• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM® Stelvio slip-on

Re: GT-Sx Stelvio slip-on - taking orders!

Bluntly said:
Forgive me for asking what maybe a dumb question, but:
Is this worth having on the 09 model or does it just bring the 08 to about 09 spec?
Shedding ~15+lbs/6.8 kgs and uncorking the flow doesn't matter which model, eh? :huh:
I haven't dyno-ed any of my pipes yet, but count on 4-6+ rwhp across the board with a simple slip-on muffler, more with corrected fueling.

Can you give me an idea of how loud the muffler is compared to stock (or the Mistral or Zard mufflers)?

guzziben47 said:
Can you give me an idea of how loud the muffler is compared to stock (or the Mistral or Zard mufflers)?
With our standard db-killer, not much louder then stock at idle, and much in line at throttle with either above (w/db-killer of course).

How do you order a slip-on and what is the cost?

Received my GT-Sx muffler from Todd about a week ago. Purchased with db killer. Nice sound. Workmanship, top notch. Fit to the bike, perfect. I don't think you can beat the price or the value for the money. Bike runs really well and sounds like a hot rod. Really happy with this pipe for anyone out there considering one. Excellent product Todd. Thank You. Oh almost forgot, Lost that 1000 degree pain in the ass Cat. converter. My girlfriends heel has not been blistered through her boot since.
FBC

FrostBittenCanadian said:
Received my GT-Sx muffler from Todd about a week ago. Purchased with db killer. Nice sound. Workmanship, top notch. Fit to the bike, perfect. I don't think you can beat the price or the value for the money. Bike runs really well and sounds like a hot rod. Really happy with this pipe for anyone out there considering one. Excellent product Todd. Thank You. Oh almost forgot, Lost that 1000 degree pain in the ass Cat. converter. My girlfriends heel has not been blistered through her boot since.
FBC

I'm waiting for mine to arrive, going to install the re-flashed ECU tonight. Now all I need to do is find a girlfriend to complain about the 1000 degree CAT, wait a minute.........I have a wife that does that, no girlfriend needed :D :shock: :eek: :laugh:

Hi Todd,

One thing I am unclear on. Is the db-killer removable?

Thx,

chris

cgalardi said:
Chris, yes it is. We offer several sizes, but we normally ship with the smallest/quietest one we offer. The Stelvio is quite *LOUD* without one in.

As Tom Petty said "The waiting is the hardest part" but it is almost over!

OMAHA, NE, US 09/09/2010 4:12 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY

My new Guzzitech GT-Sx muffler is almost here!

I've had mine for over a week, waiting for the dealer and Mother Guzzi to stop tinkering with it :angry: :angry: so I can get it back and install the updated ECU and new muffler from Todd.

Had an email this morning from my dealer.......the specail tool they ordered from Mother Guzzi to install the seal / gasket in the leaking CARC doesn't fit :evil: :evil: , it needs to be modified, dealer is taking it to a machine shop to get it bored out in the morning.........maybe, just maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel :pinch: :pinch:

I got the GT-Sx silencer yesterday. What a beauty! Very nice looking piece of work Todd!

It could not have been simpler to install and fit is perfect. It sounds GREAT! I will post pics and a couple sound clips/vids later today.

cg

cgalardi said:
I got the GT-Sx silencer yesterday. What a beauty! Very nice looking piece of work Todd!

It could not have been simpler to install and fit is perfect. It sounds GREAT! I will post pics and a couple sound clips/vids later today.

cg

Looking forward to seeing/hearing your slip-on, Chris! Hmm, Christmas is coming... :D

Bruce

A few pics and a short vid clip below. The crummy mic on my camera doesn't do it justice. It really has a wicked bark to it! The vids are with the db-killer in place.

EDIT: UPDATED TO ADD ANOTHER SHORT VID AND COUPLE MORE PICS

[youtube]RXBQ9bkb--0[/youtube]
[youtube]xvFYND3DdxM[/youtube]

Attachments

• P1060680.JPG
    P1060680.JPG
    573 KB · Views: 1,315
  • P1060681.JPG
    P1060681.JPG
    579.9 KB · Views: 1,316
  • P1060682.JPG
    P1060682.JPG
    560.6 KB · Views: 1,316
  • P1060684.JPG
    P1060684.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 1,316
  • P1060686.JPG
    P1060686.JPG
    573.3 KB · Views: 1,315
  • P1060689.JPG
    P1060689.JPG
    564 KB · Views: 1,299
  • P1060690.JPG
    P1060690.JPG
    606.9 KB · Views: 1,299

Bumped
cgalardi said:
Hi Todd,
Thx,
chris
Is the db-killer easily removable?

DanPez said:
Is the db-killer easily removable?
It is. Remove the three end cap bolts, then end cap. Slide out, re-install end cap. Fueling revisions are mandatory with it out.

Installed my Guzzitech exhaust made by Todd and the fit and finish is A+.

I did purchase the DB killer and the exhaust note at an idle is just a touch louder than stock, anything under 5K is very sweet and not too loud, get it above 5K and she will talk to you.

My fuel mile has improved and I am using the stock ECU, this is probably because by the stock mufflers Cat was broken and in three pieces flopping around and paritly blocking the exhaust flow.

Wife enjoys not having to pour water on her left leg to keep it cool as well, usaully her left foot, ankle and lower leg were on fire with the stock exhaust.

I give it 2 thumbs up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

All nice, but i prefer the original.

Slekke

A few pics and a short vid clip below. The crummy mic on my camera doesn't do it justice. It really has a wicked bark to it! The vids are with the db-killer in place.
A vid from the original exhaust from the same distance/angle should be nice to compare them. . . :whistle:

All nice, but i prefer the original.
Nice post but, unless you tell something more about why you prefer the original, quit useless. . . :dry:

The work is first rate, the pipe is absolutely beautiful (the welds!), and I can't wait to get it installed. i've heard the pipe in person as a riding buddy of mine has one on his bike, and it sounds divine. we were on a weekender some short time ago, and i remember hearing his bike coming up from the rear and then passing while saying in my helmet "darn that sounds really, really nice."

Thanks again, Price, it was a pleasure meeting you, and thanks to Todd as well.

Peace.

Back