• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi 1100 Custom build

I thought I would update... I have been putting a fair few miles on the Guzzi... It runs really well and pulls like a train! the ride is a little hard and I may well change the rear shocks though...

However, not everything on a build like this goes to plan… I have been doing a fair few long and fast runs and after one very spirited run I noticed oil coming out the breather… looks like the one I made didn’t work. I set about a completer re-design, and made one out of alloy sheet. Here is the result. I have given it a good thrashing and all is now well!

breather-2.jpg

Here is the finished Guzzi.

I did spend some time tweaking the ignition, but I have to say that it was pretty close with the advance curve it came with it from Ignitech. It took a couple of days to sort the jetting out on the carbs, but what’s nice is they are easy to get at to change jets, and these carbs came with the slow air screws as opposed to slow air jets which makes life easier. I have a quiet road where I go, rather than annoy the neighbours where I can ride up and down, do plug chops and adjustments.

To help others if they do simmilar, The jetting I ended up with is as follows:-

#155 main jet, #50 pilot jet, ELS needle (4th groove from the top) I started with an ELT needle but had a slight fluff at 1/8 throttle so changed to ELS and it cured it.

here's to a warm dry summer!

web-final-3.jpg

web-final-1.jpg

web-final-2.jpg

They say a custom build is never really finished… that’s a true statement! while the four cable throttle worked really well… it was just a little too slow for my liking, taking just more than a fist full from closed to open. Also, after buying a clutch cable from Venhill for the Guzzi and being impressed with how much lighter it made the clutch, I decided to buy some of their teflon lined conduit, and some of their flexible wire rope as opposed to cable. That has made a significant difference to the feel of the throttle, especially as I extended the liner into the adjusters and throttle housing. I also incorporated a positive stop for fully open on the throttle, save straining the cables. I always enjoy silver soldering and watching the solder flow into the gaps to make a seamless joint! I did have to buy some more sticks of solder as I was getting low… £10 a stick now! it used to be £1 last time I bought some!

53095816875_a6c13d1085_c.jpg

53095910468_b57e532018_c.jpg

53095597124_0547f77c02_c.jpg

I have been doing quite a few miles before I put the bike away for the winter and getting used to it. One thing that annoyed me was the feel of the front brake… It was quite soft and somehow just lacked the feel I have with the Ducati’s. I looked on Ebay and thought I would give one of these radial master cylinders a go. They are quite neat in that the adjuster alters the pivot point of the lever so you can adjust the lever ratio! much better feel now!

53191375490_30103bac8a_c.jpg

Back