• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

Nice offering.

Looks to be a "rat fur piece" from Bel Air, Md. :D

I have lived in places that looked like that, e.g., Tornillo and Fort Hood, Texas, and KSA, thus explaining why I have no special desire to see beach without surf (or bikinis ;)) again.

Seriously, tried to read that road sign, but could not, so I'll just open the bidding with somewhere south of Laredo and north of Monterrey in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Yes, that's a big goose egg on the map, but I gotta narrow it somehow. Right continent? :think:

Bill

Whoa!

I was in the right continent! ;)

But, I once lived in Tornillo, Texas (which makes Lake Woebegone seem a giant burg!), and it sat along the Rio Grande, but not sure it's near there ... tho the mountains look similar.

How about another hint? :D

Bill

You got the right river and there is a bridge.

You got the right river and there is a bridge.

Okay, maybe a bit too difficult.

The bikes are parked at the Earthship Visitor Center ("x" marks the spot) at #2 Earthship Way, Tres Piedras, NM, 87577 just off highway 64 about 3 miles from the Rio Grande River.

Upload 2016 5 19 21 46 13

I'll look to find another pic..... ;)

Route 80 on Trinity Bay in Newfoundland, A little Northeast is Harbour Grace where there is a tribute to Amelia Earhart.

OK, even if those are both a bit "unfair" :banghead: :D, I'll bite.

D1 near Vienna?

More hints, please.

Even if I am wrong -- as I am sure is the case, given that it was a USWAG -- here's one for you and other demented souls who play this game:

i-37crXfm-L.jpg

Taken last Saturday (with my incomparable pillion :inlove:) near here -- i.e., "Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia" [Hey, it's more hint than Ian's "Europe." Sheesh. :giggle:

OK, here's more. Because of heavy rains lately, the river is (in this pic) way higher and muddier than usual.

Not enough?

OK, this lovely 10-mile road meanders along this watercourse almost the whole way. It starts in the south at a "Spring" and ends at a "Bridge."

Bill

Here's the first one, it was taken from under the bridge, it's the Millau Viaduct on the A75 in France. This doesn't show all of it, it's 2.5Km long! If you google it there are better pics on the web.
P1020898

Here's a clue for the second one, also in France. The road was closed last weekend for an important event.

Here's the first one, it was taken from under the bridge, it's the Millau Viaduct on the A75 in France. This doesn't show all of it, it's 2.5Km long! If you google it there are better pics on the web.
View attachment 10522

Here's a clue for the second one, also in France. The road was closed last weekend for an important event.

Ah, deceived myself by what I thought was a Vienna banner in second pic and assumed -- yes, that word ;) -- both in Osterreich.

So ... thinking you refer to this, http://www.lemans.org/en/, but too many roads there (and that one pretty nondescript) for me to figure it all out.

I do note you did not even try to wing a guess at my offering, despite my clues. :p

Bill

Ah, deceived myself by what I thought was a Vienna banner in second pic and assumed -- yes, that word ;) -- both in Osterreich.

So ... thinking you refer to this, http://www.lemans.org/en/, but too many roads there (and that one pretty nondescript) for me to figure it all out.

I do note you did not even try to wing a guess at my offering, despite my clues. :p

Bill

I try to use famous roads so that it may be possible to work out where it is even if someone has not travelled it. If they have travelled it then it will be instantly recognizable... I hope :nod:.
The road with all the armco barriers is the Mulsanne straight on the Le Mans Circuit de La Sarthe, not far from the point where Steve McQueen parked his Porsche 911 on it in the early scenes of the classic film of the race.

For your's Bill, I've spent a lunch time searching with google and scouring google maps but there's not much to be found on Pott's camp and Braddock's route. I've found Braddock's road SR 620 but there's not a small river running along it and there not much of roads running along rivers in the area, they all cross them. I give up. :cry:

Apologies.

I, too, try to make them “known” or, at least, findable via Google maps, roads. Thought my hints helped enough. Obviously not when a skilled and motivated searcher failed!

Of course, I don’t count such time as wasted, as wandering maps is great fun, especially if it gets me out of real work! ;)

Anyway, here’s that road:

i-CQtkb79-L.png

Here, too, via GM: https://goo.gl/maps/Z6zFePUf8sn

We live in Cross Junction, which appears in the upper right of the selected map. Grand roads abound.

The photo of Kathi and Norge was taken, heading north, at the right-hand bend of that first big “elbow” after Yellow Spring (the “Spring” clue), as we rode toward Capon Bridge (the “Bridge”).

It is a sweet road for ambling, not rocketing.

BTW, while you saw from my location, we live along Braddock’s route to Fort Duquesne, which is way more than SR 620 even in my area.

We fly the King’s Colors every 4th & 5th May when those great soldiers (and a camp follower or two!) slogged their way past what is now our home on the way to their destiny. The cut of that “Braddock’s Road” still exists and is quite visible only feet off the present modern highway by our place.

Those old ruts remind us every day of that brave, magnificent march of the 44th & 48th Regiments of Foot, along with some provincials who made a mark later, e.g., Daniels Boone & Morgan, and, of course, George Washington!

And, if the cages weren’t passing our home so fast, the noticers among the occupants might wonder at the seeming disconnect between our Independence Day bunting and the marker on our fence.

i-2wtRdDr-L.jpg

i-66xRb5t-L.jpg

Best,

Bill

P.S. PM your postal addy and I'll send you a book on Braddock's route as a token of my regret over wasting your time. :)

Last edited:
Hi Bill, it wasn't a waste of time, searching on google is what lunch times are for these days :)

I'm planning a big day out if the weather is good and hopefully, I'll have an interesting picture for you in a few weeks. ;)

Back