RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we are in the crazy times for orders. Lead times are long, so we can't do much to rush things. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (mainly August), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and also, we aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.
  2. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum; Be sure to try a search and/or post on the Forum before starting a new topic, and as a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GT products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our custom builds at GTMotoCycles.com or click the Service tab above.

Guzzi discontinuing the big blocks?

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by lucydad, May 18, 2019.

1. lucydad

lucydad Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

All,

I heard Guzzi is discontinuing the big block engines and bikes. Reason is Euro 4 and 5 compliance.

Is this true? If so, sad to hear as I rode a Cali when it was first released and was very impressed.

If the big blocks are going away, will there be a replacement? Or is the V85 engine going to be the default?

thanks,

2. jbhotchkiss

jbhotchkiss Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

Looking forward to the answers you receive...

3. ssmith996

ssmith996 Tuned and Synch'ed

I hope this is not true. My California is perfect for riding 2 up. I might need to buy a spare..

4. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

Better hurry, it'll be history soon, just like the 11-1200 2V motors.

5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Word is that they might squeeze through Euro 5 that takes effect Jan 1 2020, but sales have been so abysmal, that they may pull the plug and sell as carryover models until stock is depleted. I was lucky enough to see a concept they might show at the GMG in 2021, that had water-cooling and more than two cylinders, but still in a 90-degree V. Beyond that (fun concept only), the revamped V85 motor is lined up to be the new base mill.

6. Mondo Endo

Mondo Endo Just got it firing!

Was told by the dealer at V85 demo ride yesterday that the 1400"s were also on the list of discontinued with the 1200's. Also heard this from another dealer when I bought my Griso in Feb.

7. roadventure

roadventure High Miler GT Famiglia

Where are you all finding these Moto Guzzi dealers to talk to? ;-)

PaulDavies likes this.
  8. PaulDavies

PaulDavies Cruisin' Guzzisti

V4 - now that would be nice.

9. ssmith996

They'd better not make me buy a Harley.... :sick:

10. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti

Ducati V4 re-tuned in a Guzzi touring frame. :cool:

11. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Surely it's more likely to be an Aprilia V4 since they're part of the family. Regards, I won't be buying one.

12. Didier

Didier Tuned and Synch'ed

I don't think so Aprilia's v4 is a transverse engine whith a chain drive and Guzzi like BMW is a longitudinal engine. I think they will remain with a drive shaft.

13. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

The motor would have to be mounted to suit the gearbox, i.e. 90° to where it is currently sitting in an Aprilia frame.

I'm not saying this would slip straight in, but there's no way Aprilia would use the Beemer engine. They used to supply engines to BMW, but never the other way around.

However, it's all hypothetical, and I ain't interested in a four cylinder motorcycle.

Adam Davis likes this.
  14. Adam Davis

Adam Davis Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

That all being said, what does it mean for 1200 replacement parts- access and pricing ect?

Now that I have a cycle that I truly enjoy and am marveled by. Almost every ride it seems the reliability, power, and comfort are a awesome reality for me. Just growing quite fond of the machine I chose. Bummer to hear that bout the big Vs.

Just today I was at a stop light and a passenger in a car next to me was asking "what's it like"? "Is it fast?" "Is it all factory?" Just damn near jumped out to take a closer look and had more questions beyond the progression of the stoplight. He had the look on his face and enthusiasm of a rider. Not a Harley dude but BMW or Ducati no doubt. It's just really cool seeing that attention these machines get often.

Great builds in all kinds of ways, on platforms that are proven, set in stone and timeless....

Mayakovski likes this.
  15. Quattroa4m

Quattroa4m Tuned and Synch'ed GT Site Contributor!

It would be a pretty sad affair if MG abandons the big block. But without MG committing to a long term plan (Euro 5, marketing, tweaking, adjusting, etc.), it was bound to happen.

If it wasn’t for Todd’s efforts, no one would know anything about the big block bikes.

Apparently the motorcycle wholesale world got the message a while back...big block values are seriously in the tank.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  16. GT-Rx®

Legally they have to hold stock for 10 years, but then things tend to be on eternal back order now as is. Stick with me on this site here, and I think we'll be able to keep you running as long as this site is alive... almost 20 years and counting so far. Hoping for another 20.

17. GT-Rx®

I agree, but it does look to be this way unless they surprise us in 2021 with the V4, but that's not a "big block" as we know it.
    I will be doing my best to keep the big blocks alive as best I can in finding those that will step up to help me keep them going. When the need dies, so will the parts flow outside of my GTM builds. I will be recycling them as often as I have customers or my GTM bank account allows.

ssmith996 and Quattroa4m like this.
  18. ssmith996

Thanks again for providing this Guzzi owners’ Support Group. It’s a process...

GT-Rx® likes this.
  19. Didier

Didier Tuned and Synch'ed

Yes this forum is awesome.

Mayakovski likes this.
  20. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

Perhaps with the future engine based on the V85 Aprilia design, we will witness a return to a 1100cc California, updated and Euro-compliant...