• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi dealer/service in Atlantic Canada?

Luma46

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Hi guys
I am new to this forum and as of now I am kind of an "intruder" here, riding 2006 1200GS. Now the reason I ended up on this forum is that this is going to change, as I am actively shopping for a new 2012 Stelvio NTX. It is turning out to be quite a challenge as my closest dealer Blackfoot Motosports in Calgary is sold out or rather pre-sold out for the season, but there is couple more possibilities in the making... In any case, at my location, I will not be closer to a Guzzi dealer then some 250 kms.
That wouldn't be too bad, I do all my maintenance and small fixes myself anyway, but with a new bike I never laid my hands on, one never knows. Unfortunately things will get worse next year, as we plan to move for our retirement to Moncton, NB and I just do not see any Guzzi dealers in Atlantic Canada?
Are there any Guzzi owners from NB, and what do you guys do if things go wrong with your bikes and you do need a professional assistance?

BTW, what is a consensus among Canadian Guzzista about the Stelvio NTX? I have done a lots of reading about this bike, I like generally what I read, I like all the features and the way the bike looks. But I still have some doubts if parting with my 60 k kms 12GS is a vise move.

Thanks for any feedback...

There is CorsaMechanica in The Big Smoke and GuzziSudbury in Ontario.

There is also Gearhead in Ottawa. I, personally, wont deal with these guys even though they are located only 30km from my home. YMMV.

Consider, also, importing one from the US. It's not a difficult thing to do, but it can be a PITA. There is a good dealer, Seacoast, in Derry NH.

Go over to wildgoosechase and ask there. There are lots of Guzzitsi there that can help.

Just remember to bring your Red Suspenders and Corn Cob Pipe.

Cheers!

G

Another Ontario dealer that seems to have a good selection of Guzzis is Two Wheel Motorsport in Guelph.

http://www.twowheelmotorsport.com/index.htm#

I have a 2009 Stelvio, but if I was in the market right now, the NTX is the way I would go. It comes equipped right out of the box with pretty well everything I have added after buying mine.

Bruce

geoff in almonte said:

There is also Gearhead in Ottawa. I, personally, wont deal with these guys even though they are located only 30km from my home. YMMV.

Consider, also, importing one from the US. It's not a difficult thing to do, but it can be a PITA. There is a good dealer, Seacoast, in Derry NH.

Go over to wildgoosechase and ask there. There are lots of Guzzitsi there that can help.

Cheers!
G

I imported my Norge from the US. It wasn't really that bad, the hardest problem was I had to stripe the gas tank in the Canadian Tire parking lot and at the border so they could see the VIN.

Seacoast? Haven't heard of this place, but its time for a day trip.

afd...

afulldeck said:
geoff in almonte said:

Cheers!
G

I imported my Norge from the US. It wasn't really that bad, the hardest problem was I had to stripe the gas tank in the Canadian Tire parking lot and at the border so they could see the VIN.

Seacoast? Haven't heard of this place, but its time for a day trip.

afd...

I imported my '04 EV from the US (Maine to Ont). The only real issue that I had was the Border Guard transcribed the VIN incorrectly and it took several emails with MOT to straighten it out.

Seacoast was the shop where the PO bought the bike. They did the cam recall before he took delivery and were very helpful to me in getting all the required import documentation from Piaggio.

Gearhead refused to honour the Triple Tree recall, even when presented with the formal recall notice from Piaggio. That's one of the reasons I wont do business with them.

On a more intriguing note, I heard a radio ad the other day for PowerSports where Moto Guzzi was listed as one of the brands sold and serviced. That would be the shop on Hunt Club Rd. They are one of the bike shops owned by The Butler Group in Ottawa. I dont know if that means that Gearhead has lost their Guzzi dealership or what. They already lost the Victory dealership so it wouldn't surprise me.

I'll go check it out wen the weather warms a bit.

G

Unfortunately Gearhead still holds the Piaggio dealership here in Ottawa. I was at the Powersports shop last Thursday and they had a 2004 or 2006 1100 Breva in excellent shape but it was sold. They now also have a Yamaha dealership, so they pawn Honda and Yamaha sbikes now. Never done business with them, but they are trying to give the Goodtime Centre a run for nicest bike shop in town!

I stopped by Gearhead to price out a couple of parts. They had a few Hyosung bikes, a used, low mileage 2009 Stelvio another Guzzi, a sold 10-yr old BMW and not much else. It looked like it was one week from going out of business. Probably the best thing that could happen to the brand here in Ottawa. I was told the parts guy was away for the day so I'd have to wait until he got back the next day for my quote. I was surprised the owner couldn't use the system to give me a quote but I thought whatever - I had already placed my order with Moto International in Seattle and was just comparing US and Cdn prices. I never did get a call back from Gearhead.

Fcuk 'em.

Coldcanuck

Yes its very unfortunate they still have the guzzi right here in ottawa. Since they screwed with me, I have never been back. But there is a glimmer of hope with PowerSports....

colinjca said:
Does anyone know if Vespa Halifax will service Guzzis?

I have asked - they don't. Looks like not a single Guzzi dealer in Atlantic Canada.
Would anyone know what is the best online source of Guzzi parts (hopefully I will not need any)?

Luma46 said:
colinjca said:
Does anyone know if Vespa Halifax will service Guzzis?

I have asked - they don't. Looks like not a single Guzzi dealer in Atlantic Canada.
Would anyone know what is the best online source of Guzzi parts (hopefully I will not need any)?

Moto International in Seattle is your best choice and you will find their service above standard. I have used them reliably for several years with complete satisfaction and delivery to Fort McMurray. You also have the choice of MPH out of Texas, Harpers in Missouri and MG in Wisconsin. I have bought product from all and was satisfied which each.
I will find a huge cost advantage to saving $ using cross border shopping compared to Canada as well as the expertise you receive from these establishment. I support my Canadian dealer for bike sale, but draw the line on product knowledge to these vendors south of the border.

+1 on all the parts sources listed......MI, Harpers, MPH and MGCycle are all repuatable.

I have also had good service from MotoMecca in the UK.

If you are looking for 70/80's parts try Loudbikes in Ottawa.

Take care when ordering internationally that the supplier will ship via USPS. If they use UPS or Fedex you will get dinged an expiditing fee for using their customs brokerage. USPS and Canada Post use Purolater for international shipping. They do not charge this extra fee and will ship to a post office box.

Cheers!

G

geoff in almonte said:
+1 on all the parts sources listed......MI, Harpers, MPH and MGCycle are all repuatable.

I have also had good service from MotoMecca in the UK.

If you are looking for 70/80's parts try Loudbikes in Ottawa.

Take care when ordering internationally that the supplier will ship via USPS. If they use UPS or Fedex you will get dinged an expiditing fee for using their customs brokerage. USPS and Canada Post use Purolater for international shipping. They do not charge this extra fee and will ship to a post office box.

Cheers!

G
Both Moto International and Harpers will ship United States Postal Service. Stay away from the UPS Fed Ex fees

Back