RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

GTM Monster Builds

Discussion in 'Custom Guzzi Builds' started by GT-Rx®, Sep 1, 2017.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

For those even remotely following this Forum or FB/IG over the years, I've been threatening a monster custom build for several years now. Well... the time has come. Under my new business name launch (soon), GT Motocycles or GTM in short, our first build is underway in-house @GTM as seen below. Since Guzzi never brought in the Bellagio, we're building our own version.
    The ~140+ rwhp GTM 1380cc motor with RG custom cam is now having the frame built around it per below. Target weight is sub-450 lbs. This build may be for sale when done. Cost will be $35-45k+ depending on trim level. Plan is to build 3-4/year for now. All of our builds will be used bike CA titled and plated.
    I am taking deposits on custom bikes - inquire if interested via email; Info at GTMotocycles.com
    Our next v2.0 build will be more customized and wear a roots-style blower or a belt-driven centrifugal supercharger. Stay tuned.

Very crude Photoshop attempt below, don't pick it apart as it's a simple concept mock-up.

IMG_1972.JPG

scudracer, cse, Kerry and 7 others like this.
  2. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Hey Todd!
    WOW!
    Keep posting updates please.
    FYI First try to go to new web site took me to a site in England.
    I had put in: gtmotoRcycles.com instead of motocycles.com
    For awhile you might want to make it a link or spell it out like:
    GTMotoCycles.com or set up an alias like GTMoto-Cycles.com ot GT.Moto.Cycles.com
    anything to make it more obvious for lunk heads like me.

It's exciting for sure & congrats on the new adventure.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  3. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

That is really looking good Todd.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  4. GT-Rx®

Well, it is Moto Guzzi, and not Motor Guzzi. It's a play on that, and I loved early on when Indian used Motocycles. I will post progress pics as we go. p.s. I put the link in my signature below for you. ;)

IMG_1409.JPG

Poppe and DK-V7classic like this.
  5. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

Good luck on the the new venture Todd, a fantastic showcase for Moto Guzzi and GuzziTech in particular.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  6. GT-Rx®

A shot from Friday. Seat is just for length estimation. I'll be using a custom made seat. Inset photo shows RG hub for Ducati SSS single nut wheels, so the options are nearly endless.

IMG_1992.JPG

scudracer, cse, TASH566 and 2 others like this.
  7. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

IMS Long Beach show here I come!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  8. groundhog105

I'm excited for you Todd. I love the look of this project. Are you going to use single throttle body FI system from the 1400 for you intake?

Poppe likes this.
  9. GT-Rx®

Thanks and no, sticking with the dual throttle bodies. I may move away completely from Marelli and onto a closed-loop system, that is expandable enough to handle the blower/supercharger set up for the next build. I'll be using the super-slick Motogadget M-Unit box and gauges, etc.

cse, TASH566 and Poppe like this.
  10. fitero

fitero Just got it firing!

It might be a crude photoshop but I like the aesthetics. I find the fact that I like it rather strange as I am never a fan of the nude rear wheel style which is so prevalent nowadays.

I wonder if you will make some nice side panels to cover the air filters and the triangular space there. So many customizers fail there by making plain, flat inserts for that area. Something machined or hammered out with rounded edges would be my hope....maybe something CNC machined with the same angle the rocker covers have.

I'll wait silently over here hoping you post photos of your build progression.

Trout likes this.
  11. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Agree with fitero about the naked rear wheel, one of the reasons I held off buying a Griso for so long.

12. groundhog105

I will be looking for you in Long Beach. This is great.

Poppe likes this.
  13. GT-Rx®

Test fit of a BST carbon fiber wheel for our next build, check. We are a dealer and may offer these as bolt-on options for all CARC Guzzi.

IMG_2111.JPG

cse, TASH566, blakbird and 4 others like this.
  14. My name is Jeff

My name is Jeff Cruisin' Guzzisti

So the nightmare begins.
    Good luck Todd I'm sure it will be a beast!

15. fitero

I like the look and light weight of the BST wheels.

cse, groundhog105 and Poppe like this.
  16. GT-Rx®

Shortened the headstock to work with many modern triples, and slimming down of the CARC subframe to help shed even more weight and portly width of the Griso. Looks like we will be around 35 lbs, or less, for the entire frame. ~50+ lbs lighter than the Griso frame.

IMG_2125.JPG

cse, RUFULUS and Faisal like this.
  17. GT-Rx®

Custom CNC triples with bazooka-sized 50mm Marzocchi forks. Griso wheels for mock up only. Shock, tank and bars next.

IMG_2135.JPG

blakbird, cse, Faisal and 4 others like this.
  18. GT-Rx®

A few more updates to share... again, all for mock up, nothing is even close to finalizing yet. Exhaust will be really interesting. Design hint is the X pipe.

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_2210.JPG

blakbird, cse, RUFULUS and 2 others like this.
  19. fitero

Cool. 2 into 1 into 2?

I think the headlight is perfectly sized and placed.
    If I were to ask for anything, it would be to have the headlight mount made a little beefier. With the large fork uppers and the large exhaust tubes the little bracket looks a bit wimpy to me. Then again, I could be full of it since I'm no paragon of good taste.

Poppe likes this.
  20. groundhog105

Man, I am loving the way this is looking. I can just envision a air tech fiberglass fairing on this to make it perfect for sport touring.

GT-Rx® likes this.