• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

A couple of years back - a local charity had an Event at a small airfield - where you could run your Car up to Illegal speeds :wasntme:
It might be *Fun* to run it " Up to the Ton" or higher just to see...
If ya wondering what's the top speed, I know "some" guy that clocked 182km/h. "That" guy's V7 850 is stock performance wise, no filter, mapping or exhaust mods so far. "He" said he'll check top speed again next spring after performance mods are done. I'm not gonna tell you who "that" guy is coz he likes Scott and "he" doesn't want to a get a demoralizing stick from him...

I know of another guy south of me that got to just over 160km/h at Calabogie race track, but it was slow to get there…
I wonder how he would do with one of GTM’s tune and parts… better for sure but how much better.
the RPM limit hasn’t been raised, so top speed would not change - just the time to get there.

I don’t know if Todd has Dyno numbers for a V7 III with tune + filter + exhaust?

OMG

Demoralizing stick? Never.

I have gone very very very fast in my times. In my youth, I never once ran up and down Mt, Palomar at anything remotely resembling legal speed limits.

Ditto for Angeles Crest, Mesa Grande, Ortega Highway, Sunrise Highway, Harbison Canyon, the back hills of Malibu and many others…

Hell most of the San Diego County Highway Patrol is probably still looking for me! 😆

Last edited:
I have a 2014 V-7 that is piping on deceleration. could this help my issue?
You could pop an email to Todd. He'll let you know if this is what you need:

I have a 2014 V-7 that is piping on deceleration. could this help my issue?
State of tune and notes above are paramount to resolving this... and is it all stock, or is the bike modified? All of these things are critical on a 8+ year old motorcycle, and if the bike is 100% otherwise, than our ECU flash tool linked above is your answer. That said, this will NOT resolve these type of things if the bike has been neglected or hasn't been properly serviced in the recent past by a pro who knows Guzzi.

When you change either intake or exhaust fueling changes are needed. Lean condition will produce excessive heat. See the fueling options in the Store.

Changes in the intake system or/and the exhaust can upset the air/fuel ratio which can do some major damage to the engine!
The fuel injection used in the bike is not smart at all and only is able to work in a very small window in the OEM configuration and even there it does a very bad job due to the smog requirements! The ECU is not able to learn what the new requirements are once you make changes! I am dealing with this very issue right now on my bike and I know how changes upset the system... not pretty! It has to be addressed!

Attachments

• 1AF81E65-D9E7-4DB5-BDD7-91B58CEC5DEC.jpeg
    1AF81E65-D9E7-4DB5-BDD7-91B58CEC5DEC.jpeg
    159.5 KB · Views: 37
Professional Rider on a closed Course :lipssealed: .
It's almost Incredible how much faster It *seems* to accelerate - even just going through the gear - I'll have to make another video to compare times to *red line* ( my setting ) in each gear, 4th = 140kp/h

Last edited:
Maybe the answer is already here. I fell asleep last night reading through posts. I’m going to flash my v7 carbons shine as soon as the flash tool comes. (My second bike Im flashing, totaled the last one.) my question is, once its flashed, and the service light comes on. Can the dealer reset that WHILE IT HAS A GUZZITECH FLASH or do i need to divorce the flash tool and set it back to stock map so the dealer does not brick the ECU?

my question is, once its flashed, and the service light comes on. Can the dealer reset that WHILE IT HAS A GUZZITECH FLASH or do i need to divorce the flash tool and set it back to stock map so the dealer does not brick the ECU?
A dealer cannot brick the ECU. They can overwrite the ECU and cause you expense and headaches. The Service wrench icon is a function of the speedo, and though it does get communicated via the same Diag plug, it has nothing to do with the ECU. Yes, the wrench can be reset and not disturb the ECU data. Just be SURE THEY DO NOT UPDATE THE ECU MAP.
I will add this info to the first post here and remove these posts.

Update from a new member: Last fall I purchased my 2012 V7 Classic (only 3500 miles on it!) and was having a difficult time with cold weather starting and lengthy warm-up times. Lots of stalling, sitting in my driveway warming it up for 5 minutes, etc. This spring I purchased the flash tool from Todd and installed the map he sent me, and I am really really pleased with how it turned out! Fires right up after a short burst of the starter, settles into a healthy idle within seconds. Runs through all the gears perfectly with no hiccups, pops, or lags. Easy to install, great results!

