RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Guzzi Helmets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mitch Clyman, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:16 AM.

Tags:
  1. Mitch Clyman

Mitch Clyman Tuned and Synch'ed

Any of you guys ever buy a Guzzi helmet? Was wondering about sizing.
    I wear both Shoei and AGV helmets.
    Pretty cool retro helmets they have...

Thnx
    Mitchell Scot

2. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sorry, no idea. I am very picky about helmets, and buy helmets based on how they fit my head and how they will protect head. I can always add a sticker, or even a paint job, to make the helmet look the way I want it. But how it fits and how it protects are pretty static.
    I always where full face helmets, the closest I would go to an open face helmet is one of those modulars that allows the front section to flip up.
    So, my response is probably useless. Sorry.

Mayakovski likes this.
  3. Zebraranger

Zebraranger Tuned and Synch'ed

Didn't know Guzzi made or sold helmets.

4. Mitch Clyman

The helmets are actually beautiful and match whatever bike you have.

5. Mitch Clyman

Yup I’ve got a full face SHOEI. But I love the retro look ... I’ll be back in Italy in Feb. I’ll try one on and let u know!!!

6. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Site Contributor!

I would be interested in knowing who makes them for Guzzi.

7. GuzziMoto

Yeah, because the reality is Guzzi doesn't make the helmets. So who does, and how good a helmet maker are they. Ducati was doing a similar thing a while back, they may still do it. It was around the same time as the Sport Classic series of bikes. As I recall they were having the helmets made by a top brand,

8. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I have a Ducati modular helmet. It's a Schuberth C3. BMW helmets are also made by Schuberth.

9. Mitch Clyman

B5ADFDDF-509B-49DD-B78F-69F2434B1E43.png 1590D7FD-0F04-4B04-9AC2-C7F32BD8164D.png
    As far as I know they are listed as Made in Italy... who the actual supplier is no idea

Mayakovski likes this.
  10. GuzziMoto

Nolan is the Italian helmet brand that first comes to mind. I have a few of them and while they don't fit my head as well as some Arai helmets do I find them to be a good quality helmet.

11. V700Steve

V700Steve Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

They are rebadged Vespa helmets, same stuff different paint.

12. Zebraranger

Zebraranger Tuned and Synch'ed

Even thou I own an open face helmet, and they are very comfortable, I'm not into 3/4 helmets, I like my face too much... With urban traffic the way it is where I live, and one of the highest motorcycle fatality rates in the US, I prefer to go with a full face helmet.
    jvc.adixxion.jpg

Mayakovski likes this.
  13. Raven

And who makes Vespa helmets?

Mayakovski likes this.
  14. Raven