Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM CNC Givi TankLock Bag Rings

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® CNC' started by GTM®, Apr 2, 2017.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Purchase here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring

Directions below on how to install our GTM® CNC TankLock Rings on your Breva 11, Griso 11/12, Norge/Sport (2/4V) or Stelvio.

1. Open cap, block tank opening (rag or otherwise) and remove the four (4) allen head bolts:

TLR-Remove.JPG

2. Flip cap assembly over and remove the five (5) phillips head screws holding the inner assembly to the top aluminum cap/ring.

TLR-InnerAssy.jpg

3. Separate the two and remove the rubber o-ring (not used), and fit the GT TLR to the upper aluminum cap, and reinstall in reverse order above. Be sure to align the opening of the TLR towards the rider as shown below in step 4 below.

TLR-FitRing.JPG

4. Finished TLR install showing the opening towards the rider. Enjoy.

TLR-Installed.JPG

Pics below on a Griso:

GT-G8V-TLR1.jpg

GT-G8V-TLR2.jpg

GT-G8V-TLR3.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  2. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd,

I've been looking at this item for a while.

how about a V7 Stone??

If it fits, Same procedure?

What givi tank bag will work and not interfere with steering ?

Regards

Gerry

3. GTM®

Curious if you've had a look in the online store at all?
    https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring
    Not sure on a tank bag. 4L for sure, much larger from there and it'll likely bump it.

4. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Thank you for the reply.

I think either the 3L or 4L bag would work.

Have any V7 (non V7 racer)forum members installed the ring and associated bag? I'd love to see a picture.

Regards,

Gerry

p.s. as always thank you for all you do for us Guzzi owners.

5. wthammond

wthammond Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Yep as Todd said. I have my Ram mount on a u-bolt that I put a length of fuel line over to prevent scratching. I did have to move it to make the bag work. I think if you are using the clutch, you will have the phone well to the left of the bag. I just like mine in the middle so it is behind the Dart flyscreen.

6. Ghost_Bullet

Ghost_Bullet Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just purchased a tank ring... and considering the right bag for Griso... I like the 4ltr for the small stuff... and the 15ltr for versatility... been looking for images of the fit esp the bigger bag... but limited on results... any feedback?? I will buy the bag local, as the cost diff here is significant compared local sourcing. Looking very forward to added space on tour.

7. M0T0Geezer

M0T0Geezer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just installed - on a 2007 Norge 1200 (2-Valve) - the one-piece machined "TankLock" adaptor Ring
    https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-cnc-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring
    and the the ST602 4-Litre Givi Tank Bag, It seems a perfect size: Not so large to block view of GPS & instruments. I am a less is more type guy, yet it's OK if you terfer a bushel basket sitting on your tank.
    https://gtmotocycles.com/products/givi-4-liter-st602-tankbag-tanklock
    I purchased both from the GT-Rx on line store. It took about an hour to install. The fit is very nice and clean.

BE09FA92-41F0-4DAC-BAC3-239C216CDA83.jpeg 8A0E833C-EBDA-4FD6-B4C1-7073109367C9.jpeg 4DBEC810-AD2F-4DE8-84E5-7117D2BB1189.jpeg 670AB316-0A3A-45B1-A89D-C7CAA8AA3A48.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2019
  8. GTM®

Thanks for the Dan... appreciate if you could also post this on the product purchase page as a review if you haven't also.

9. Ghost_Bullet

I have really enjoyed being able to fit a tank bag to the Griso, the tank ring is fab, and I made a video clip of fitting etc below ;)

10. archercc

archercc Cruisin' Guzzisti

Anyone else having a ton of play with the bag mounted on theirs? A lot more vertical play than the ring from Givi themselves.

Additionally anyone done anything to address that the filler cap is now no longer snug against the tank. With this mounted it raises the cap assembly a MM or so meaning the rubber gasket below it isnt against the tank and isnt sealing to the drain hose. Im thinking water getting in the gas could be a huge issue with this not resolved.

11. Ghost_Bullet

I do get some play with the bag on the mount. my concern is wear on the plastic, which maybe I should buy a spare mount for the bag. Though it was 2018 when I installed, now 2021, and nothing has become any worse in that time.

One trouble is when the fuel may spill around the filler cap and discolor the cap, a little autosol sorted that out.
    Ive had no issue with water in the fuel to note either.

The alloy tank ring though, is unobtrusive and does not detract from the beauty of the big filler cap look.

12. Bioflap

Bioflap Just got it firing!

Just to be sure, do these fit a 1200 Sport? It doesn't have these holes on the top of the filler cap, like (i think) the Griso does.

And, where can I buy these? I would like to start using my Givi tankbag again..

13. GTM®

And a serious question back to you... How did you land on this thread and not see the words and links at the top that answers all of your questions? Curious is all.

14. Bioflap

Bioflap Just got it firing!

Haha thanks for the reply. I got redirected from the page where you could buy it to this page. Since I live in The Netherlands, shipping is almost as expensive as the product itself. Therefore I was hoping to find another solution which is produced in Europe.

Thanks for your help, and I'll see if I order one from the website in the US!