Just a question... I just wanted to make sure that the GTX ECU remap that I got now ignores the lambda / O2 Sensors? My bike is stalling out intermittently after the remap and after it gets warm. Their are several ECU faults on the tool that don't really make sense:
P0130
P0136
P0501
P0502
P0611
But if the O2 Sensor is bypassed then I can eliminate that error code and troubleshoot elsewhere.

Last edited:
Just a question... I just wanted to make sure that the GTX ECU remap that I got now ignores the lambda / O2 Sensors? My bike is stalling out intermittently after the remap and after it gets warm. Their are several ECU faults on the tool that don't really make sense:
P0130
P0136
P0501
P0502
P0611
But if the O2 Sensor is bypassed then I can eliminate that error code and troubleshoot elsewhere.

Um, I see nobody has replied and I understand why. You are making little sense here.

FIRST: Always state precisely what year and model you have. Mileage and basic history is also helpful in providing answers to your questions.

NEXT:

GTX ECU remap? What is that? Do you mean to say you got a new map from Todd (GTM) here on the SHOP site? If so, you should have received total communication from him regarding setup and installation and what is and what is not.

How are you reading those codes out? Do you have Todd’s (GTM) flash tool? If you are using GuzziDiag, then you will receive absolutely no help from anyone here. That software is toxic and can destroy your ECU in short order. It has been written about here and is specifically called out as forbidden here as written in the rotating screens above the four big dots, at the top of the page.

IMG 0094

Greetings to to the group.
Apologies for not being clear. Yes I have Todd's Remap tool.
Perhaps it was part of my delivery which was forwarded to me from a parts supplier, but when I received the email with the remap there was no indication of exactly what what was in the program. There were components that were excluded from my package from GT so maybe this 'what is and what is not' was part of that. I know my order is not characteristic of all orders from GT.
I have read the exclusion regarding other tools being discussed in the forum so I was under the assumption that the fact I am using this tool was understood.

Regarding the bike, which is a 2016 V7 II, I have made no other modifications than the installation of 2:1 exhaust also purchased from GT.
I have not had a chance to remove the Fuel vent and tip, this also could be an issue but I do not clearly understand that logic.

The symptoms where that one cylinder would cut out when the bike was warm and it would stall out or idle. I still suspect that there may be someother electrical bug in the system. I did however replace the spark plug cap and lead based on other post here on this forum.
The error codes that were previously posted where all after just one session with the bike where the above symptoms presented.

I took the bike to a local shop in Mallorca and while they didn't specialize in Motoguzzi they were familiar with the ECU and they deleted some parameters for the Lambda Sensors and evidently the bike is fine now.
This was confusing to me for a couple reasons, First I was under the impression from reading other posters that the lambda sensors were not factored into the Base Level Curve from GT Motorcycles. Second I did not know that there were any parameters that could get corrupted or would cause problems.
I share this bike with another person and they now are in possession of it.
Any help would be appreciated - obviously I have been basing my actions on false premises.

Last edited:
Perhaps it was part of my delivery which was forwarded to me from a parts supplier, but when I received the email with the remap there was no indication of exactly what what was in the program.
I do not understand any of this. I do not go into detail here or direct email on what is done with GTM maps. I can say that "lambda sensor heaters" remain an active fault, but do not cause any issues with running or (CEL) related. The sensors can be removed completely.

My 2020 V7III Stone S. has the GTM ECU flash tune and SAS delete kit, Agostini Super Short slip ons, Sprint dry air filter and EVAP canister delete. The ECU remap totally transforms the characteristic of the bike… it’s about as perfect for me as I want it. Starts easily, idles smoothly, pulls strong all the way up the range with no hesitation or hiccups and does not backfire on deceleration. I love this setup! If anyone is on the fence about getting Todd’s tune and SAS delete kit… just do it. It is transformative!

Just curious… Has anyone dynoed a V7III with similar upgrades? What kind of numbers do you think these changes made?

Finally bought a Reflash from Todd for the bike, runs very well
but with Tourist Season starting up I need it a little smoother in
town... Will post up how it goes!

Back