• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

In keeping with yesterday's important anniversay, let me offer up this "mystery road" to see if anybody can identify it.

photo371.JPG

Since we've expanded our range, (and we're all now armed with GoogleEarth), let's give this one a shot:
photo275x665.JPG

Hi,
Series4 said:
It's actually Gorge du Verdon near Rougon. Google Maps coordinates 43.794316,6.418226
Aaaah, Series4 was just a bit faster as I... :eek:hmy: So, no "points" for me... :lol:
Yes, Georges du Verdon. A very nice mountain area in the south east of France.
The area is called like the river, the Verdon.
The road "route du Napoleon" is a famous one.
I was there once visiting my sisters on a camping site. I was riding my Harley...
The sound of my Harley was só good... they could hear me coming from 10 mls distance... :mrgreen:
A good sound area for your bike :whistle: .

This year I was in another area in France. It looked a bit like the Verdon.
It was the Tarn (also a river), more in the mid-south of France, about 70 mls north of Montpellier.

Not that high mountains as in the Verdon, but that is nearly the French Alps.
Off course very touristic, we all want to enjoy a nice area.
I made the first two pictures from our driving car :eek: . No panic, my wife is always driving and I take pictures B) .
I'm that tourist who is driven through Europe... ;)

Your last picture, Daniel, is somewhere towards Denmark?
Ad B

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 331
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 331
WITHOUT using the internet or trawling through old ride reports I reckon Iceland's going to be a close bet and it'll be a border or Customs post of some kind. The only land border Denmark has is with Germany and that flag in the distance isn't German. The only other border is with Sweden but that's a water border, not land. The blue and red however could be the Icelandic flag and given that Iceland was, until 1918, part of Denmark that could explain the Danish flag. Or not

It's not Kansas.

On the left the five Nordic flags (Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland(?)) with what appears to be the Danish flag asserting sovereignty (taller mast). Which indicates Danish territory. On the right the Danish flag repeated and what appears to be the flag of the EU and Austria. It has the windswept look of an airport or ferry terminal and the fir trees typical of the Nordics yet it could be the Netherlands. Tifino. I'm stumped.

Hi Daniel,
is it on the German French border near Strassbourg?
Strassbourg is a important city for the European Community (EU).
The bleu flag with the stars in a circle is the European Flag.
Ad B

DanPez said:
...with the pic zoomed in on the flags I did a quick search in Denmark...

Well done...
And, while it may not be Kansas, you can be pretty certain that many Kansans would be right at home (and their great-grand parents likely were literaly at home). This view is not far north from that border crossing:
photo300.JPG

Here's one for you that's been fairly well photographed. You will note that those criss-cross lines on the mountain are the road. Instead of the highway number, we need the name of this mountain pass:
photo164.JPG

Default answer would be the Stelvio with its 41 'lacets' (hairpins). The French call driving a pass like this "lacing the boots"

Series4 said:
Default answer would be the Stelvio with its 41 'lacets' (hairpins). The French call driving a pass like this "lacing the boots"

No; posting the Stelvio in this thread would be much too easy for you guys....
(hint: this one is not in Italy)

Daniel Kalal said:
And, while it may not be Kansas, you can be pretty certain that many Kansans would be right at home (and their great-grand parents likely were literaly at home). This view is not far north from that border crossing:
It may not be Kansas but it sure looks like the Canadian Prairies.
Beauty eh!
Saw images of wind turbines near that area too! Nice..

Daniel Kalal said:
Here's one for you that's been fairly well photographed. You will note that those criss-cross lines on the mountain are the road. Instead of the highway number, we need the name of this mountain pass:
Would love to drive the Stelvio through there. :cool:
Is there a river running through the pass? ....... I see some sort of a overpass (bottom center)

DanPez said:
Is there a river running through the pass? I see some sort of a overpass (bottom center)

Let me zoom in a bit for you. Clearly, the railroad just gave up and blasted straight through the mountain, while the road people gave it their best shot and went over the top.

photo164zoom.JPG

One of the things about being on a motorcycle is that I can pull over to take this photograph even though there wouldn't be enough room to do that with a car. ---barely enough for a bike, as it happens.

Series4 said:
I'll save this one for Dan. It'll save him from doing unnatural things to his LM3

Thanks Peter ;)
But it’s too late.
Taking the LM3 apart was easy now its putting it together ……well. :whistle:

Daniel ....this pic was a doozie.
Soooooo ......... I may have an answer!
I may also have an advantage .... last night I found and was looking at your blog where all the pics are located. :lol:
Man ....their nice !!!!
(All the travelling, places ......FOOD!!!)
Just stopping in a gelateria for granita or order a cappuccino with sambuca, the ambiance, the people.....boy I miss that.

OK back to the picture!
If its not in Italy its in Switzerland.
Did you know that there were over 90 passes in Switzerland? :eek:

I would say the region of Valais
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sour...843&ll=46.554788,8.356304&spn=0,0.058279&z=14

Heh! Heh! .....not bad for an Italian born in America.

DanPez said:
I would say the region of Valais.

flagCantonVS.png

You guys are pretty good with GoogleEarth! Yes; this is none other than Grimsellpass.

I don't know how famous the bridge might be, but the river is very well known. If you've ever ridden across this bridge, you'll know that it's a bad idea to look down. So, what road or bridge is this?
image075.jpg

So Peter what do you say?
I think Daniel switched countries on us ...... bridge structure, pine trees, mountains.

Putting a fast one on us! :lol:
Looks like somewhere in north/western America.

I reckon it's a huge mistake. Some engineering student made a mockup out of matchsticks and said to the builders "now build this". And they did. Out of matchsticks. Best guess is it's from a model railway.

The river looks like it's fed from snowmelt so I'd say somewhere perhaps in Canadia? But then a well-known river to a Kansan could be the Mississippi or the Missouri but they don't look like this in Kansas.

But then it could be Scotland. The Victorians were fond of big bridges.

Peter

Back