• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

It is in Canada on a highway that goes into Alaska. My nephew and I were on rented motorcycles on a trip from Anchorage, Alaska to Portland, Oregon when I took the photo. Using a camera without built-in GPS eliminated the opportunity to use hidden photo data to help! There are hidden clues to the highway name in the last sentence of my original message. I don't know what other hints I can give without disclosing the name of the highway.

I stumbled on this thread the other evening and could not put the iPhone down until I finished reading all 23 pages. It is about time for another photo so here is my contribution with a couple hints: Even though it is a gravel road, it is classified as a highway. It follows the top of ridge lines with steep drops on both sides so one must be on top of the situation when riding or driving on this route.View attachment 23855

Hwy 101, California coast, above Samoa Island and Eureka.

Opps, guess not. Sure looks the same though!

Alaska Highway. 😆😆😆

It is not part of what is normally considered the Alaska Highway. Now that you mention it, there are some similarities to that section of the 101 (except 101 is paved). I wish I had some photos showing the road right on a ridge line with drop offs on both sides, but we only stopped where it was safe to pull off.

OK here's a road most of us have traveled (probably).View attachment 24230

I may be one of the few of my generation who never touched the stuff.

OK, I lied. I've actually touched -- quite literally -- tons of it.

As a prosecutor. ;)

Bill

P.S. Pretty fancy rear suspenders for a loop! :clap:

Weed is truly the weakest “beer” of the extracurricular chemical world.

It’s comical and pure hypocrisy, they way they have lied about it. It’s nice how many states have finally come to realize this and passed legislation reform over it.

I’ve seen far worse damage done by vodka, whiskey, and tequila.

Ditto re damage of demon rum; have seen the fiscal, physical, psychological, and familial carnage that can come from it. OTOH, I have a full bar of most varieties, including, of course, grappa. :clap:

Prohibition is rarely the right road.

Still, whatever the merits and not of that discussion, suppose we should not go down that road, at least not here.

Speaking of roads, still no luck in finding Gerry's. I'm in the Moto Grappa trying to clean the mess I've made over the last month or so. Took a break with the map while ago to avoid work. No luck. Back to that later.

Bill

I will give it away by saying it is near the northern most Canada/USA border crossing, but I am still looking for someone to post the name of the highway.

Ditto re damage of demon rum; have seen the fiscal, physical, psychological, and familial carnage that can come from it. OTOH, I have a full bar of most varieties, including, of course, grappa. :clap:

Prohibition is rarely the right road.

Still, whatever the merits and not of that discussion, suppose we should not go down that road, at least not here.

Speaking of roads, still no luck in finding Gerry's. I'm in the Moto Grappa trying to clean the mess I've made over the last month or so. Took a break with the map while ago to avoid work. No luck. Back to that later.

Bill
Agreed.

One of my best motorcycle memories involved a couple of my friends who we rode the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) all the way from Orange, CA to Laguna Seca for the World Superbike races about 27 years ago. We camped in tents in the infield.

We stopped at an adult beverage store in town, where my one friend went to buy a bottle of Wild Turkey. I asked him if he was planning on cleaning his carburetors, as I put it back on the shelf and retrieved a lovely 2 bottles of this golden nectar...my friends had never partook of the joys of Ireland and it was a glorious racing weekend for sure! We had a shine on that you wouldn't believe, all day and night long for the whole weekend.

Bushmills

To tell the truth, I have no issue with either under the right circumstances and with the right sort of people I enjoy being enhanced around!

Hopefully on this years Mutton Run which I do not plan to miss no matter what Brother Hagan!

Last edited:
It is great to see this thread revived. I have been looking for suitable road photos to post here.

Nice work reviving a moribund thread. :clap:

Perhaps this?

SP96 vic. Bari

:)

Bill
Hi, no. The One you mentioned Is the 'Bradano' casa Cantoniera (dunno if this term Is translable in english).
This:
IMG 20231103 135929

This Road Is a former state Road that is quite abandoned since over 20 yrs i think.
The One i posted Is some kilometers before arriving to "Irsina"
I m trying to map all these abandoned infrastructures in my territory with photos that i started tò post on my blog some years ago

Back