Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - We're offering FREE shipping on orders over $99 for U.S. customers now through Monday (11/30) midnight PST. Use COVID-20-FREE at checkout on the STORE tab above — Please support small business! We wish the best to everyone; Stay healthy and hope you can get out and ride! Also, see our Newsletter link in the General Chat section below.

GTM V7 Mk I-III 2>1 SS Exhaust System

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Oct 11, 2013.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Heh Pat, awesome. Love hearing that. The meg is actually a "muffler" (it has a stainless steel sound deadening material in it under the perf'ed core), though it still sounds quite healthy I agree.
    I'd like to stand ~50' with my db-meter and measure it. Probably not as loud as it sounds on the bike. I've definitely ridden much louder. :happy:

Thanks for posting the update.

2. GTM®

The very first 2>1 stubby under-body muffler is done and headed to Miami. Yes it will be LOUD, which is what he asked for. Thanks Karsten!

We'll be building another full system with reverse cone megaphone early this coming week for stock, and could ship before Friday.
    Pricing is the same for the stubby muffler or meg. They are both interchangeable as to mufflers should you want either/both.

Now taking orders; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-rx-ss-v7-2-1/

GTRx-V7-2-1Shorty.jpg

3. volloy

volloy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Howdy,
    I'm the guy who bought Todds' 2-1 prototype for my 2012 V7 Racer. He also re-flashed the ECU and loaded the map for the new pipes. You all can guess what I'm probably about to tell you, but I'm gonna tell you anyway... IT"S COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED THE BIKE. The first thing I noticed after hitting the exhaust button was no cold start. The damn thing just jumped instantly with no hesitation. That was cool. The next thing that hit me was the sound. The exhaust note was ENORMOUS. Not deafening or freaky, but commanding and crisp, sonorous and deep, basso profundo - the stock pipes absolutely sound anemic in comparison. Killer sound and that was before I twisted the throttle...
    I jumped on and took it for a test ride. Throttle response was... responsive. Stock ECU throttle = listless, squishy, dead spots. Re-map = quick, crisp, and even. No questions, no hesitation BAM! you're there. I would recommend this upgrade with or without pipes. Speaking of pipes - first off you're dropping 20+ lbs from the bike when you drop the stock 2-2. That thing is a PIG. Subtract the evap
    canister and the O2 sensor and you've gone on a serious diet. For a bike producing what, less than 50 hp that weight diff is significant. Bike instantly felt lighter, faster, more flick-able. What does that mean, in a nutshell? MORE FUN.
    It's a significantly lighter bike with a killer sounding exhaust and a properly sorted ECU - and I absolutely love it.
    A little bit more about the exhaust - Installation was really easy. Two header pipes to a Y-collector into the muffler. Todd provides some stout pipe clamps and it utilizes the stock exhaust hanger. The minimal nature of the pipe really cleans up the look of the bike, too, which I found to be an added benefit.
    Todd was great through the whole process, from ordering/payment to shipping/delivery, and with installation tips and answering my tech/performance questions. Bottom line - if you're considering this exhaust upgrade for your V7 - you won't be disappointed.

CV-V7R-2-1-1.jpg
    CV-V7R-2-1-2.jpg
    CV-V7R-2-1-3.jpg
    CV-V7R-2-1-4.jpg
    CV-V7R-2-1-5.jpg
    CV-V7R-2-1-6.jpg

4. GTM®

Chris, Appreciate the post... and thanks so much for everything, including the purchase. Glad to hear you're off to enjoying how the bike really can be once uncorked.

scudracer likes this.
  5. fireflyr

fireflyr Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Awesome! Wanna start a club? I spent two weeks up north and couldn't wait to get back on the bike and ride. The sound is addicting.

The pipe is a work of art but the tuning is pure genius. Glad to see another pipe out there.

Pat

6. Carlos Campos Perera

Carlos Campos Perera Just got it firing!

Todd, can you attach a longer muffler, sometingh like a peashooter to this pipes?

7. kasi

kasi Just got it firing!

