• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Cafe Racer bars - interest?

I am...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All, I’ve made my own version (below) of the Rizoma CR bars on my site HERE for $185, but those also require the larger diameter $95 Rizoma bar risers HERE as well. Any interest if I make them plug and play for the V7/9? They would fit and work on the stock risers.
I've added a pic below is of my 1-1/8” center diameter for any big bar bikes (i.e. Griso, etc). I've put the 1-1/8" center bars online HERE, and I can build the smaller version if there's enough interest.

E91CECF4 DA57 4B10 9C8A 01ABD1947E17

Yes. Would want info on any fadiddling required to fit ontrols and cables if any, it looks like maybe none? And some pics fitted on assembled bike would be great.
I actually picked up some racer clip-ons but haven't fitted them because they look too low for my purposes, yours are a better solution IMO, and a good price point.:clap:
Now, coupled up with a limited, numbered billet riser coverplate...

Yes. Would want info on any fadiddling required to fit ontrols and cables if any, it looks like maybe none? And some pics fitted on assembled bike would be great.
Now, coupled up with a limited, numbered billet riser coverplate...
If fitting these to a standard V7 model, you would just need the Racer clutch cable. Everything else is plug and play. We could even send them pre-drilled for the switchgear. I would need a few people willing to pre-order to build a set and show installed, else the ones shown above are going on my build.
As to the riser/clamp cover plate, thoughts/ideas as to what you want it to look like? Anything is possible, but at a cost of course. The more orders I get, the more the cost comes down. 2-5 count would be painfully expensive as to CNC work. Post again.

Predrilled is great...I seek out these new upgrades to do, but then appreciate anythin/everything that helps save me from myself and my tendency to make mistakes.
Understood regarding coverplate. I was just thinking of one already available from M/G. Same as the one for Carbon but without the text and unit number. I've almost popped for it but ultimately held off due to price, so my willingness to pay may not be where it would need to be.
While numbering may ultimately be overkill for item sold separately (but perhaps good for your builds), one plain or with an etched gtrx logo (hey, advertising) would have appeal for me. And the logo on the one fitted in the pic above looks great too. Perhaps more of the potential market will chime in.

Last edited:
Predrilled is great...I seek out these new upgrades to do, but then appreciate anythin/everything that helps save me from myself and my tendency to make mistakes.
Understood regarding coverplate...
Thanks for the input. The price quoted is doable for you, yes? When would you be ready to put money down on a set?
Custom CNC top bar clamps are possible, but we would likely need to start in the $150 range with about 10 people ready to buy. For my builds, great idea, agreed... but I need more people to buy the bikes first, as I upside down in my “investment.” So small projects like this is a financial distraction I can’t take on right now. ;)
Based on the poll above, not looking like it's worth it at this time.

Checking back for additional replies. I've been looking around for a used cable. I'm inclined to pony up after I finish my pending projects- filter (easy) and forks (first time-yikes).

I would have a set of the Big-Bike bars, drilled for switch gear, if they fitted the 1200 Sport - the question on fit is the fat old Breva tank, I don't want the tank & bar switchgear to become the new lockstops! ;)

Tony

Did you end up making these? I want them for my griso!!
I did not, but I could do a small production run with a few sets.

I would have a set of the Big-Bike bars, drilled for switch gear, if they fitted the 1200 Sport - the question on fit is the fat old Breva tank, I don't want the tank & bar switchgear to become the new lockstops!
Next I have a Breva/Norge in the shop, I can check for clearance.

17 V9 roamer that I’m converting into a cafe style bike.
OK, stock bars are 7/8" - do you want to keep the stock risers or convert to the larger 1-1/8" version like above? We can do either version with enough interest. Please send an email if interested; Info @ GuzziTech.com

OK, stock bars are 7/8" - do you want to keep the stock risers or convert to the larger 1-1/8" version like above? We can do either version with enough interest. Please send an email if interested; Info @ GuzziTech.com
stock risers would be great.

OK, so following up here as I've made and sold a few sets of the larger size, shown/linked below, now online HERE. I see nine (9) voted, but who would step up for purchase on these now if I made a set in full 7/8" for plug and play for the V7/9s?

So no interest in the 7/8" version any more, got it.

sorry todd, have not been on here for a while.
i am still interested
Thanks, but I need at least five people to pre-buy as it’s not worth it otherwise. Appreciate the post.

Would these be lower than the stock bars on a V7 racer or would they be higher? I've got a 2014 racer and wouldn't mind ditching the clip ons and going for something a bit higher to get me more upright.

Would these be lower than the stock bars on a V7 racer or would they be higher? I've got a 2014 racer and wouldn't mind ditching the clip ons and going for something a bit higher to get me more upright.
Likely similar. I have quite a few options on the STORE tab above here; https://gtmotocycles.com/search?type=product&q=lsl 7/8* -- depending on what you're looking to do, start with the Speed Bars and have a look at the sizing chart from there. The Superbike bend is a long time favorite. You'll also need 7/8" risers; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/oem-v7-bar-riser-kit

Back