• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Cal-14 Exhaust

Todd I can't tell from the pictures in the thread if the longer one piece headers will work with shorty Zards.

With the factory supplied mounting brackets the Zards clamp about 1.5 inches from the flex joint collar on the GT-Rx H pipe. ??

ShortyZard-to-H_Pipe.jpg
Insert:

If the headers won't reach the Zards with their standard brackets could you fabricate SS brackets to move the Zards about 1.5 inches forward ??

Moving the Zards forward 1.5 inches might make it possible to remove the rear wheel without removing the mufflers.

Happy Thanksgiving.

If the headers won't reach the Zards with their standard brackets could you fabricate SS brackets to move the Zards about 1.5 inches forward ??
Moving the Zards forward 1.5 inches might make it possible to remove the rear wheel without removing the mufflers.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Your image link is broken. If you want to send me the Zard mufflers, I can make something that can work, sure. Send me a direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com if interested in doing it.

Your image link is broken. If you want to send me the Zard mufflers, I can make something that can work, sure. Send me a direct email; Todd at GuzziTech.com if interested in doing it.

Todd, You're a magician.

The shorty Zards, with the forward heat shield brackets removed, and the area polished to a mirror finish look amazing.

Coupled with the mirror finish on the GT-Rx full SS header system, a joy to behold.

The magic is in the custom brackets that move the Zards forward a full 2 inches. No need to take the mufflers off to change the rear tire now.

Considering I'm on the 3rd rear tire now, with 7,900 miles on the Odometer. Moving the exhaust forward will shave a few minutes at least once a year.

I'll try to post a picture later.

I’ve been asked for some video of our long mufflers, which I can’t easily find, so I’m posting them here for easy access. This is our full system for the MGX-21, but the sound is the same for the long mufflers. Enjoy.

I am a new owner of 2014 California model and will do some research on exhaust. Looks like I might be hitting up GT motorcycle web site soon.

Excited to have a full system for my 2017 touring model heading my way soon. Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks for removing the old exhaust/installing the new one. Looks like the crash guards and foot-boards probably have to come off. Anything else?

Excited to have a full system for my 2017 touring model heading my way soon. Just wondering if anyone has any tips/tricks for removing the old exhaust/installing the new one. Looks like the crash guards and foot-boards probably have to come off. Anything else?

Use a sawsall and cut the crossover.

Crash bars can remain. Removing the floor boards makes the job much easier. Work from the cylinder heads back, finger tight, back to the mufflers. Center the system right to left, and tighten in the same sequence. You may need header gaskets, not supplied, if your bike has a considerable amount of miles.
Use a sawsall and cut the crossover.
He bought the full system, so no need to cut anything... that’s just for the GTM H-pipe.

Crash bars can remain. Removing the floor boards makes the job much easier. Work from the cylinder heads back, finger tight, back to the mufflers. Center the system right to left, and tighten in the same sequence. You may need header gaskets, not supplied, if your bike has a considerable amount of miles.

He bought the full system, so no need to cut anything... that’s just for the GTM H-pipe.

I bought your full shorty a couple years back. Cutting the old one off sped things up.

After reading that the Cali 1400 was going to be discontinued,I became concerned with a future crack. I was going to purchase Todd's H-pipe and some mufflers. After some emails with Todd, I ended up purchasing the full system. I am super pleased with my purchase and after removing the old pipes was glad I did...this is the old H-pipe.the best way to remove the old system is with a sawsall...I highly recommend changing it if you are going to keep your bike.

img_4087-jpg.17681

this my new system...very clean looking!

66289397_3222247194466953_7089175840847560704_n-1-jpg.17683

I just got my tours on Friday. How does one remove the DB killers? My Agostinis had a C-ring that held them in but I don't see anything like that. And here's a dumb question, I'm replacing the whole system so got new gaskets from MG Cycle per your suggestion...but which way are the gaskets supposed to go? Does the metal side go towards the engine block or facing out?

I just got my tours on Friday. How does one remove the DB killers?
You’re referring to my GTM system, correct? If so, there’s nothing that can be removed. They are built for sound and power as delivered.

Todd..........many thanks, my full system arrived yesterday and I an keen to get on with the fitting.
Bought the 2017 C1400 in late July 21 and it is undergoing many changes. Air intake, ECU , seat, suspension, footboard to foootpeg conversion with associated levers etc....and the full GTM exhaust...thanks

IMG 0175 Started the GTM exhaust install.....putting the Matris rear shocks, fork internals and all .....pegs rather than boards....tank panel sides. ...your man’s (forum member: JBHOTCHKISS)air box elimination.......at the same time.

Phew.....thankfully not in my garage.

Thanks
Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Last edited:
Todd.....probably said before .....but not by me

A big thank you for your knowledge, product design and manufacture.

Your California 1400 long touring GTM exhaust system is engineering ‘adult material’

Class act

Thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

I hope @Pete BoBeet doesn't mind me posting a pic of him and his bike that he just picked up with our full kit. His smile should say it all, but I'll let him comment once he rides it tomorrow. BTW, he's one of the nicest humans around... a wonderful thing in the World we're in right now. MUCH appreciated Pete!

I hope @Pete BoBeet doesn't mind me posting a pic of him and his bike that he just picked up with our full kit. His smile should say it all, but I'll let him comment once he rides it tomorrow. BTW, he's one of the nicest humans around... a wonderful thing in the World we're in right now. MUCH appreciated Pete!

Thank you, Todd. It is "tomorrow" morning and I am just pulling my riding boots on. To say I am excited to try the new mods you did is an understatement. More commentary later if I can hang onto the handlebars!

Back