings. The OEM closed-loop fueling runs the bike critically lean, and the closed-loop fueling will keep it in the same AFR range. The bike will run cooler with an aftermarket muffler on it.

What effect will one of your air filter make with either system or the stock exhaust?
My CNC air-box lid? The OEM system will adjust, I really do not recommend running the CNC ring without fueling modification.

While I have your attention.....I also need one of your PC units to set the TPS, etc. In its stock configeration how far out of "up dates" is the program?
Do you mean the VDST HERE? Not sure what you're asking on the updates.

Other questions?

GT-Rx said:
Without the db-killer, it's quite mellow at idle, and progressively louder as the rev's come up... at wide open throttle, it's still a large amount quieter then say HD drag pipes.
So the normal system you sell comes with a DB-Killer? or is that an option?

My CNC air-box lid? The OEM system will adjust, I really do not recommend running the CNC ring without fueling modification.
There is a misunderstanding here, I though you sold a K&N style replacement for the Stelvio for about $80. This is the filter I am referancing in the statement above.

Do you mean the VDST HERE? Not sure what you're asking on the updates.
Your VDST doesn't need updating? What about the 2 - 3 fueling maps that have come on the Stelvio since its inception. Or do I have a misunderstanding on the VDST. Is the VDST just to trouble shoot (look at codes) and to set TPS, etc?

kwn306 said:
So the normal system you sell comes with a DB-Killer? or is that an option?
It's an option for an additional $50.

There is a misunderstanding here, I though you sold a K&N style replacement for the Stelvio for about $80. This is the filter I am referancing in the statement above.
Sorry, yes I do, I offer a drop-in re-usable BMC element for $80. I thought you were referring to the the CNC air-box ring that gets rid of the OEM lid, and exposes the filter element for more performance.

Your VDST doesn't need updating? What about the 2 - 3 fueling maps that have come on the Stelvio since its inception. Or do I have a misunderstanding on the VDST. Is the VDST just to trouble shoot (look at codes) and to set TPS, etc?
You're thinking of the Axone = Guzzi dealer only. VDST is a simply a diagnostic program to trouble-shoot and is mandatory to reset the TPS, etc. It does have periodic updates available for free online.

I offer a drop-in re-usable BMC element for $80. I thought you were referring to the the CNC air-box ring that gets rid of the OEM lid, and exposes the filter element for more performance.
This filter does not have any ill effects on fuel mapping with either the stock or your aftermarket exhaust?
Washable correct?

kwn306 said:
This filter does not have any ill effects on fuel mapping with either the stock or your aftermarket exhaust?
Washable correct?
If used in the stock air-box, it's nothing that the 02-sensor won't sort out, and it's actually slightly beneficial in the upper RPMs... yes it's washable/re-usable.

Forgive me for asking what maybe a dumb question, but:

Is this worth having on the 09 model or does it just bring the 08 to about 09 spec?

Back