• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

I thought I might add a little review for any not too sure about the ECU flash.

Firstly, postage was super quick, it was here in less then a week and it had to come all the way to AUS.
Installation was very simple. It is easy to see how much effort has gone into this product and it is much appreciated.
First thoughts are that the low speed surges are gone, the bike needs much less clutch input in 1st.

Having straight through pipes on my bike I had some pretty serious decel pops on downshifts, they are all gone. Leaving behind a lovely growl from the engine.

Initially I didn't really notice any changes in the power delivery until my ride home today on the freeway. I managed to get in front of the traffic before the 0 - 100kph zone and it just took off, 4th gear has never had so much pull. It was like a rocket!!!!

Generally now the bike now has an attitude to it like it doesn't care in a way. As if it doesn't mind going all day without stopping. I see some pretty hot days (40 deg) and the bike used to felt like it was struggling in the heat a bit along with myself, now its just relaxed!!

Thanks Todd, looking forward to getting some more GT products in the future!

thought I might add a little review for any not too sure about the ECU flash. Thanks Todd, looking forward to getting some more GT products in the future!
Very welcome. Appreciate the post, thoughts and business.

I purchased the ECU Unit from Todd couple weeks ago - did the reproramming mid week and was able to take for a quick ride, notice the decel 'pops' were gone (I have Hindle Slip ons). Today I was able to take out for a longer ride - Wow, what a difference in the power delivery - 2nd-3rd, quick/responsive and fun! - idles a little nicer as well. So far, I'm enjoying the change! Thanks Todd.

I purchased the ECU Unit from Todd couple weeks ago - did the reproramming mid week and was able to take for a quick ride, notice the decel 'pops' were gone (I have Hindle Slip ons). Today I was able to take out for a longer ride - Wow, what a difference in the power delivery - 2nd-3rd, quick/responsive and fun! - idles a little nicer as well. So far, I'm enjoying the change! Thanks Todd.
And I thought I was the only one with the Hindles...lol. How do you like their looks? Are you in Canada? Mine too had lots of popping before the re-flash.

And I thought I was the only one with the Hindles...lol. How do you like their looks? Are you in Canada? Mine too had lots of popping before the re-flash.

I like the look - maybe a little shorter would be nice, I still havent removed the Hindle badge yet. Yeah, I'm outside of GTA (Ptbo). The popping was out of control prior to re-flash.

Ok, I've taken a huge leap of faith and ordered the reflash box computer thingamyjig. I'm sure if I did the one on my Bonnie, and that's still running fine after 3 thrashing years, I can do this one.
I'll keep the thread posted.
Wish me luck. Actually you might want to wish Todd luck, cos my crap computer skills are going to REALLY test his customer service patience to its limit!
Have to cancel the dyno run and reflashing with the tuners over here. In the end, I changed my mind as I really wanted a Guzzi expert to sort it, and these other guys here in UK, although Im sure they're good, mainly deal with Jap race kit.
Also I was swayed by all of the positive feedback on the forums here.

Maybe I missed it, but how did you make out? simple process, and if issues I'm sure someone (a friend or other rider/tech) could assist.

So, being new to ECU reflashing in general - I've had Todd send myself an updated map, my ECU has been updated and bike thus far is running differently - a good differently!
My only mod on my 2014 V7 is Hindle Slip on exhaust.
Now, when would I request a 'new' map? only if I change something on the bike i.e O2 Sensor, K&N air filter etc
OR are there different maps for ways the bike to run? (if requested)

This is probably a question(s) for Todd to answer, I guess...lol

I ran my V7ii (with the open Hindles) with both the stock filter and the K&N with no difference that I noticed...O2 sensor is connected. Don't run the bike with this map if you put the stock mufflers back on.

This is probably a question(s) for Todd to answer, I guess...lol
Yes it is, always email please. Any major change in intake and exhaust would require a new map. If you change mufflers with similar baffles, then no. If you run, then pull a db-killer, or change to my full header system, then yes.

I'm picking up a new Stornello in a couple days and my first mod is going to be a reflash. I just have one concern, will this cause any problems with warranty coverage?

Sorry if this has been covered, I read the entire thread and didn't see anything so maybe just a silly question.

I'm picking up a new Stornello in a couple days and my first mod is going to be a reflash. I just have one concern, will this cause any problems with warranty coverage?

