• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM ECU V7 & V9 Flash Tool

So, I just uploaded a new map to my ’17 V7iii as well as the TPS reset. After my first ride I can tell a significant difference and I'm happy overall. There is one thing, though, that I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced. When going through 1st and 2nd the bike sort of bogs down as I'm opening the throttle. Is there something I can do to stop that?
Comment best made to me direct email, but I'll post here for now... Tip and evap done? SAS kit installed? Valve lash set to? Reset the TPS again, and be sure that the traction control is set to 1 or turned off. The ECU flash resets it to the most aggressive intervention: 2. That, or check your tire pressures.

Comment best made to me direct email, but I'll post here for now... Tip and evap done? SAS kit installed? Valve lash set to? Reset the TPS again, and be sure that the traction control is set to 1 or turned off. The ECU flash resets it to the most aggressive intervention: 2. That, or check your tire pressures.
Thanks for the reply. It was definitely the traction control setting. I didn't know that it reset to 2. Running amazingly now.

My MGCT is still in position '2' since I changed my shocks absobers, and no unwanted action.
When MGCT is in “1”, it remains there.

Is there a way to permanently keep the MGCT at zero? Mine always reverts to 2 when I turn the bike off then on again
Unfortunately no. It will retain the last setting, so if you set to 1, it will return there when you restart.

I had some trouble getting the flash tool updated for the first use, and it turned out it was because I was trying to use a Windows virtual machine on my Mac. For some reason it would lose connection just before the final step, every single time. (Related to the FT resetting and connecting back to the host Mac but not the virtual machine.) When I rebooted into a Windows partition using Bootcamp, I got the job done.

(Just a searchable post to save some Mac user some headaches someday.)

hi - @Todd
I was pretty sure I downloaded this software from the original email after purchase, but since I did not have a Windows computer at that time, I never installed it -
I cannot find the downloaded file now on my Mac, so of course the link is no longer available -
Can I please have this link re-sent to me so that I may download?

thank you -

hi - @Todd
I was pretty sure I downloaded this software from the original email after purchase, but since I did not have a Windows computer at that time, I never installed it -
I cannot find the downloaded file now on my Mac, so of course the link is no longer available -

thank you -
Your best bet is to email Todd directly. Info at GuzziTech.com

hi - @Todd

thank you -

reached out to Todd directly - as with prior dealings with him, response and info was timely and pleasant - he was able to help me out with my ECU FT app - I can't wait to get the GT MOTOCYCLES SS V7 GP MEGS!

Hey there. Looking at this unit for my V7 Stone S. Does this unit also allow us to clear the maintenance wrench light for every oil change, inspection, etc or is it just for engine tuning? Also will it troubleshoot engine codes? Just wanna be sure before i order since my current dealer is 120+ miles away. Thanks!

Hey there. Looking at this unit for my V7 Stone S. Does this unit also allow us to clear the maintenance wrench light for every oil change, inspection, etc or is it just for engine tuning? Also will it troubleshoot engine codes? Just wanna be sure before i order since my current dealer is 120+ miles away. Thanks!

I was talking to the “former” local dealer and he said the system connects to Moto Guzzi HQ when resetting the service interval alert !
( So no the ÉCU tune does not give you the ability to reset the service “Wrench” )

Per above (for now), no maintenance light reset yet... however, yes, it is a full diagnostic tool as noted on the purchase page, including the diagnostic code reset.

Cut and pasted from the product page:

The day after getting the break in service done on my V7III, along with SAS and Evap system delete (and having previously put on Agostini carbon cones), I did the reflash. To be honest I am not the most sophisticated rider, and I am sure that I miss many of the nuances of fueling that others will catch, but I concur that these mods with the GT reflash definitely make a noticeable and positive difference. Starting is more confident, power delivery is smoother throughout the gears, and overall there is more pull. One positive surprise -- I had been slightly annoyed by what I thought was an inordinate amount of engine breaking on the V7III, but turns out that was just a snatchy throttle, now sorted by the reflash.

Also, I sent in my stock map out of the blue with no warning (I had purchased the tool a few months ago), and Todd sent the revised map back to me in no more than a couple of hours. Pretty great turn around.

Hi all, I am new to the forum, and hope I get some help on my 2020 V7 currently in original stock setup.

In where I live (Hong Kong), I am having a hard time finding a motorcycle shop who knows much about Moto Guzzi. As a result, it is unlikely I can find a professional mechanic to help me do the EVAP canister removal (and I have never had any mechanical classes so basically no chance I will be able to do it right myself). With that as the background, can someone let me know:

(1) Is it possible to use the GTM Flash Unit to improve throttle response and reduce low speed jerkiness without doing the EVAP canister removal? Is there a mapping that can be used when the EVAP canister remains intact on the bike?

(2) If yes to #1 above, will the use of the Flash Unit mapping without removing EVAP canister have any adverse effect to the riding feel and riding conditions? For example, the degraded throttle because of a vacuum build-up like someone else described? Any other risk that anyone is aware of?

(3) If yes to #2 above, is there any work-around? Would regularly opening the gas cap help release any pressure or vacuum build-up, thereby resolving any issues highlighted?

Sorry I am very unsophisticated with mechanics so any help will be really appreciated.

Francis

(1) Is it possible to use the GTM Flash Unit to improve throttle response and reduce low speed jerkiness without doing the EVAP canister removal? Is there a mapping that can be used when the EVAP canister remains intact on the bike?
(2) If yes to #1 above, will the use of the Flash Unit mapping without removing EVAP canister have any adverse effect to the riding feel and riding conditions? For example, the degraded throttle because of a vacuum build-up like someone else described? Any other risk that anyone is aware of?
(3) If yes to #2 above, is there any work-around? Would regularly opening the gas cap help release any pressure or vacuum build-up, thereby resolving any issues highlighted?
1. It will work, just not as well as intended.
2. Vacuum build up is a result of a system failure, which will cause poor running issues because of fuel pump cavitation.
3. No, it's an air leak and/or a fuel tank pressurization issue. This is something that people think is an ECU issue, which it is not. Does your bike have the evap system on your bike? Not all markets got it.

1. It will work, just not as well as intended.
2. Vacuum build up is a result of a system failure, which will cause poor running issues because of fuel pump cavitation.
3. No, it's an air leak and/or a fuel tank pressurization issue. This is something that people think is an ECU issue, which it is not. Does your bike have the evap system on your bike? Not all markets got it.

Thank you, Todd!

Please allow me to double confirm, that the use of the flash unit can still improve throttle response and jerkiness, just the improvement may be less than with the EVAP canister removed, correct?

And that not removing the EVAP canister will not have adverse effect that need to worry about?

Lastly, would you have any mapping that is for when the EVAP canister is still in place? I would love to remove the EVAP canister but looks like my luck will be very limited this time.

Back