• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

guess this road......

jamileh

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
prefumocanyonride029.jpg

prefumocanyonride031.jpg

prefumocanyonride048.jpg

What a beautiful area. Unfortunately, I don't have too many photographs of the roads around San Louis Obispo and Morro Bay. It's a great place to ride.

not far away; here's what Santa Margarita looked like in 1994:
chama053.jpg

and, here's my old Eldo on the beach near Morro Bay way back in 1984:
image003.jpg

What a great game!

FWIW, I can't see jamileh's pix, but can Daniel's. That'll be my excuse for not guessing. :silly:

But I do like the idea. Ought to be a sticky.

So, anyone think they know where these are taken?

All in southeast/midatlantic US.

Doubt if anyone can even correctly guess the state in the first; the second is too easy, tho a bad day to have been there; the third, up for grabs.

Let's see who can come closest.

Great idea, jamileh.

Bill

Ballabio7 IMG 0521 Va SR 42 Oct 08

Man, Bill. Do clouds and rain have a regional look? I'm goinng with Tennessee for the first (near Mt. Pisgah). But, that's just a guess.

Daniel Kalal said:
Man, Bill. Do clouds and rain have a regional look? I'm goinng with Tennessee for the first (near Mt. Pisgah). But, that's just a guess.

You know, Daniel, you are right about the "regional look." 'Course, with all your NZ and northern Italy time, you are likely an expert in the "clouds and rain" business all over the world. :lol:

Actually, too, #'s 1 & 3 were a bit clueless (as was I), and I'll look for more with some built-in help other than obviously Planet Earth. :blink:

As for # 1 and your guess ... no, not Tennessee ... but not bad.

Actually, at an overlook on the eastbound ascent of Fort Mountain, on Georgia SR 52/2 near Chatsworth, en route to Ellijay, and just below Fort Mountain State Park. View is generally southeast.

Bill

Ballabio7

not trying to cheat, but hovering the mouse over that last one gives: Virginia State Route 42...

Let me offer up a road that I'd bet plenty of us have been on:
image027.jpg

mohawkeye said:
Bill, #2 looks just like TWO in Suches, GA.

-Mike

Bingo; well done.

That shot was taken at end of the 2009 Georgia Guzzi Campout, run by Wayne Orwig, and based out of T.W.O. at Suches. The shot was of Pat Cowan screwing up his courage to get on the road back to Tennessee.

Here are more pix of that sodden event if you care: http://preview.tinyurl.com/mmmpgk

Daniel Kalal said:
not trying to cheat, but hovering the mouse over that last one gives: Virginia State Route 42...

image027.jpg

That's not cheating, but clever. That's what I get for not checking on what "properties" and other hidden info revealed! :silly: That shot was taken northbound on that gorgeous road, SR 42, between Bland and New Castle.

As for your road, darn it, not a clue. Don't think I've been there. If I have, shame on me for not remembering!

Bill

Daniel Kalal said:

image027.jpg

Ha!!!

Two can play that game, Daniel!

Beartooth Pass. Looking towards the Absaroka Range (Yellowstone).

Never been there, but I've been here: dankalal.net/

Do we need some sort of Geneva Convention for this game so that we don't "cheat" as we both did? :laugh:

Bill

Bill Hagan said:
Daniel Kalal said:
not trying to cheat, but hovering the mouse over that last one gives:
Do we need some sort of Geneva Convention for this game so that we don't "cheat" as we both did? :laugh:
Bill

well done!
But, I think more than that; we need players...
...and pretty soon our forum owner is going to yank this thread into its "proper" place (and then we'll never find it again)

I've already "stickied" this topic, and can move it to the main section, not a problem.

Bill, I'll wager that is not anywhere in the U.S., so my guess is the Alps on a rented Breva from Ago. What do I win?

GT-Rx said:
I've already "stickied" this topic, and can move it to the main section, not a problem.

Bill, I'll wager that is not anywhere in the U.S., so my guess is the Alps on a rented Breva from Ago. What do I win?

Thanks re stickie, Todd.

Rats re guess. Will work on your prize. :p

Yes, on a Breva rented from Alis. What a fine time. That particular pic taken above Campodolcino as we ascended SS36 en route to the Splügenpass (Passo dello Spluga).

As I owned a ballabio at the time, here's one of my favorites from same trip ... tho you may see why I did not use it for a geography quiz! ;)

Bill

In Ballabio

you show me your Splüga and I'll show you my Splüga:
photo106.JPG

Let's try this one. Lots of people have been on it--it's a motorcycle destination road:
photo24.JPG

Dan, the last one either Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive?

GT-Rx said:
Daniel Kalal said:
GT-Rx said:
Dan, the last one either Blue Ridge Parkway or Skyline Drive?
Similar in some ways; but, no.
Cherohala Skyway? If not, I'm out.

Daniel, I think you have wronged Todd.

One of his answers, above, was correct. Tho, he probably meant another one, he got the name right, as least that shows as such on Google Maps this a.m. :p

Yes, I cheated again, as my best, unaided by intel (and Intel! ;) ), guess was the wonderful Cherohala.

I'll have to try that road sometime myself. Any road built for the sake of building it is worthy of leaning on.

Bill

Blue Ridge Parkway? Appalacians
Skyline Drive? Virginia
Cherohala Skyway? Tennessee

The Answer?
Winding Stair Mountain in Oklahoma

Daniel Kalal said:
Blue Ridge Parkway? Appalacians
Skyline Drive? Virginia
Cherohala Skyway? Tennessee

The Answer?
Winding Stair Mountain in Oklahoma

Well, Daniel, I still think Todd should get at least partial credit.

The road spur to the top of Winding Stair Mountain does not, at least in my Google Maps search, have a name. OTOH, the long ridge road that extends from Talimena State Park in Oklahoma to Mena, Arkansas, is SR 1 on the Okla. Side and SR 88 on the Arkansas side. In Oklahoma, SR 1 is called Talimena Scenic Highway and, in Arkansas, SR 88 is -- drum roll, please: Skyline Drive!

Anyway, as you have now divulged the photo's locale, and to dispel any notion that I only ride east of The River, how about you and others telling me where this was taken ... because I don't know!

Yes, that's me ... on Todd's LeMans, but I was too busy screaming in my helmet while trying to keep Todd and Richard Rodriguez in sight ... witness Todd having time to take this pic (and probably smoke a cigarette!) before I came into view.

So, a great road -- as were so many out there -- but I don't know where.

Bill

Where3

Back