• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

Noticed a drop in power past 4500-5000rpm on my V7II - is this because of the slip-ons just installed (no remap yet so it's probably running too lean)?
Or is it due to something else and the slip-ons just make it more obvious?

Noticed a drop in power past 4500-5000rpm on my V7II - is this because of the slip-ons just installed (no remap yet so it's probably running too lean)?
Or is it due to something else and the slip-ons just make it more obvious?
Let me start by saying please read the paragraphs at the top of the page. I've merged your post with this thread, so also take the time to read the first post here on page 1, and click on the links to the STORE page linked also above. That all well covers your question.

I ordered the GTM flash tool last week and am very excited to receive it in a couple of weeks or so. I have the GTM SAS kit, evap can delete, Sprint filter and Agostini super short slip-ons installed. While I love riding my V7III... I'll patiently wait until I get the ECU properly reflashed so it's running optimally. I'll be on my V85TT Travel until then. My Ducs always take a back seat to their cousins.

Thanks Todd and team!

No, the tool itself will do NOTHING for you.

The tool allows you to replace your stock fuel injection map with a new custom designed one from Todd (GTM).

That’s the tool’s function.

Did you READ?

Everything you want to know is right there but you have to put in the effort to READ.

“Our new touch-screen Flash Tool (FT) programmer for ECU "map" updating. This also a Diagnostic Tool: It handles the mandatory TPS reset you do post re-flash AND the subsequent ten-minute TPS resets we suggest you do at least seasonally. It will also read/clear error codes on the ECU (will not reset the Service wrench on '17+ models, sorry, dealer only). NOTE: Windows ONLY program supplied, and it will flash ONLY *one* Bike/ECU. The Flash Tool does NOT come pre-loaded with maps, you MUST read your ECU and send us the file first. It will capture and store your bike's stock map once you plug in for the first time, then you email your file to us for revision, typically in 24 hours or less. Our maps are built around the Evap Can delete and (for '17+ models our) SAS Kit. Changing things on your bike often or in the future? No worries, map revisions are no charge for the first year (small cost afterwards). Includes all connection cables. For Non-Public Roadway Use ONLY. Questions? Please see THIS FORUM thread for Q&A.”

Last edited:
I'm finally getting around to riding more often and starting to think my stock throttle map is kinda jumpy on my 2020 V7 Stone S. Will the flash tone down the snappyness and make it more smooth and progressive? Only other bike i've had to compare it to is my dad's 2020 Kawasaki W800 which feels dead/the exact opposite compared to mine but much nicer to putt around on (not as jerky/takes more throttle to get going/smooth). I currently have the GT SAS Kit installed and Agostini long cone exhaust with baffles in and new oem paper filter. Thanks for answering my dumb questions!
I was actually slightly tempted by the W800, as I’ve always sort of liked that long stroke, low compression feel. So like you I felt like my V7III was sort of jerky. I attributed it to the gearing, but once I did the GT reflash it definitely felt smoother, and as Todd explained to me it probably wasn’t the gearing but rather the fueling that I was mostly unhappy with. I wouldn’t quite say that it turned it into a different bike, but it definitely helped. Naturally, these sorts of seat-of-the-pants feelings are very subjective so YMMV.

… I wouldn’t quite say that it turned it into a different bike, but it definitely helped. Naturally, these sorts of seat-of-the-pants feelings are very subjective so YMMV.

I don’t know anything that Todd sells that he doesn’t design around real world function and dynometer data.

It’s a function of how much you are willing to invest in getting what you seek.

On my Stelvio NTX, I have the PC-V and the AT 300, and it most definitely changed the entire motorcycle completely.

There are literally countless posts from many others with the exact same conclusion.

I’ve said it 100 times…

With Todd, you get what you pay for. 👍

Will the flash tone down the snappyness and make it more smooth and progressive? Only other bike i've had to compare it to is my dad's 2020 Kawasaki W800 which feels dead/the exact opposite compared to mine but much nicer to putt around on (not as jerky/takes more throttle to get going/smooth). I currently have the GT SAS Kit installed and Agostini long cone exhaust with baffles in and new oem paper filter. Thanks for answering my dumb questions
Per what Scott wrote, all of your answers are here, and on the purchase page. Short answer, yes it sure will. Just spend a little time reading.

I wouldn’t quite say that it turned it into a different bike, but it definitely helped. Naturally, these sorts of seat-of-the-pants feelings are very subjective so YMMV.
As stated now for decades… “Different bike” requires mechanical changes. Air/fuel revisions allow smoother running and throttle inputs, along with much cooler running. ;)

As stated now for decades… “Different bike” requires mechanical changes. Air/fuel revisions allow smoother running and throttle inputs, along with much cooler running. ;)
I am always amazed at your patience Todd. You are a guru on Guzzi and a gift to us all. If I ever get down your way, dinner is on me.