Here are some Pics of my Bike with the Shorty on I also did the reflash with Todd and so far the Bike rides like a Dream !!

photo.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG photo 2.JPG

T_Guzzi and GTM® like this.
  8. GTM®

Thanks for posting the pics above. Absolutely on the video. Here go, and also can be found on our GuzziTech YouTube channel; www.youtube.com/watch?v=xILulF6PL-s
    Thanks again for the purchase and flash. It sure sounds amazing... congrats.
    For anyone interested, this underbody muffler can be easily exchanged for the reverse cone meg on our full 2>1 as shown >HERE< and bottom pic as well.

[​IMG]

9. kasi

kasi Just got it firing!

Regarding the Sound of the Shorty the answer is easy. It gives you a constant grin on your face and you just want more of it .

A little story from yesterday. I live in a Residential High Rise in Miami Downtown where at the ground Level is the famous Zuma Restaurant in the Epic Hotel. I went down to the Parking Garage and at the time lots of high end dinner crowds arrived in every cool car you can imagine (Ferraris, McLaren etc..), I let the engine run and took some shots for my Dad of some of the cars, and in not even two minutes I had a small crowed of those guys around me with the women waiting to get into the restaurant. Lots of guys tool pics and vids of the bike and asked what it is and where to buy it .
    I did that before without the shorty and not much attention at all. :happy::) Not that im looking for this kind of attention but its strange what sound can attract.

GTM® likes this.
  10. makarushka

makarushka Cruisin' Guzzisti

Love the sound of the shorty!! And looks, too... I'll pull the dB killer in my 2->1 Zard system as soon as I can find a circlip pliers long enough -- so far no luck.

Thanks for sharing!

11. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Just got it firing!

Todd... I know this is an old thread but I need your help. After reading these comments, I KNOW that I need your help now. I just installed a pair of Mistral megaphones (wish I would have learned about your system before yesterday) and now I need your reflash magic on my 13 V7R.
    I live in Central California and could come to you.
    I sent you an email also.
    Looking forward to hearing from you
    Alan

12. GTM®

Hi Alan, thanks for posting, and happy to be of help via email.

13. cliffyg

cliffyg Tuned and Synch'ed

Apart from the aesthetics in looks what are the advantage / differences in performance of a 2 -1 set up over a 2-2 system for the small block engine ?

14. GTM®

Power differences, and weight. 2>1 systems generally offer much better bottom and mid-range power with the same power on top as the duals. The few that have purchased then can likely confirm. I have yet to Dyno one, as I've sold the rare few I've built.

cliffyg likes this.
  15. cliffyg

cliffyg Tuned and Synch'ed

Ok thanks for the reply :)
    Food for thought indeed :devil:

16. jo_dem

jo_dem Just got it firing!

hey Todd. I'm interested in your 2>1 system. I can easily install myself but obviously can not re-map. I live in Florida so I can't have you re-map. And my local dealer is not a very good mechanic. any suggestions

17. GTM®

Thanks for your interest, and where in FL are you? Others have simply removed and sent me their ECUs. I'll send you a note direct email on your account here.

18. mnguzzi

mnguzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Well after macgyvering a new fuel line assembly using some fuel injection hose, a brass tee, and some hose clamps the beast has reawakened. I will provide a high quality audio recording of it soon, but I will say the 2>1 sounds spectacular.

Each hit of the percussive exhaust note is very well rounded which provided a positive thud instead of a pitchy and edgy brap. The sound of the valve train is smoothed over which helps to avoid a "steampunk" secondary exhaust note. This makes the sound very conducive to the bike. When you roll on the throttle the edges round even more into a smooth, but very present growl. As far as volume, I can't say for sure since the bike was in a garage (still have a few inches of snow and ice on the ground), but it seems powerful without being annoying.

Now the only thing is "spring" needs to comeback to MN so I can get some miles in with the new setup.

19. mnguzzi

mnguzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Linked is another audio example of the 2>1 exhaust. It is on a '14 V7 Stone. The audio starts near the right cylinder and then moves back behind the exhaust and up the left side then back over to the right side.

Audio File

20. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just took my 2013 V7 Racer out for the first ride after doing the 2 into 1 and the reflash. Wow that was fun. Sounded awesome with both short and long mufflers, but I think I prefer the stubby. Power and throttle response was outstanding. I just have to thank Todd for all the help, and answering all my questions along the way. Totally worth it.

GTM® likes this.