• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM V7R-820 QuattroValvole Info & Dyno Runs

HNY! Our friend Jason is riding into 2019 with one of the last of our 820cc Quattrovalvole kits -- we also added our GTM Performance Headers & H to make it a plug and play operation with the 4V heads.
We have one set of pistons left, and will not be doing any more.

Hope everyone has a fun year ahead.

JJ 8204V NYD19

HNY! Our friend Jason is riding into 2019 with one of the last of our 820cc Quattrovalvole kits -- we also added our GTM Performance Headers & H to make it a plug and play operation with the 4V heads.
We have one set of pistons left, and will not be doing any more.

Hope everyone has a fun year ahead.

View attachment 16193

Damn I hope I can get this done before anyone beats me to those pistons.

That seat is killer too.

Do you just have the pistons or do you have on whole kit left? I was about to call you on getting the kit.
Please email me direct as I can't always catch posts here; Info at GuzziTech.com

Just to be certain, the 820-4V (V7_I-II) kit is being discontinued altogether or will be made to order on future orders?

Just to be certain, the 820-4V (V7_I-II) kit is being discontinued altogether or will be made to order on future orders?
It depends on the heads. The few I have found for refurb are not servicable.
I do currently have one set of pistons on the shelf; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-big-bore-820-4v-pistons - It would take about 3 months to have a full kit ready. Also, the only option for installation is at my shop in Orange. Seems not many can tackle it (it’s not simple or easy).
As stated above, write me direct email if serious, or first step is to purchase the pistons to get things rolling.

It depends on the heads. The few I have found for refurb are not servicable.
I do currently have one set of pistons on the shelf; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-big-bore-820-4v-pistons - It would take about 3 months to have a full kit ready. Also, the only option for installation is at my shop in Orange. Seems not many can tackle it (it’s not simple or easy).
As stated above, write me direct email if serious, or first step is to purchase the pistons to get things rolling.
What would it take to install in a V65 Lario. It already has the heads (clearly). Juust wondering......

Hello forum,

According to the website's shop:
Our full GTM conversion kit (not included) is with retro-fitted 4V heads with all new modernized parts (valves, springs, seats and seals) and performance flow-ported intake and exhaust tracts, along with new push-rods and related to make it a near drop in swap. Have your cylinders bored and re-nikasiled yourself, or we offer this service. You will need to modify your stock header inlets to mate to the 4V heads, or purchase our GTM Headers or full system."

1. According to this statement, the stock cylinders can be rebored and treated with nikasil. The only change are the heads. So, why do the photos of bikes with the 4 valve kit appear to have different polygon shaped cylinders? I think the stock cylinders' fin shape most compliments the style of the v7.

What would it take to install in a V65 Lario. It already has the heads (clearly). Juust wondering......
Missed this. Not yet done it, nor had both parts in hand to measure, so can't say. As long as the wrist pin location is in the same place as the new pistons, should be plug and play.

Our full GTM conversion kit (not included) is with retro-fitted 4V heads with all new modernized parts (valves, springs, seats and seals) and performance flow-ported intake and exhaust tracts, along with new push-rods and related to make it a near drop in swap. Have your cylinders bored and re-nikasiled yourself, or we offer this service. You will need to modify your stock header inlets to mate to the 4V heads, or purchase our GTM Headers or full system."
1. According to this statement, the stock cylinders can be rebored and treated with nikasil. The only change are the heads. So, why do the photos of bikes with the 4 valve kit appear to have different polygon shaped cylinders? I think the stock cylinders' fin shape most compliments the style of the v7.
Perhaps you are confusing the valve covers/heads with the cylinders? On my 2016 Racer II, I purposefully used the cylinders that were the same vintage look ('09-12 V7) to mimic the heads so they both looked the same. On most of the others, the cylinders remained the stock rounded edge versions, like Jason’s above.

Thank you for clarifying and after closer inspection, I see that Jason's modification keeps the rounded edge cylinders with polygon 4-valve heads.

Will this difference in geometry pose any issues with heat expansion difference? (ex. cylinders heat soak and expand different rate than heads due to different cooling fin design)

If one also wanted to cylinders to mimic the heads, do you have stock of these cylinders ('09-'12 V7)?

Forgive me if this was already mentioned, but does GuzziTech offer a warranty (parts and/or labor) with this conversion?

Forgive me if this was already mentioned, but does GuzziTech offer a warranty (parts and/or labor) with this conversion?
We’re happy to give a 90 day guarantee under normal use. Problem is we can’t control how the engine is used, so we can only do so much. We have many motors happily running along for a few years now with no issues.
Honestly, by the questions you are asking, this mod likely isn’t for you. These are not in house newly manufactured parts, they are modernized retro fit.

Since we now have a dyno, we had Chris' 820-4V in the shop, and able to do some pulls now that is has some miles on it. The new dyno isn't a Dynojet, but it is more aligned to real world power and acceleration. I did do a some fueling tweaks too, and the first pass was ~59 rwhp, but final pass (post tweaks) was an impressive 67 rwhp and 57 lb.ft. Have to say, that must make it one of the strongest V7s on the planet (along with the several others we've done). Before you ask, this kit is no longer available, though we will sell you the pistons only; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-big-bore-820-4v-pistons

E678421F E0E5 452C B3EA 835631507495

Since we now have a dyno, we had Chris' 820-4V in the shop, and able to do some pulls now that is has some miles on it. The new dyno isn't a Dynojet, but it is more aligned to real world power and acceleration. I did do a some fueling tweaks too, and the first pass was ~59 rwhp, but final pass (post tweaks) was an impressive 67 rwhp and 57 lb.ft. Have to say, that must make it one of the strongest V7s on the planet (along with the several others we've done). Before you ask, this kit is no longer available, though we will sell you the pistons only; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-big-bore-820-4v-pistons

View attachment 20982
those are impressive numbers. hopefully i can get close with my v7 iii

How.....
I'm not doubting the numbers but it's still mind boggling how he keeps extracting power.
It's the GTM secret sauce. Hope he gets more out of the hemi v7 iii's
One of the differences between the newest run and the earlier run (a year and a half ago) is the fitting of a performance GTM air filter.

I would guess that Todd can get close with the 820 V7 III hemi heads, but the ultimate output might be limited by the size of the valves on the hemi heads. It should be close, though.

Back