I am always amazed at your patience Todd. You are a guru on the Guzzi and a gift to us all. If I ever get down your way, dinner is on me.
It's not easy, trust me. I always try to take the high road despite the ignorance and laziness on display globally in every aspect.
I REALLY appreciate those words, thank you.

99.9% of the frustrations around here would disappear overnight if we could just get people to SEARCH and READ the forums.

Unfortunately, so many people want to be spoon-fed answers, and this is neither practical or reasonable to assume on their part.

I grow very irritated at people who won't put forth the slightest effort at learning the information they want by reading. It's right there. All they have to do is read it.

I've given up being nice about it. I just say it directly and succinctly and if they get miffed, well so be it.

Case in point about the re-flash and its effective transformation of the bike. WELL DOCUMENTED AND DISCUSSED AD NAUSEAM.

The re-flash will enhance running conditions, but actual performance gains and such, will require induction changes, exhaust changes, and revised fueling maps (all available in the STORE and again, documented) to cater to those specific changes, as in the case of my aforementioned 1200 Stelvio NTX, PC-V, and AT300, and modified airbox setup.

Last edited:
99.9% of the frustrations around here would disappear overnight if we could just get people to SEARCH and READ the forums.

Unfortunately, so many people want to be spoon-fed answers, and this is neither practical or reasonable to assume on their part.

The re-flash will enhance running conditions, but actual performance gains and such, will require induction changes, exhaust changes, and revised fueling maps (all available in the STORE and again, documented) to cater to those specific changes, as in the case of my aforementioned 1200 Stelvio NTX, PC-V, and AT300 setup.
Completely agree with everything you and Todd are saying. At this point with the exception of a weird one off error, there is no need for a single question to be asked about the fueling changes from Todd. EVERYTHING has already been answered many times. If they are asking questions, then they are not searching and reading.

I did the SAS, EVAP can delete and installed the DNA filter. With Todd's new map, my previously rather sedate V7 III has been transformed into a motorcycle that wants to be ridden hard and loves to stretch her legs. Loving her so much.

Next summer a big bore kit and full GTM exhaust system. Heheheheheheheh!

I have recently purchased one of the ecu devices and a 2>1 exhaust system.

Now do I download the ecu file before installing the 2>1 or after ? I see the download needs to be the stock map but stock meaning pre or post 2>1?

I have recently purchased one of the ecu devices and a 2>1 exhaust system.

Now do I download the ecu file before installing the 2>1 or after ? I see the download needs to be the stock map but stock meaning pre or post 2>1?
Before. The ECU doesn't know what you have installed on the bike. Best to revise the ECU mapping before trying to run the bike with any modifications. Stock map means the ECU map read as delivered by Guzzi. Assume you got the PDF and ECU program download via email? If not, send a note to Info @Guzzitech.com

Before. The ECU doesn't know what you have installed on the bike. Best to revise the ECU mapping before trying to run the bike with any modifications. Stock map means the ECU map read as delivered by Guzzi. Assume you got the PDF and ECU program download via email? If not, send a note to Info @Guzzitech.com
I have not yet received the order yet, but wanted to be prepared for when it arrives.

Will the ecu program and pdf come with or should I send note before hand?

Thanks!

I have not yet received the order yet, but wanted to be prepared for when it arrives.

Will the ecu program and pdf come with or should I send note before hand?

Thanks!
I got an Email with the PDF and a link to download the software.
Based on today's experiece - I plugged the Unit into the PC with the supplied USB cable, for the fist time since to Loaded the Image from Todd after I got the Exhaust - It had two rounds of software updates for the Unit to download - only took a few minutes.
Load the new image to take *Advantage* of adding the DNA Filter...
I can hardly wait... :party:

I got an Email with the PDF and a link to download the software.
Based on today's experiece - I plugged the Unit into the PC with the supplied USB cable, for the fist time since to Loaded the Image from Todd after I got the Exhaust - It had two rounds of software updates for the Unit to download - only took a few minutes.
Load the new image to take *Advantage* of adding the DNA Filter...
I can hardly wait... :party:
oh great! I’ll wait for email

What Todd has described with the worldwide supply chain and distribution network, is as debilitating and frustrating in the motorcycle repair business as it obviously is for him is his business.

It is the very greatest bane of my existence on a near daily basis for almost 2 years now and I tell you, it just sucks.

Back