• Ciao Guest - Youā€™ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCyclesĀ® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

After the remapping it seems to me that the bike pulls much more with the traction controls off....is this normal?

Icona di Verificata con community

After the remapping it seems to me that the bike pulls much more with the traction controls off....is this normal?

View attachment 32897
It might be Ā« So powerful Ā« now that youā€™d be breaking the back tire loose all the time ! :rofl:
traction control is keeping you in Check !

It certainly does pull a lot better than stock with the DNA filter, exhaust and updated Mapping !

View attachment 32897
Yes. Very normal. There hasn't been a small block outside of the V85TT that I didn't immediately turn the TC off. Especially after it nearly caused me to go over the bars in a situation where it killed all power when I needed it the most.

now I only need to exclude the SAS and possibly the velocity stack even if I have some doubts about the latter.
I'll do one thing at a time to understand better

a few days ago I was testing my vitaminized Guzzino (V7III) with a knife between my teeth, among the thousand tests done in the last few weeks I happened to turn off MGTC and notice that the bike pulls more during acceleration... the Guzzino is actually angrier with the controls deactivated...
I couldn't explain this until I found the answers by dint of inquiring and searching.

In a nutshell, inside our MIU Marelli control unit we have 3 settings for VIRTUAL torque limiters, these limiters limit the opening of the throttle body BEFORE the bike loses traction, so it's just that at the slightest micro-tire the throttle closes... at on the contrary... virtual calculations are made and it prevents the tire from slipping before it does so by limiting and partializing the throttle opening.

On stock bikes this is quite unnoticeable, especially when using MGTC 1, but on vitaminized V7IIIs the difference between active MGTC 1-2 controls and deactivated MGTC 0 controls is quite evident.

I wanted to share this information.

My Flash Tool arrives tomorrow and I have downloaded the interface ready to crack on. I'm genuinely looking forward to sorting out some of the fuelling shortfalls. They are subtle but noticeable and become a bit tiresome.

New map installed this morning but I won't get a chance to ride until tomorrow. The whole installation process is pretty straight forward but this thread alone is a great resource for anyone not tech minded and maybe a bit nervous. The gadget itself is pretty great and does a great job of making like easy.

My main obstacle was what I though to be the gadget not reading my bike when hooked up. I spent maybe 20 minutes unplugging, checking connections re plugging, wiggling wires etc to no avail. Then I realised the touch screen can be a bit finicky so I used a stylus instead of my finger and bingo (for stylus read Allen key). Great job GTM. Now I'm itching to ride after a some ice and high winds.

Bike runs great after a 70 mile ride. Noticeably better at the bottom especially in traffic. Mid range just feels much more comfortable. The bike seems to want to go, eager like. I found myself taking familiar roads a wee bit faster. My guess is this is pretty close to how Guzzi tuned it before it had an emissions probe shoved up it's arse and tinkered with. I'm a happy camper.šŸ‘

Then I realised the touch screen can be a bit finicky so I used a stylus instead of my finger and bingo (for stylus read Allen key). Great job GTM.
Yes, thanks, all covered in the PDF.

My guess is this is pretty close to how Guzzi tuned it before it had an emissions probe shoved up it's arse and tinkered with. I'm a happy camper.šŸ‘
I just need some conformation re the Lambda sensors. Are they switched off now? Have you guys removed them completely?
Indeed, love the feedbackā€¦ and you can remove them completely if youā€™d like. Most run as is.

Back