RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

GTM V9/7 For Sale

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GT-Rx®, Sep 23, 2018.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Our V9/7 has reached the end of it’s duties, as we prepare for the new ‘19 models. 10,5XX miles. Too many extras to list outside of the obvious V7 body and bars/peg rails. $8995 (firm) as it sits, or will put it back in completely stock V9 Bobber trim for $6000.
    Write me direct for details from there; Todd at GuzziTech.com

1FF361C0-0187-4E61-8704-F24640CF2373.jpeg

Eder, Poppe and Mayakovski like this.
  2. GT-Rx®

Trying to get a feel from anyone in the market for a new bike here. What would you pay for this bike as it sits above? It has thousands of dollars of upgrades including ~$2k in suspension, and another $1500 in exhaust and fueling. It’s a serious runner and just broken in. Everyone that has ridden it has been impressed.
    I have it on Craigslist, and will try Cycle Trader and eBay next.

3. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

I just sold my 2013 v7 racer on Facebook marketplace. I priced it to sell, which was cheap with all your products on it. I had tons of interest and it sold within a week to the first guy who looked at it for the 4,500 I was asking.

4. GT-Rx®

Thanks for the input! Seems that is going rate for a 2013. This is a 2017 V9 that has about $3500+ worth of body parts + R&D to make it a V7-style bike, plus the suspension, windscreen, tail tidy and a handful of other items. I'm happy to put it back to a completely stock 2017 V9 Bobber for ~$6k or so. I've done this with my last several bikes, so I guess it's time to do it again on this one. Shame no one wants to buy a well sorted bike these days. No one could even come close to duplicating what it is here for my asking price and several months worth of headaches to do it. Everyone who has ridden this bike loves it. Oh well... thanks again.

5. dududuckling

dududuckling Tuned and Synch'ed

When returned to stock, the asking price of $6000 is reasonable (although I would shoot for $5000-$5500). Looking at the dealer's inventory where I got my V7III from, a brand new 2017 V9 still goes for $7000, which after tax and registration will come up to $8500.00.

With mods, I feel like $9500 is on the high side (I would try to negotiate for $8000-8500). Sure they are expensive and performance upgrades and all, but parts like the shocks and exhaust already have some miles on them. Maybe list out and emphasize all the mods? The buyer would have to choose between a 3-year, 10,000-mile bike with full mods and for $2000 more, a brand new, 2019 model.

This is just personal opinion. A beautiful bike nonetheless, good luck with the sale!

6. GT-Rx®

Thanks for the input. Your comparison isn’t fair as this bike is very rare as it sits, meaning it is far from any stock model and value/pricing.
    All of the parts still have significant value, even used, and the gas tank and pump can be used on my GTM builds, so those are still worth $750 alone.
    Anyone want a one of one full exhaust system for their Bobber?
    Sounds like I should just put it back to stock, and sell or use the parts again as I have done in the past.
    Making room for the V85TT - which might be the only bike I keep in the fleet. Rental business is way down.

dududuckling likes this.
  7. Trout

Trout GT Reference

Todd,
    First I'm not in the market for any more bikes, I have 3 Guzzi's sitting now that all need work but that does not stop me from looking.

You don't know how any times I see low mileage Guzzi's on ebay etc in the $8k range or less & then add in the cost of your fuel mods & think: I'd be good with that. Sometimes I even look at where the bike is & how far it is from you. Buy & ride or ship it to you.....

Yet when I saw your V9/7 listed at $9500. & know all the mods you have done to it & with 10k miles it's just broken in I hardly give it a second look.

It's a psychology thing I guess, I didn't grow up poor but I never spent money I didn't have to & knowing how to wrench made it even easier to buy "cheap".

The other thing I do is constant comparing: Hmm $9500 for a Todd 850 but that 1400 was only $8k plus shipping...........

As old as I am & as many bikes (both running & project) that I have bought it always comes down to that initial money spent.

If I was in the market I'd have to agree with DU DU Duckling on the 8k to 8.5K range.

Hard to believe that nobody has made you an acceptable offer.

8. GT-Rx®

Thanks, me too. I get it that everyone wants things for cheap. Thing is, in my long past of used bike shopping, spending hours looking and running only to find bikes completely misrepresented and worse, with people wanting top dollar, always bring me back to this one fact... much like a rare few, all of my bikes have been cared for beyond what most anyone else would do, and all of the products I R&D to make these bikes work is countless, tireless and costly. I know no one values that when they aren’t the one doing or paying for the work. I also see the abominations that are done every day online with people clapping and cheering... so I have learned this, do not invest any more time and money on projects like this. So noted. I will begin pulling the bike apart soon after a stint on eBay.
    Appreciate the input guys. I’m learning tons.
    I’ll stick to my GTM builds. ;)

Robert Gibson and Trout like this.
  9. Trout

Trout GT Reference

What's the saying about old dogs..........At our age we should have had it figured out a long time ago.

