Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Harley Loffler

Harley Loffler Just got it firing!

I thought I might add a little review for any not too sure about the ECU flash.

Firstly, postage was super quick, it was here in less then a week and it had to come all the way to AUS.
    Installation was very simple. It is easy to see how much effort has gone into this product and it is much appreciated.
    First thoughts are that the low speed surges are gone, the bike needs much less clutch input in 1st.

Having straight through pipes on my bike I had some pretty serious decel pops on downshifts, they are all gone. Leaving behind a lovely growl from the engine.

Initially I didn't really notice any changes in the power delivery until my ride home today on the freeway. I managed to get in front of the traffic before the 0 - 100kph zone and it just took off, 4th gear has never had so much pull. It was like a rocket!!!!

Generally now the bike now has an attitude to it like it doesn't care in a way. As if it doesn't mind going all day without stopping. I see some pretty hot days (40 deg) and the bike used to felt like it was struggling in the heat a bit along with myself, now its just relaxed!!

Thanks Todd, looking forward to getting some more GT products in the future!

hody166, scudracer, joejacobi and 3 others like this.
  2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Very welcome. Appreciate the post, thoughts and business.

BenRCMC likes this.
  3. joejacobi

joejacobi Tuned and Synch'ed

I purchased the ECU Unit from Todd couple weeks ago - did the reproramming mid week and was able to take for a quick ride, notice the decel 'pops' were gone (I have Hindle Slip ons). Today I was able to take out for a longer ride - Wow, what a difference in the power delivery - 2nd-3rd, quick/responsive and fun! - idles a little nicer as well. So far, I'm enjoying the change! Thanks Todd.

4. jpv7

jpv7 Cruisin' Guzzisti

And I thought I was the only one with the Hindles...lol. How do you like their looks? Are you in Canada? Mine too had lots of popping before the re-flash.

Poppe likes this.
  5. joejacobi

I like the look - maybe a little shorter would be nice, I still havent removed the Hindle badge yet. Yeah, I'm outside of GTA (Ptbo). The popping was out of control prior to re-flash.

6. joejacobi

Maybe I missed it, but how did you make out? simple process, and if issues I'm sure someone (a friend or other rider/tech) could assist.

7. joejacobi

So, being new to ECU reflashing in general - I've had Todd send myself an updated map, my ECU has been updated and bike thus far is running differently - a good differently!
    My only mod on my 2014 V7 is Hindle Slip on exhaust.
    Now, when would I request a 'new' map? only if I change something on the bike i.e O2 Sensor, K&N air filter etc
    OR are there different maps for ways the bike to run? (if requested)

This is probably a question(s) for Todd to answer, I guess...lol

8. jpv7

jpv7 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I ran my V7ii (with the open Hindles) with both the stock filter and the K&N with no difference that I noticed...O2 sensor is connected. Don't run the bike with this map if you put the stock mufflers back on.

9. GTM®

Yes it is, always email please. Any major change in intake and exhaust would require a new map. If you change mufflers with similar baffles, then no. If you run, then pull a db-killer, or change to my full header system, then yes.

joejacobi likes this.
  10. Spackler

Spackler Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

I'm picking up a new Stornello in a couple days and my first mod is going to be a reflash. I just have one concern, will this cause any problems with warranty coverage?

Sorry if this has been covered, I read the entire thread and didn't see anything so maybe just a silly question.

11. Bob Ponticelli

Bob Ponticelli Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

FWIW - I was told no but depends on the dealer you have. Reflash again and put in the original if it goes back for warranty would be my advice.

12. GTM®

What Bob says above.

13. Spackler

Spackler Just got it firing! GT Famiglia

Makes sense. I'll be ordering the tool as soon as my finances recover from the new toy purchase.

14. GTM®

I have maps now for the V7 III and V9 in stock configuration, slip-on mufflers, GT-Rx® GP-Megs or my Full system (both of which will be available soon in the online Store tab above).

scudracer likes this.
  15. Carlos Rivera

Carlos Rivera Just got it firing!

Just ordered a box for an MIU 15' stone. Cold start / low speed hesitation and dying is not how a fuel injected bike should be. Excited to see the what the results will feel like after hearing all these great reviews

Will post my review when I get it up and going.

hody166 and GTM® like this.
  16. TweeZ4

TweeZ4 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Hi Todd,
    V9 engine is all new. 90% different from V7II small block. I didnt find any remapped v9 reviews in this thread.

Could you please share some info - how your V9 maps were tested, what (and to what extent) was changed in the maps (eg new fuel/air ratio vs stock)?
    What a user should expect from remapped stock V9?

Best regards,
    TweeZ4

17. GTM®

Well, what is different mainly is the cylinder heads and pistons. 90% different is a major exaggeration. I have not yet sold any V9 FTs. I have however built maps for my personal V9 shown below. I have completely stock, slip-on mufflers, and my full GT-Rx® high-flow exhaust system below. I dyno-build all of my maps with AFRs best suited for impressive throttle response and cooler running. You can expect the same thing as the Customer Reviews posted earlier in this thread and the reviews on the purchase page here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

TweeZ4 and Wisconsin v7 Racer like this.
  18. TweeZ4

So, you have have the map for v9 in stock.
    Do I understastand correctly that you tweaked the AFR map to run reacher than stock, which must be Euro-4 compliant?

Whats gonna happen with my stock exhaust and built-incatalytic converter if I use your map? How long the cat.conv. gonna last?
    I'm very interested in smoother engine operation and throttle response (like my non-any-euro 2005 Yamaha SR400 with carb, Japanese market), but a little bit cautious about long term effects.

P.S. English is not my native language, sorry if my messages look strange.

19. GTM®

I do, and yes.
    You live in Russia, and you still have a cat con on your bike?
    There has been zero issues of increased performance engines, for a very long time, running cat-cons... unless you are running leaded fuels. Then it has nothing to do with AFRs.
    Fuel corrected bikes have a much longer and happier/healthier lives. It's been this way for nearly 20+ years since I've been working on injected motorbikes.

Poppe and TweeZ4 like this.
  20. TweeZ4

Many thanks for detailed reply, Todd. I'm gonna order FT tool in July, when my wife will be visiting USA (I'm gonna save on overseas shipping cost).
    Moto Guzzi sells less than 30 bikes per year in Russia, so we get bikes with european specs, cause nobody will adapt bikes for such negligible market.
    We do not have emission requirements for motorcycles, however we have euro-5 emissions standard for new cars and leaded petrol is forbidden since 90-ies.

roadscum likes this.