• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

Daniel Kalal said:
ok. that was US-85.

This one should be really easy (if you've been there...)

<image snipped>

I have some irresistable impulse to cheat and go to your trip reports and, of course, find 'em, losing along the way an hour in pleasant "traveling."

Actually, by way of mitigation, tho I've not been there, I did guess where the pic was taken from vestigial memories of high school. No, really. Only about two or three contenders, I think, at least in US. 'Course, with you, could be anydarnwhere on the Big Blue marble. :laugh:

OK, tho yours is still the official one 'til some gets it without cheating ... any swags on ths one?

It's easier than it looks. :p

Bill

Attachments

• Soup.jpg
    Soup.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 617
Bill Hagan said:
It's easier than it looks.

Then i'm saying it's Klausenpass (Switzerland) because it looks just like what I saw...
photo209.JPG

Daniel Kalal said:
Bill Hagan said:
It's easier than it looks.

Then i'm saying it's Klausenpass (Switzerland) because it looks just like what I saw...
photo209.JPG

Yours is a beautiful photo Daniel.

No, not Klausenpass nor Golden gate, but both good guesses, as, I suppose, would be so many more pea-soup windshield views.

It was early morning in April on the Blue Ridge Parkway near Spruce Pine, N.C. Chaucer might have said, "Whan that Aprille with his fogge soote." :whistle:

Bill

This is a rather exclusive little thread we've got...
image037.jpg

The dam is the Grand Coulee in Washington. What makes this dam interesting (apart from being really big) and readily identifiable is that the power of the dam is used in off-peak hours to pump water up those enormous tubes you see in the distance to Banks Lake for irrigation. The flow can also be reversed to generate power.

The white centerline paint means this is not in the US. And, now that Pete is back from his trip (that's a hint), there shouldn't be any trouble identifying this one...
photo244.JPG

Thought so. I've competed on that road, in Targa Tasmania. The combination of drizzle, alpine tarmac and diesel residue makes for a heady mix and a wild ride.

Return of service. UK bike, Australian rider, location ?

P9170149

Well, your comments about the road in Tasmania made me nervous just reading them.

As for your name-that-pic, I tried to cheat, but, unlike Daniel, you cloaked the properties, so I was left to real thinking. I hate that.

OK, first guess is that it is bigger than a readbox and is in ... France. I'll do google earth 'til I find the darn thing. :whistle: b

Nice road, tho. "Wish I were there."

Bill

Series4 said:
Half a point for S France. First part of the name is Gorge, second rhymes with a WW1 battle.

Hmmmmmm.

I'm thinking either Gorge de Cians or Gorge de Dalius. Can't think of any WWI battle that rhymes with WWI battle except ... uhm ... possibly, assuming (a big leap) that Dalius might possibly be pronounced to sound like Belleau Wood? Think one sounds the "s," tho.

Caen is (almost) a cognate for Cians, but that was, I thought, a WWII fight, not of the Great War.

What to do, what to do?

Guess, of course.

Gorge de Cians.

OK, that's best I can do. BTW, in looking for the rascal, ran across this site. Very impressive.

http://www.bestbikingroads.com/moto...-cote-d-azur-/gorge-de-cians-to-_1589100.html

Either way, a gorgeous (pun unintended but apt) road. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

Verdun.

i really, REALLY should have done better with this one. Not only have I been on that road, I took nearly the same photograph from the same spot:
photo673.JPG

and, just a bit further to the east:
photo675.JPG

Daniel,
I think I know the road of your beautiful pictures :idea: .
Can I come inbetween you and Bill?
I can give a bit more comment about this region and others that country.
Off course, it's easyer for me... I live a lot closer to that region...
:whistle:

Ad B

Back