• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

Having a bit of trouble getting my reflash tool to recognize my bike - followed the update procedure but still no luck.

Video:

Any advice would be appreciated - and forgive me if this has already been covered!

Hook the unit up without ignition turned on then push on screen to upload map or read your old map then the unit will tell you when to turn the ignition on and off.

Hook the unit up without ignition turned on then push on screen to upload map or read your old map then the unit will tell you when to turn the ignition on and off.
Interesting, I do not remember mine telling me when to turn on the ignition. I plugged mine into the bike, waited until the screen powered up and then turned on the ignition, waited a few seconds and then everything worked perfectly.

It doesn't matter whether the ignition is on or not when you plug the unit in.

It does matter whether the engine is running, however. The engine should not be running... when it is, the ECU is executing code, running sensors and such, and cannot be updated until it's back to the "power on, ready" state.

Hi All,

I would appreciate some basic help with reading my ECU.

I have Todd's Flash tool and each time I try to read and download the existing ECU info, ready for re-mapping, I keep getting the error message... "an error occurred while reading data from the ECU. Please try again." I try again but the same message appears each time.
Just before the error message the screen says "key on and confirm". I would assume this means turn on the ignition with the key, however, I absolutely did not want to try this as it is not described under the 'Operating Instructions' that came with the tool and it clearly states under 'First Use': "the bike should NEVER be running for any part of this process".

What does "Key on and confirm" mean? and, why can't the flash tool read my ECU???

IMG 2089 IMG 2090 IMG 2091 IMG 2092

Turn the key on to power up the ECU. Don't start the engine.
Thanks Raven!
It was quite obvious but thought I'd check with those in the know.
Todd has also now updated the operating instructions to make it clearer.

Flash done and throttle calibrated. Whilst there is not a drastic difference, the bike is running smooth and there is less drag on releasing the throttle when in motion.
Perhaps the SAS and evaporation can do need to come off, although this is more work than I anticipated.

Flash done and throttle calibrated. Whilst there is not a drastic difference, the bike is running smooth and there is less drag on releasing the throttle when in motion.
Perhaps the SAS and evaporation can do need to come off, although this is more work than I anticipated.
Drastic differences come from modifications like intake and exhaust. This is an air/fuel correction only. Smoothness and throttle response is all it does really.
My map is built around the mods I state. ;)

I posted the procedure to block off the EVAP and vent the tank normally a while ago. It's here:
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/evap-removal-from-v7iii-racer.17879/

Takes about 20 minutes max. I haven't yet removed the canister, but that's about a three minute job (just unbolt, pull the unused portion of the vacuum line, and throw far away...). Just haven't gotten a round tuit. :D

Hi All, hoping someone can lend some advice with the GTM Flash Tool. I have a 2014 V7 Racer. Downloaded the the software to a PC, no problem. Connected up the FT to the PC and allowed it to update. Seemed to go fine; no errors. Connected the FT to the bike and followed the instructions in the manual to read and store the stock file to the FT. it prompts me to verify the ignition is on, which is is (ignition on, engine NOT running), it begins to read the ECU and then gives me the following error: "ERROR - ECU in Recovery, reading not allowed." I've double checked the diagnostic port to make sure the two wires are in good shape and the pins are not pushed back. All looks good there. I also attempted to use some of the other functions on the programmer to see if it could read data from the ECU. Under the "Diagnostic" tab there's selections for EOBD, Vehicle List, and My Vehicle. EOBD and Vehicle list both return "Warning! Function not available" while "My Vehicle" simply chimes at me when I press the button.

Any idea folks?! Thanks!

Covered many times here and in the instructions, but happy to post it again (and again)... the bike must be as ready to start, meaning in neutral, in the run position, etc. EOBD is not available as the bike is not EOBD. Also covered in the instructions. ;)

Covered many times here and in the instructions, but happy to post it again (and again)... the bike must be as ready to start, meaning in neutral, in the run position, etc. EOBD is not available as the bike is not EOBD. Also covered in the instructions. ;)

Hey Todd, thanks for chiming in on a Saturday night. I promise I followed the instructions for reading the original file. Even printed them off and brought them down to the shop with me! Understood on the EOBD. Admittedly I did not get that far in the manual. I had stopped at the "Reading the original file" section.

Anyway, I think I got it. I had selected "V7 Cafe Racer" from the menu. On the next page is a "V7 Racer" option. That one seems to be the ticket. Download is in process now.:)

Boy I hope this has not already been covered, and I missed it.
I just got the new GTMv2-NEW.mod file for my 2015 V7, Todd mentioned a couple things that also must be accomplished, and they flew over my head. Perhaps someone here can help.

1) "Be sure to run the Throttle Position Command under the Diagnosis > My Bike tab. When flash is done." Is this obvious once I start ?

2) Todd mentioned "the map is built around the evap can & tip valve delete. Can somebody help me on this?

What becomes of the two hoses connected to the evap can. Does one get plugged and the other fuel tank vent just hangs there?

And what does "tip valve delete" mean. Are theses done before I get started"

Thanks a million.
Chris

I just got the new GTMv2-NEW.mod file for my 2015 V7, Todd mentioned a couple things that also must be accomplished, and they flew over my head. Perhaps someone here can help.

1) "Be sure to run the Throttle Position Command under the Diagnosis > My Bike tab. When flash is done." Is this obvious once I start ?

2) Todd mentioned "the map is built around the evap can & tip valve delete. Can somebody help me on this?

What becomes of the two hoses connected to the evap can. Does one get plugged and the other fuel tank vent just hangs there?

Thanks a million.
Chris

Tip valve should be a valve that is between the hose from fuel tank and the hose to the evap can.

Thanks a million.
Chris

Yep, this one is obvious when you are in the scan tool. I dont recall the exact verbiage but its something like "Throttle Position Reset." YOu select that one and the tool does the rest. it will confirm for you when it's done. That's the only indication it's complete.

So am I correct in that the refleash tool is designed to work only if the evap can & tip valve are deleted. If these steps are not taken is there any advantage to the reflash? Thanks

Back