• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7R-820 QuattroValvole Info & Dyno Runs

Assembly should be arround the corner now :)

Just waiting for the word from Todd

I am loosing it atm. So to get some road time, i have found a pair of jugs on ebay, then i can always revert to stock. And Best of all ride while Todd is working on My 4v-820 Kit :-D

Assembly should be arround the corner now :)
Just waiting for the word from Todd. I am loosing it atm. So to get some road time, i have found a pair of jugs on ebay, then i can always revert to stock. And Best of all ride while Todd is working on My 4v-820 Kit :-D
Yes, we're close. Just awaiting the custom valve parts to arrive. They are buried in work, and I won't use anyone else. More direct email. Soon.

Yes, we're close. Just awaiting the custom valve parts to arrive. They are buried in work, and I won't use anyone else. More direct email. Soon.
Can't wait to get rid of This god DAMN lambda shit! Its ruiening My bike!
I have now fittet two sparkling clean injectors(cleaned and fittet with New filters by a Pro)100% symetric mist...New fueltank filter... Still running Lean and giving me engine light..

Black sparkplugs yay... And rough idling and low speeds.

Man i Can't wait to fit EVERYTHING, re-flash, Autotune etc. Autotune is mounted, but it dont run without a flash. So off with the wideband again.

Close to naming her popper or poppy, shoots like its newyears eve.
The lambda sensor is proberly broken.

And i refuse to buy a New one :mad:

Changing tacks, although this may be exactly what you have in mind for the V7 III, may I suggest:

Since the 820cc-4V kit for the V7 I/II nets about 20 rwhp more than stock, and (per one of your posts elsewhere) the V7 III, with the new Hemi head, already makes 9 rwhp more than the V7 I/II... a new V7 III 820 Big Bore kit that does not change the V7 III head but might include a head exchange program (factory-delivered V7 III Hemi heads for hand-ported V7 III heads), might do the trick to grab the additional 10 horses that the 820-Quattrovalvole kit with the 4V heads obtains (especially if the V7 III big bore kit includes a head exchange program/ported heads).

The Hemi head on the V9/V7 III sounds like it is already a pretty good design, and... unlike the 820-4V set-up, which is only available with installation at your shop, a drop-in V7 III 820 BB kit would be an easy upgrade for those wanting a little more punch!

I can't wait to see what you have planned!

Last edited:
That's too bad - It would almost be nice to have the two bikes available to compare side by side.
Well, it was for well over a year. Good ideas don't support the business... which I still can't figure out in watching the actual rental numbers, as to what goes out the most (V7 Stone wins by far).
I'll post on the new motor under a separate thread.

That's too bad - It would almost be nice to have the two bikes available to compare side by side. :)

Changing tacks, although this may be exactly what you have in mind for the V7 III, may I suggest:

Since the 820cc-4V kit for the V7 I/II nets about 20 rwhp more than stock, and (per one of your posts elsewhere) the V7 III, with the new Hemi head, already makes 9 rwhp more than the V7 I/II... a new V7 III 820 Big Bore kit that does not change the V7 III head but might include a head exchange program (factory-delivered V7 III Hemi heads for hand-ported V7 III heads), might do the trick to grab the additional 10 horses that the 820-Quattrovalvole kit with the 4V heads obtains (especially if the V7 III big bore kit includes a head exchange program/ported heads).

The Hemi head on the V9/V7 III sounds like it is already a pretty good design, and... unlike the 820-4V set-up, which is only available with installation at your shop, a drop-in V7 III 820 BB kit would be an easy upgrade for those wanting a little more punch!

I can't wait to see what you have planned!
Just a guess, but I would think a big bore kit to 820 from 750 would gain somewhat less than 10% or 5 hp. Maybe pipe and tune would pick up a few to get to 60 hp.

Having said that, I would probably be more likely to spring for new Pistons and new cylinders, a pipe and tune for $2,500 ish than the 4 valve head package for $5k due to both price and long term potential reliability issues.

Of course I am not tracking/racing this bike.

Just a guess, but I would think a big bore kit to 820 from 750 would gain somewhat less than 10% or 5 hp. Maybe pipe and tune would pick up a few to get to 60 hp.

It will be interesting when the numbers came out. From Todd's earlier post of dyno numbers for the 4V head on the stock bore, this mod gave back 14 more horses [≈ 36% gain], versus 9 for the new V7 III/V9 hemi 2V [≈ 24% gain]. On the other hand, the 820-2V kit (with ported heads) gave back about 7 more h.p. [≈ 18% gain]. So one may not be able to get quite to the 60 h.p of the 820-4V kit with a V7 III 820-2V Hemi (V7III/V9) kit, but it will be pretty close! And it will be for a pretty penny less than going for the full 820-Quattrovalvole kit.

As far as reliability, I have no concerns about long term durability of the 4V set up. As I understand, historically the weak link with the small block 4V heads was the valves (after the cam issues had been resolved - OK pretty much the entire valve train - LOL!). In any case, Todd was aware of these issues while developing the 4V kit, and his kit addresses them satisfactorily. ;)

Hey how goes the progress on the kits? I am getting to a place in my life where this might actually be an option for me !

Hey how goes the progress on the kits? I am getting to a place in my life where this might actually be an option for me !

I think the kits have pretty much been sorted since they first became available and are the result of the really nice collaborative work between Mike and Todd.

I have 8000+ miles on my kit now. I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it!

Worth every penny.

But as Todd states, if you can't build, let's say a moped or fix it. Dont try doing it your self.

I did it, but only be course I live en on the other side of the planet(Denmark).

Got 60rwhp now btw. ;)

Sketch 1532889934738

Last edited:
It’s winding down really. I have one kit and pistons left. I really prefer to install it at my shop as others have had issues in getting it done. My shop has installed several with zero issues.

Only one more left! ah. I just need that one extra job promotion dang it. I hope I make it in time because this would be the dream.

Final mods including Kineo wheels, Brembo Race brake upgrade and new Matris F15K fork kit.

View attachment 10991

I’m really glad to see this beautiful bike does not have a fender eliminator. I see that they look good, but having one seems like giving in to the fact you will forever have to check the weather to decide to take this or your other bike. I like to ride in the rain sometimes, you know?

I’m really glad to see this beautiful bike does not have a fender eliminator. I see that they look good, but having one seems like giving in to the fact you will forever have to check the weather to decide to take this or your other bike. I like to ride in the rain sometimes, you know?
That beautiful bike could have been yours with the GT-Rx 820 Quattro Valvole kit and the stock fender. ;)

You would not be disappointed. Not at all!! ; )
Thats where I'm at I wouldn't have the money until December January time frame but i do have a shop that is more than capable of installing the kit :( I am just getting back on my feet after a lay off a year and a half ago and with my next Army school on the horizon I will have the money but its a i cant do it right now right now thing :(

Thats where I'm at I wouldn't have the money until December January time frame but i do have a shop that is more than capable of installing the kit :( I am just getting back on my feet after a lay off a year and a half ago and with my next Army school on the horizon I will have the money but its a i cant do it right now right now thing :(
Which shop?

Back