Sorry if this has been covered, I read the entire thread and didn't see anything so maybe just a silly question.

FWIW - I was told no but depends on the dealer you have. Reflash again and put in the original if it goes back for warranty would be my advice.

Makes sense. I'll be ordering the tool as soon as my finances recover from the new toy purchase.

I have maps now for the V7 III and V9 in stock configuration, slip-on mufflers, GT-Rx® GP-Megs or my Full system (both of which will be available soon in the online Store tab above).

Just ordered a box for an MIU 15' stone. Cold start / low speed hesitation and dying is not how a fuel injected bike should be. Excited to see the what the results will feel like after hearing all these great reviews

Will post my review when I get it up and going.

I have maps now for the V7 III and V9 in stock configuration, slip-on mufflers, GT-Rx® GP-Megs or my Full system (both of which will be available soon in the online Store tab above).

Hi Todd,
V9 engine is all new. 90% different from V7II small block. I didnt find any remapped v9 reviews in this thread.

Could you please share some info - how your V9 maps were tested, what (and to what extent) was changed in the maps (eg new fuel/air ratio vs stock)?
What a user should expect from remapped stock V9?

Best regards,
TweeZ4

V9 engine is all new. 90% different from V7II small block. I didnt find any remapped v9 reviews in this thread. Could you please share some info - how your V9 maps were tested, what (and to what extent) was changed in the maps (eg new fuel/air ratio vs stock)? What a user should expect from remapped stock V9?
Well, what is different mainly is the cylinder heads and pistons. 90% different is a major exaggeration. I have not yet sold any V9 FTs. I have however built maps for my personal V9 shown below. I have completely stock, slip-on mufflers, and my full GT-Rx® high-flow exhaust system below. I dyno-build all of my maps with AFRs best suited for impressive throttle response and cooler running. You can expect the same thing as the Customer Reviews posted earlier in this thread and the reviews on the purchase page here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

Well, what is different mainly is the cylinder heads and pistons. 90% different is a major exaggeration. I have not yet sold any V9 FTs. I have however built maps for my personal V9 shown below. I have completely stock, slip-on mufflers, and my full GT-Rx® high-flow exhaust system below. I dyno-build all of my maps with AFRs best suited for impressive throttle response and cooler running. You can expect the same thing as the Customer Reviews posted earlier in this thread and the reviews on the purchase page here; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool/
So, you have have the map for v9 in stock.
Do I understastand correctly that you tweaked the AFR map to run reacher than stock, which must be Euro-4 compliant?

Whats gonna happen with my stock exhaust and built-incatalytic converter if I use your map? How long the cat.conv. gonna last?
I'm very interested in smoother engine operation and throttle response (like my non-any-euro 2005 Yamaha SR400 with carb, Japanese market), but a little bit cautious about long term effects.

P.S. English is not my native language, sorry if my messages look strange.

So, you have have the map for v9 in stock.
Do I understastand correctly that you tweaked the AFR map to run reacher than stock, which must be Euro-4 compliant?
Whats gonna happen with my stock exhaust and built-incatalytic converter if I use your map? How long the cat.conv. gonna last?
I'm very interested in smoother engine operation and throttle response (like my non-any-euro 2005 Yamaha SR400 with carb, Japanese market), but a little bit cautious about long term effects.
I do, and yes.
You live in Russia, and you still have a cat con on your bike?
There has been zero issues of increased performance engines, for a very long time, running cat-cons... unless you are running leaded fuels. Then it has nothing to do with AFRs.
Fuel corrected bikes have a much longer and happier/healthier lives. It's been this way for nearly 20+ years since I've been working on injected motorbikes.

I do, and yes.
You live in Russia, and you still have a cat con on your bike?
There has been zero issues of increased performance engines, for a very long time, running cat-cons... unless you are running leaded fuels. Then it has nothing to do with AFRs.
Fuel corrected bikes have a much longer and happier/healthier lives. It's been this way for nearly 20+ years since I've been working on injected motorbikes.
Many thanks for detailed reply, Todd. I'm gonna order FT tool in July, when my wife will be visiting USA (I'm gonna save on overseas shipping cost).
Moto Guzzi sells less than 30 bikes per year in Russia, so we get bikes with european specs, cause nobody will adapt bikes for such negligible market.
We do not have emission requirements for motorcycles, however we have euro-5 emissions standard for new cars and leaded petrol is forbidden since 90-ies.

Back