Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - Amidst the global dilemma, we’re offering free shipping in the U.S. now EXTENDED through Monday (4/6). Use COVID-19-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone, stay healthy, and please be helpful to those who aren’t.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum, by FACT NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - it should be common sense, but sadly needs to be stated; BE COURTEOUS! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

GTM CNC V7 Givi TankLock Bag Rings

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by wthammond, Apr 10, 2017.

1. wthammond

wthammond Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

OK here's how I attached the GT CNC lock ring - https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-v7-givi-tanklock-adapter-ring - to my 2015 V7:

1. Remove the gas cap and place a towel in the filler neck to avoid anything getting in there. Then remove the bolts holding in the cap ring. Note the orientation of the notch in the retaining ring of for the filler cap. It should run in line with the bike, or else your key will run perpendicular to the bike when you lock it. Unless you want it that way.

3CBF1324-6B2B-42E3-B765-F98E0B5E4CF2.JPG

310D99D5-E7CE-4317-B852-4061105964A5.JPG

2. Remove and carefully place it upside down.

0E2BB6AB-F5FF-410A-A128-C60CC439D0EE.JPG

3. Remove this o-ring and save it. It is not used in this installation, but you'll need if you remove the Givi ring later.

09620714-F661-46AB-8BBD-70474BAD79E0.JPG

4. Turn the tank ring over and place it in the Givi ring, orienting the 'notch' towards the rider.

IMG_0555.JPG

5. Reinstall the assembly, and replace the bolts on the tank ring. Put the bag on the mount before you tighten the filler neck retaining screws. Orient it to your taste, in this pic is a little crooked, so I fixed it. Then remove it and tighten the screws in a star pattern. Not sure of a torque setting here, but don't go crazy with it.

E0E0DC8C-F9D2-43DE-99DA-D87787F32EF0.JPG

6. As you can see if you intend to tuck your Ram mount for your phone behind your flyscreen it's a little tight, but some fiddling with the mount points sorts it.

B3118BF5-FD19-4E19-AE83-CAD11EC3AB62.JPG

7. This what it looks like with the included rain cover on it. Dainty, but a bottle of Bourbon and a couple Topo Chicos are just a fit. What else do you need?

F8ED9C27-780D-49D5-A57F-1C5254362131.JPG

2. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

wthammond,

Thank you for the reply and the instructions. My GPS is on a RAM mount on the clutch perch.

Are you using the 3 liter GIVI bag?

Regards,

Gerry

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

4. GerryP

GerryP Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd, wthammond,

Thanks to both of you for all the really useful information.

I've add this project to my list.

I have a rather large Vet bill to pay off first before I can add any more accessories.

regards,

Gerry

5. wthammond

wthammond Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Glad to help Gerry. It's pretty painless, and it's nice to have a little extra storage. I hear you on the Vet bills. No pets here, but 2 kids still on the payroll. In due time.
    Todd

6. Bulldog9

Bulldog9 Tuned and Synch'ed

Any problem with putting tank ring right on the paint, or water getting into the tank without the o ring? I may put a thin layer of tank protector (clear sheet) on the bottom of the ring, don't want to go metal on metal paint.