Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above. WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

GTM V7 Mk I-III 2>1 SS Exhaust System

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Phillip Lin

Phillip Lin Just got it firing!

I just picked up my bike from Todd with the 2>1 exhaust and remap. Previously I had a pair of the Mistral reverse cone slip ons (Which I LOVED).

Here are the differences between the two if anyone is wondering. GTx is a tad big quieter at idle, but when revved, its MUCH louder than the Mistrals. While riding, it is much louder and rowdier as well, you can definitely hear the beat of the engine a lot clearer than the low rumble of the Mistrals.

Mistrals were closer to a cruiser like low rumble, and the GTx sounds more like a sport bike, much meaner and aggressive, though higher pitched than the Mistrals, it is PLEASING to the ears!

Throttle seems to be more responsive as well through the rev range, it seems like after the swap, Im riding the bike in higher RPMS than before!

Overall, Im LOVING these pipes! and I absolutely LOVE the looks of the thing too!
    If you are on the fence, I suggest you JUST DO IT!

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

So I now have a handful of 2>1 systems for the V7 III on the shelf, both in Racer high mount as shown below, or low mount for all of the other models; Stone, Special and Anniversario. Available in brushed stainless, mirror polished or black coated as shown. Click pic below for info or HERE. Any input here from those that are interested in purchasing one?

[​IMG]

scudracer and GR1 like this.
  3. GR1

GR1 Tuned and Synch'ed

Definitely a beautiful piece of work (as usual), but with the new Tuning Fork steed in the garage it'll be awhile before I'm ready to add one of these! Oh, and I'm MK 2 v7

4. GT-Rx®

scudracer, GR1 and Poppe like this.
  5. GR1

GR1 Tuned and Synch'ed

Poppe likes this.
  6. GT-Rx®

I can. Just need the bike at my shop for a week. Ping me direct email if serious; Todd at GuzziTech.com

Poppe likes this.
  7. GT-Rx®

I got one set of low mount V7 III 2>1 polished, and one set brushed (bottom pic), back from the polisher today. Ready to go. Who’s first?

119703E5-C5FA-4F8D-B66D-0C2F9AC2923F.jpeg
    922F81F3-0369-4E0B-8EF6-D0D6DB41C565.jpeg
    19C29D54-178D-4570-8257-4B8ADDD63DB6.jpeg

scudracer, cse and Poppe like this.
  8. scudracer

scudracer Tuned and Synch'ed

Hi Todd can you build something like this for a late '12 V7 I Special (low mount, polished)?

9. GT-Rx®

Sure, meaning the muffler design(?), as I have the rest of the system on the shelf for the V7 Mk I.

scudracer likes this.
  10. scudracer

scudracer Tuned and Synch'ed

Yes! Thanks Todd sounds like a good upgrade. Is this the best option for weight, torque and breathing? My apologies if it has been covered in the past.

11. GT-Rx®

Weight would be less with my standard 12” meg for your year, as the GP meg is several pounds heavier, otherwise yes on all. Well covered on the Forum here.
    If you want me to custom make you the muffler, I have a very narrow window to do so now on paid order. Purchase a new V7III system on the Store, and I’ll build one, but time is running out quickly. Other info, email direct only.

Poppe and scudracer like this.
  12. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Here is my bike with the GuzziTech 2:1 and Tail Tidy from the side opposite of the exhaust exit. I can bring up some more that are more straight on if that helps you.

I have the ECU remap done too among a few other things to the bike. I think the 2:1 looks gorgeous on the bike, and will look even better when I finally get some proper shocks on the bike like the Ohlins (gold) or the Nitrons (blue).

I've heard the 2:2 and have the 2:1, from what I understand there is just the slightest advantage to the 2:1 somewhere on the dyno but I don't remember exactly where, and its very minimal. The 2:2 looks brilliant as these bikes look great with 2:2 exhausts, but the 2:1 gives it a slightly more aggressive look, in my opinion, especially with a tail tidy. If I remember right the 2:1 is slightly louder too. If you haven't heard GuzziTech's exhaust, I'm happy to meet with you, a fellow GuzziTech 2:2 rider did the same for me before I purchased as well and it really help solidify my decision.

I did new tires on the bike in the form of Continental Road Attack III's with a slightly smaller tire up front, it really spiced up the front end steering into corners which might be of interest to you too.

Let me know if you want a more profile picture of the side with out the exhaust.

[​IMG]

GT-Rx® and dududuckling like this.
  13. GT-Rx®

2>1 vs. 2:2 — 2>1 is of course lighter, and the power hits harder off of idle, and has more midrange with zero sacrifice on top end gains. 2:2 has a linear power build which feels like it has more top end power (it doesn’t). Pics below of the left side. Chat any time direct email.

5CB223FF-2E92-4AD6-8A5F-BA7D93E7C10F.jpeg 7C9A9184-BD6E-47FE-8BDE-C71C63008799.jpeg C80A36BD-F7B4-498E-B5E8-00D4830C2EA5.jpeg

avlis likes this.
  14. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

Is that the brushed finish? Yeah, more pics of the other side please.

Poppe likes this.
  15. GT-Rx®

We both thought you were asking about the left side, as I also posted above.
    Should be plenty of pics on the right side on the online Store and exhaust threads here, but I have those below handy (yes, brushed finish on Tyler’s bike). I’ll be moving these posts to the exhaust threads soon.

33114836-A85C-43C5-A208-58293DC8751F.jpeg 788D1165-CDC9-4F1B-8C1B-0009E3902C37.jpeg

avlis and Poppe like this.
  16. avlis

avlis Tuned and Synch'ed

We were asking about the left side, thanks for the pics.
    I asked for right side pics because the store has only two pics of the V7III 2-1 and they both are the black version. I'm trying to visualize brushed finish 2-1 or 2-2 on my V7III Racer to replace the factory black. Thanks again.

17. GT-Rx®

Welcome, and I moved the posts to this exhaust thread. Skim the posts and pics here.
    I have the brushed system shown above... Sad to say, even after one year, I haven't yet sold even one brushed or polished system to anyone, which means someone has the chance to be the one and only on the planet!

avlis and Poppe like this.