• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

D'accord. Vous êtes en piste! The exact point is 44.813019,4.244499 and the sign is visible using Google street view. The photo was taken facing S.

I, too was surprised the Ligne wasn't marked. Even searching for French pages I couldn't find more than a sketch map

Second part of the question was: what nationally significant location is nearby (clue: river)? I had just come from there, about 5km away on a road not the D122

I'll give Daniel the points for the sign, and you the points for Gerbier de Jonc which is the source of the Loire, France's longest river. I stopped there for coffee without realising the significance of the place. For a description of the journey drop into my website www.toobmany.com and look under Tre Mila Miglia, a WIP blog

While we're waiting for more players to arrive, I'll toss this one out.
chama080.jpg

It's the Tallahatchie Bridge and the traffic's stopped because they're looking for Billy Jo McAllister. C'mon, somebody help me out here!

Series4 said:
C'mon, somebody help me out here!

Here're two hints: (the common ground between the two being the hint)

1) STELLA!!!
2) "Yeah, I'm, I'm hip about time. But I just gotta go."

Daniel Kalal said:
Series4 said:
lower 48? Whit-log are O'regon based. Washington State? Leaves only another 47 to go
Got to be California, then.

California you say ....
If Whit-log is Oregon based this means the truck's going home (upper California) right?
By process of elimination ..... gotta be ON or NEAR hwy 101, 199, 96, or 3, interstate 5, hwy 89, 97, 139, 299 or 395.
Did I hit one? :lol:

Daniel Kalal said:
1)Stella!!
2)"Yeah, I'm, I'm hip about time. But I just gotta go."
Film ....A Streetcar Named Desire?
Film .... Easy Rider?

DanPez said:
If Whit-log is Oregon based this means..

Whit-log just makes trailers; they don't care about lumber...

DanPez said:
hwy 101, 199, 96, or 3, interstate 5, hwy 89, 97, 139, 299 or 395

Yeah; those are all great motorcycle roads (excepting I-5 of course)

I wiki'd
Film ....A Streetcar Named Desire.
Brought me to Stella Kowalski first info:
The play begins when Blanche comes to visit Stella and Stanley in New Orleans.

Film .... Easy Rider.
Easy Rider is a 1969 film about two counterculture bikers who travel from Los Angeles to New Orleans in search of America.

The common for both is New Orleans?

I wiki'd New Orleans ..... there is no New Orleans California but there is:
Originally known as New Orleans Bar, it was renamed Orleans Bar in 1855, when it became the county seat of the now-defunct Klamath County, California.

Hwy 96 ..... one bridge crosses that hwy.
http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=...=iItsONnuj_gma5d5Vj3aNw&cbp=12,83.92,,0,13.04 :woohoo:

DanPez said:
The common for both is New Orleans?

Well done. I guess I could have also used a France reference for the hint, but I do like that ever-so-sixties Easy Rider quote.

I've ridden the length of each of the numbered highways of northern California. It's hard to pick the best, but 96 is a river road for much of its length, and those sorts of roads with their long sweeping turns as they follow the river through the valleys are just so perfect for what a Guzzi is best at. CA-96 is a great road.

Here's one from my neck of the woods.

edit:
:whistle: :whistle:
OK a hint ...... the bridge is located near Expo 67

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 343
Series4 said:
Is it the world's longest cantilever bridge?

Your getting pretty close!!
It's in the top 20 thats for sure.

Another hint:
On the right bottom side of the pic there is an amusement park ..... "La Ronde"

OK, this next one from me should be quite a simple exercise in logic.

These pics were taken from astride the LM3 fifteen seconds apart
After the LH curve ahead the road turns right
From this point to the photo taken at the Ligne de Partage (you've scored that one already) eighteen minutes elapsed
I was riding briskly but not fast, fast (too much to see!)
Included in that time was an espresso at the Gerbier de Jonc (also scored)
Another photographer has posted an almost identical picture of the sucs

Attachments

• P9150099.JPG
    P9150099.JPG
    668.2 KB · Views: 304
  • P9150100.JPG
    P9150100.JPG
    629 KB · Views: 304
Back