• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7 Mk I-III 2>1 SS Exhaust System

Heh Pat, awesome. Love hearing that. The meg is actually a "muffler" (it has a stainless steel sound deadening material in it under the perf'ed core), though it still sounds quite healthy I agree.
I'd like to stand ~50' with my db-meter and measure it. Probably not as loud as it sounds on the bike. I've definitely ridden much louder. :happy:

Thanks for posting the update.

The very first 2>1 stubby under-body muffler is done and headed to Miami. Yes it will be LOUD, which is what he asked for. Thanks Karsten!

We'll be building another full system with reverse cone megaphone early this coming week for stock, and could ship before Friday.
Pricing is the same for the stubby muffler or meg. They are both interchangeable as to mufflers should you want either/both.

Now taking orders; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-v7-2-1/

GTRx V7 2 1Shorty

Howdy,
I'm the guy who bought Todds' 2-1 prototype for my 2012 V7 Racer. He also re-flashed the ECU and loaded the map for the new pipes. You all can guess what I'm probably about to tell you, but I'm gonna tell you anyway... IT"S COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED THE BIKE. The first thing I noticed after hitting the exhaust button was no cold start. The damn thing just jumped instantly with no hesitation. That was cool. The next thing that hit me was the sound. The exhaust note was ENORMOUS. Not deafening or freaky, but commanding and crisp, sonorous and deep, basso profundo - the stock pipes absolutely sound anemic in comparison. Killer sound and that was before I twisted the throttle...
I jumped on and took it for a test ride. Throttle response was... responsive. Stock ECU throttle = listless, squishy, dead spots. Re-map = quick, crisp, and even. No questions, no hesitation BAM! you're there. I would recommend this upgrade with or without pipes. Speaking of pipes - first off you're dropping 20+ lbs from the bike when you drop the stock 2-2. That thing is a PIG. Subtract the evap
canister and the O2 sensor and you've gone on a serious diet. For a bike producing what, less than 50 hp that weight diff is significant. Bike instantly felt lighter, faster, more flick-able. What does that mean, in a nutshell? MORE FUN.
It's a significantly lighter bike with a killer sounding exhaust and a properly sorted ECU - and I absolutely love it.
A little bit more about the exhaust - Installation was really easy. Two header pipes to a Y-collector into the muffler. Todd provides some stout pipe clamps and it utilizes the stock exhaust hanger. The minimal nature of the pipe really cleans up the look of the bike, too, which I found to be an added benefit.
Todd was great through the whole process, from ordering/payment to shipping/delivery, and with installation tips and answering my tech/performance questions. Bottom line - if you're considering this exhaust upgrade for your V7 - you won't be disappointed.

CV V7R 2 1 1
CV V7R 2 1 2
CV V7R 2 1 3
CV V7R 2 1 4
CV V7R 2 1 5
CV V7R 2 1 6

Chris, Appreciate the post... and thanks so much for everything, including the purchase. Glad to hear you're off to enjoying how the bike really can be once uncorked.

Awesome! Wanna start a club? I spent two weeks up north and couldn't wait to get back on the bike and ride. The sound is addicting.

The pipe is a work of art but the tuning is pure genius. Glad to see another pipe out there.

Pat

@todd. In some way i have a problem to upload the Video i send you Yesterday on the Forum, so please feel fee to post it for me here. Several Guys ask me for a Sound Video from the shorty to put up here .
Thanks for posting the pics above. Absolutely on the video. Here go, and also can be found on our GuzziTech YouTube channel; www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILulF6PL-s
Thanks again for the purchase and flash. It sure sounds amazing... congrats.
For anyone interested, this underbody muffler can be easily exchanged for the reverse cone meg on our full 2>1 as shown >HERE< and bottom pic as well.

Regarding the Sound of the Shorty the answer is easy. It gives you a constant grin on your face and you just want more of it .

A little story from yesterday. I live in a Residential High Rise in Miami Downtown where at the ground Level is the famous Zuma Restaurant in the Epic Hotel. I went down to the Parking Garage and at the time lots of high end dinner crowds arrived in every cool car you can imagine (Ferraris, McLaren etc..), I let the engine run and took some shots for my Dad of some of the cars, and in not even two minutes I had a small crowed of those guys around me with the women waiting to get into the restaurant. Lots of guys tool pics and vids of the bike and asked what it is and where to buy it .
I did that before without the shorty and not much attention at all. :happy::) Not that im looking for this kind of attention but its strange what sound can attract.

Love the sound of the shorty!! And looks, too... I'll pull the dB killer in my 2->1 Zard system as soon as I can find a circlip pliers long enough -- so far no luck.

Thanks for sharing!

Todd... I know this is an old thread but I need your help. After reading these comments, I KNOW that I need your help now. I just installed a pair of Mistral megaphones (wish I would have learned about your system before yesterday) and now I need your reflash magic on my 13 V7R.
I live in Central California and could come to you.
I sent you an email also.
Looking forward to hearing from you
Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for posting, and happy to be of help via email.

Apart from the aesthetics in looks what are the advantage / differences in performance of a 2 -1 set up over a 2-2 system for the small block engine ?

Apart from the aesthetics in looks what are the advantage / differences in performance of a 2 -1 set up over a 2-2 system for the small block engine ?
Power differences, and weight. 2>1 systems generally offer much better bottom and mid-range power with the same power on top as the duals. The few that have purchased then can likely confirm. I have yet to Dyno one, as I've sold the rare few I've built.

hey Todd. I'm interested in your 2>1 system. I can easily install myself but obviously can not re-map. I live in Florida so I can't have you re-map. And my local dealer is not a very good mechanic. any suggestions

hey Todd. I'm interested in your 2>1 system. I can easily install myself but obviously can not re-map. I live in Florida so I can't have you re-map. And my local dealer is not a very good mechanic. any suggestions
Thanks for your interest, and where in FL are you? Others have simply removed and sent me their ECUs. I'll send you a note direct email on your account here.

Well after macgyvering a new fuel line assembly using some fuel injection hose, a brass tee, and some hose clamps the beast has reawakened. I will provide a high quality audio recording of it soon, but I will say the 2>1 sounds spectacular.

Each hit of the percussive exhaust note is very well rounded which provided a positive thud instead of a pitchy and edgy brap. The sound of the valve train is smoothed over which helps to avoid a "steampunk" secondary exhaust note. This makes the sound very conducive to the bike. When you roll on the throttle the edges round even more into a smooth, but very present growl. As far as volume, I can't say for sure since the bike was in a garage (still have a few inches of snow and ice on the ground), but it seems powerful without being annoying.

Now the only thing is "spring" needs to comeback to MN so I can get some miles in with the new setup.

Linked is another audio example of the 2>1 exhaust. It is on a '14 V7 Stone. The audio starts near the right cylinder and then moves back behind the exhaust and up the left side then back over to the right side.

Audio File

Just took my 2013 V7 Racer out for the first ride after doing the 2 into 1 and the reflash. Wow that was fun. Sounded awesome with both short and long mufflers, but I think I prefer the stubby. Power and throttle response was outstanding. I just have to thank Todd for all the help, and answering all my questions along the way. Totally worth it.

Back