10. GT-Rx®

This is what is currently on CL, both are way older, and both are nearly still stock (and have stock exhaust and fueling). I dropped my asking price to $8995. I sold my (returned to bone stock) ‘16 Racer II (with this same tank color) for $7500 last Fall, and they spent $600 on GTM mufflers a month later. For $9k, I’m giving a lot away. I will return it to stock end of this coming week if no interest. Interesting conversation and poll here from a year ago; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-modded-new-turn-key-v9-7.15501/

83EBB1F0-4551-4DD0-8AB1-E0F690ABA4E2.jpeg ABEAB4BC-222D-4E81-B32A-1BC0A61DB41F.jpeg

11. Jason Shea

Jason Shea Just got it firing! GT Site Contributor!

I don't agree with most the feedback here, sorry but from my perspective this is a great bike at a great price! I would hate to see you strip it down and return it to stock. Buyers should consider Guzzi's last for years without much maintenance compared to the other over complex Italian models and they're super fun to ride, nothing quite like them!

I also truly appreciate what you're doing with all your R&D and long hours spent because I ride one of your v7 4v big bore kits and smile every time, it never gets old! I'd definitely consider this bike but, I want the GTM02.3!

I'd say don't give up and find the right buyer who appreciates what you've created with this build!

GT-Rx® likes this.
  12. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

For what it's worth and to anyone reading this I have ridden one of Todd's rentals and you will not find a better sorted MG. So if you are in the market I would suggest make a sensible offer cos you will inevitably end up doing the mods. My Cali 1400 has the GT-Rx fuelling package, modded air box and BMC air filter, performance silencers and upgraded suspension (Matris).
    What's it worth? To me priceless, to anyone else.... they will probably only see the value of a stock 1400.
    Todd your rentals are a showcase for the GT-Rx products but if you aren't going to get a return on your investment, as much as it goes against the grain. It may be worth only renting out stock machines and that would be a shame.

GT-Rx® likes this.
  13. GT-Rx®

Thanks from a fellow 1%-er ;)
    I can't wait to see you on GTM-02.3, for sure... and I'm going to try to find a good match on this V9/7, as it's a really good bike as it sits. To get a V9 where this one is would take ~$4200 without labor or tax for just the suspension, exhaust and fueling mods alone. To get a V9 to look like a V7 takes ~$2500+ easy, so $6700 on top of a V9B price... so my pricing is a steal really. Adding it up like that makes me want to take it apart.

Thanks a ton Robert, I think so too. So for sure I won't stop the mods for my rentals, but I will stop when it comes to cosmetic upgrades like this one being converted from a V9 to a V7. The whole reason I did it was for the input I had here; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/gt-modded-new-turn-key-v9-7.15501/ - 12 people said they would buy one regardless of price... and no one bought one, and now I can't find even one person that would buy it at a screaming deal. Thanks as always for your input and support.

14. Poppe

Poppe Cruisin' Guzzisti

Unfortunately, I think it's a weird market out there right now too. I have a friend who has V7 listed for 5500 with exhaust, custom seat, knobbies, etc. Hasn't had much of a bite yet after two months. Brother in law has had his Triump Speed tripple for a kiiller deal online for almost 8 months now and barely any bites except the occasional: "I'll give you some best buy gift cards and a high five."

15. GT-Rx®

Sure is. You have fire sale listings all over the net for cheap cheap, but those to your door often come in thousands higher than advertised... I've tried several times with multiple dealers to purchase bikes at the advertised price for an out of State buyer, and they told me “can’t do that.”
    Sprinkle on nearly top $ 2018-19 boutique models (Milano, Rough, etc), and that leaves the V7 market saturated.
    Triumph Triples and Bonnies are in the same boat.
    I'm trying to sell two very special bikes... but I realize most people don't care and are just looking for a deal. Thing is, I don't have to sell for reasons other than to make space for newer models. As Jason says above, I can hold out for someone who sees the value in what I'm offering.
    Thanks for your input.

Poppe likes this.
  16. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Just got it firing!

If we were on the same coast, I would have bought this for your advertised price.

Poppe likes this.
  17. Wisconsin v7 Racer

Wisconsin v7 Racer Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ship it or a coast to coast ride of a lifetime.

Robert Gibson and Poppe like this.