Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

GTM 13+ V7 Retro Valve Covers Kits

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Moto_Max

Moto_Max Cruisin' Guzzisti

Nice! I'm really interested in seeing them on a bike before I make my purchase. It'd be cool to get a side shot and a front shot of the bike.

2. pokeyjoe

pokeyjoe High Miler

Looks like I need to buy some bolts, too. Should I get longer ones or will the stock pre-2015 bolts work?

3. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I have ordered a set of guards and retro covers that I will be adding to my 2014 V7R. I will take some shots and post when I have them installed. I think Todd mentioned he only made a handful of these guards? If you "Google" Venier Tractor 02 you can get a really good idea how they will look and I think Todd's are even nicer as you can add the engraved Eagle if you prefer.

Carl de Carvalho likes this.
  4. Bob Ponticelli

Hey Todd - did you mention if bolt were included? I think we do need longer?

5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I'll include stainless bolts and two OEM gaskets (stock gaskets in place can easily be re-used) for those ordering before I have them ready to ship in the next week or so.

6. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

Instead of 'assuming' I'll ask (novel for me) - SMRAW NE will come the closest to looking like just another cooling fin, right?

7. GT-Rx®

That is correct.

8. Yodastien

Yodastien Tuned and Synch'ed

how shiny will the the anodized ones be?

9. GT-Rx®

Anodized is a matte coating. I believe that the crude BAAK spacer plate is anodized. Example below:

434080_orig.jpg

10. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thanks. Order placed.

11. Moto_Max

See, I like the 2 piece that's shown on the Venier Tractor 02. It's used as one of the photos when ordering these new one's. My whole thought is that it is more cost effective to replace that one sliver of metal, like on the Venier than to replace the $100+ plate on these new parts. I'm not really a fan of paying more for a part that's protecting a $30 stock head cover.

12. GT-Rx®

Two quick notes: The Vernier part is not available, and would require tapping of the head studs to mount. So if one were to source the material, cut them without it looking home-brewed, anodize, and drill/tap the head studs, I suspect the cost would surpass $99 considering your time... Unless you have plenty of free time and facilities to do it.
    I've replaced a dozen head covers, and more often then not for those not running a crash bar; The cylinder head fins get damaged as well, which is an even bigger cost and headache.
    I have 30 hours in these, and many thousand $'s to get these to market. Appreciate the support.

13. Moto_Max

I still really like the looks and idea of them. The craftmanship is superb. I would really like to see them on the bike before pulling the trigger.

14. Yodastien

definitely going with the anodized i will probably message you as I have a few other things i want to add to the order

15. Motofoto

Motofoto Tuned and Synch'ed

I'll take some nice photos when I get mine on if no one beats me to it. I went large unfinished with eagle.

Carl de Carvalho and Moto_Max like this.
  16. Smoker

Smoker Just got it firing!

I would like a set of the head guard (larger) version with eagles and black anodized. Additionally a set of the chrome '12 Racer valve covers. Have you nailed down prices/options yet?

17. Smoker

Smoker Just got it firing!

Todd, if you intend for the OEM valve covers to be accessed by link in your entry above, it doesn't seem to do so for me. Both "HERE"s go to your new plate entry in your online catalog as far as I can see. Should I be able to find the OEM chrome covers somewhere there to be able add to my cart?

Found the covers. Order is in for chrome covers + anodized headguards w/ eagles.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  18. Bob Ponticelli

Because I'm getting the black powder coat I will probably paint fill the eagle engraving (like golf irons) in some contrasting color. I think red will not be visible but maybe a silver. Any thought?

19. Yodastien

I am going to do the same thing with mine, though i was going to use red, probably engine enamel

20. GT-Rx®

Links revised, thanks for the note and order. Valve covers here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/oem-v7-retro-valve-covers/