• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

Bill Hagan said:
Well, Daniel, I still think Todd should get at least partial credit.
The road spur to the top of Winding Stair Mountain does not, at least in my Google Maps search, have a name. OTOH, the long ridge road that extends from Talimena State Park in Oklahoma to Mena, Arkansas, is SR 1 on the Okla. Side and SR 88 on the Arkansas side. In Oklahoma, SR 1 is called Talimena Scenic Highway and, in Arkansas, SR 88 is -- drum roll, please: Skyline Drive!
Yes, that's me {below]... on Todd's LeMans, but I was too busy screaming in my helmet while trying to keep Todd and Richard Rodriguez in sight ... witness Todd having time to take this pic (and probably smoke a cigarette!) before I came into view. So, a great road -- as were so many out there -- but I don't know where.
Bill, thanks but no, my guess was referring to Skyline in VA, but good to know if money were on the line, I may have made a buck.
wink.png

Actually, I had time to do a valve adjustment. :huh:

The pic posted of you above was on Mesa Grande out of Mt. Palomar/Lake Henshaw... one of my all-time favorites in East San Diego Co.

Last year I spent a few days on the Cherohala pass for/with Victory... a few days in the rain, and one with a TN Titans Cheerleader on back (tough day I tell you);

TE VICT TN XROADSSKEd VicVisGirl

VictGrl10
TE TN VIS BRIDG

Now, here's one for guess;

TE VIS8Ball

AND for Jam's original post... I have no idea!

kiwi dave said:
My guess Bill is Ortega Highway 74. Oops! Posted before I saw Todd's post. Wrong anyway.
Heh, yep, I was going to say I posted on it above, good guess though! We did Ortega en route to the photo snapped above, and then south through DeLuz to Fallbrook (another slice of heaven).

OMG - you guys are hilarious!!!! I had/have no guesses re any of your roads, since I have not had YET had the pleasure of riding in any states other than CA, OR, NEV, and AZ. (PA briefly in my teens but that was mostly joyriding my bro's or my neighbor's moto in our neighborhood...). And haven't ridden many of the best roads in the SoCal area......

Now, Todd, you have NEVER disappointed me before about ANYTHING, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I was sure you would have guessed my road as soon as you saw the post. You sure you don't know????

OK - Prefumo Canyon/See Canyon Rd, out to the coast, west of SLO. (Central Cali coast, for the out-of-staters....) Surely you've ridden it before, Todd? tho it would have been far too tame for you, i agree, so maybe you don't even remember it.....

jamileh said:
OMG - you guys are hilarious!!!!
Now, Todd, you have NEVER disappointed me before about ANYTHING, but I guess there is a first time for everything. I was sure you would have guessed my road as soon as you saw the post. You sure you don't know????
OK - Prefumo Canyon/See Canyon Rd, out to the coast, west of SLO. (Central Cali coast, for the out-of-staters....) Surely you've ridden it before, Todd? tho it would have been far too tame for you, i agree, so maybe you don't even remember it.....
Ah HA! Yes I recognize it now! See Canyon, YEP! I almost forgot about it:

TE1 web

Those are pretty healthy looking mountains in the background. Is it the southern end of the Sierra Nevada? If so, then this would be from the California side and in the morning. If not, then it could be anywhere so far as I can tell...

Daniel Kalal said:
Those are pretty healthy looking mountains in the background. Is it the southern end of the Sierra Nevada? If so, then this would be from the California side and in the morning. If not, then it could be anywhere so far as I can tell...
Good guess, invert yourself along a W->E axis and you've arrived; 39.2822,-119.6275

I am hopeful that this one will be easy. It's the end-point of one of the best roads in the United States, and is like nothing you'll have ever seen anywhere else.

image090.jpg

Dan, my guess is it's either southern Utah or AZ near the Grand Canyon. The landscape hints to that anyway. A little hint?

GT-Rx said:
Dan, my guess is it's either southern Utah or AZ near the Grand Canyon. The landscape hints to that anyway. A little hint?

If I told you I took this photograph with Kodachrome, that would be a great hint (even though I didn't--it was shot with a cardboard disposible camera).

If you search for the top scenic highways in the U.S. you'll find several lists, but this highway will likely always be one of the top 5 (alonng with Highway 1 the Blue Ridge and Going-to-the-Sun)

Sorta reminds me of Icefields Parkway. In 1998 my wife & I rode from Glacier NP first up to Moraine Lake AB, and from there up the Parkway to Jasper, stopping on the way for a short tour of the Columbia glacier. After a night in Jasper we wound our way through BC for a few days on Vancouver Island, then back down the coast to SoCal. 5,500 miles over 3 weeks, always around 250-300 miles/day; it was her first long m/c trip and she loved it.

Wish we'd taken more pics, but it *was* fun.

I'll offer up another one, but then somebody else needs to step in.

That place on the horizon is well beyond a simple motorcycle destination; it's an event. Big. But, I find this road far better simply because it's not there. So what road is this?

photo109.JPG

Daniel Kalal said:
I'll offer up another one, but then somebody else needs to step in. That place on the horizon is well beyond a simple motorcycle destination; it's an event. Big. But, I find this road far better simply because it's not there. So what road is this?
Big as in a Moto event can I assume? If so, it looks like something in South Dakota, yes?

GT-Rx said:
...like something in South Dakota, yes?

Yes; but, we'll need a highway number to declare a winner. We're not too far from the center of all 50 states, but too many people from that place couldn't behave themselves so all signs were removed and fences put up. sigh...

Just wanted to say what a great picture that is of you, Todd, on Prefumo/See Canyon Rd - you, the grass, the Jackal, the spot (now having been there).... way cool.
I'm out of my league on the rest of this thread, but it's fun to look at and read.... Keep it going!!

Back