RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.
  2. Ciao Guest, ALERT FOR Store purchases - riding season is here, so we know everyone wants it yesterday. However, lead times are long and many things are sold out or back-ordered, and there isn't much we can do to rush anything. Always best to buy off Season when things are in stock. Also, there are many seasonal holidays this time of year, both here and in Europe (particularly the Italian August Holiday month), so please be patient! We aren't Amazon. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. Please note GuzziTech and the GTM Store is largely a ONE man operation. Requests for phone calls will be deleted. We are online only. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE OR JUST disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Guzzi Helmets

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mitch Clyman, Dec 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mitch Clyman

Mitch Clyman Tuned and Synch'ed

Any of you guys ever buy a Guzzi helmet? Was wondering about sizing.
    I wear both Shoei and AGV helmets.
    Pretty cool retro helmets they have...

Thnx
    Mitchell Scot

2. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sorry, no idea. I am very picky about helmets, and buy helmets based on how they fit my head and how they will protect head. I can always add a sticker, or even a paint job, to make the helmet look the way I want it. But how it fits and how it protects are pretty static.
    I always where full face helmets, the closest I would go to an open face helmet is one of those modulars that allows the front section to flip up.
    So, my response is probably useless. Sorry.

Mayakovski likes this.
  3. Zebraranger

Zebraranger Tuned and Synch'ed

Didn't know Guzzi made or sold helmets.

4. Mitch Clyman

The helmets are actually beautiful and match whatever bike you have.

5. Mitch Clyman

Yup I’ve got a full face SHOEI. But I love the retro look ... I’ll be back in Italy in Feb. I’ll try one on and let u know!!!

6. Mayakovski

Mayakovski Cruisin' Guzzisti

I would be interested in knowing who makes them for Guzzi.

7. GuzziMoto

Yeah, because the reality is Guzzi doesn't make the helmets. So who does, and how good a helmet maker are they. Ducati was doing a similar thing a while back, they may still do it. It was around the same time as the Sport Classic series of bikes. As I recall they were having the helmets made by a top brand,

8. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I have a Ducati modular helmet. It's a Schuberth C3. BMW helmets are also made by Schuberth.

9. Mitch Clyman

B5ADFDDF-509B-49DD-B78F-69F2434B1E43.png 1590D7FD-0F04-4B04-9AC2-C7F32BD8164D.png
    As far as I know they are listed as Made in Italy... who the actual supplier is no idea

Mayakovski likes this.
  10. GuzziMoto

Nolan is the Italian helmet brand that first comes to mind. I have a few of them and while they don't fit my head as well as some Arai helmets do I find them to be a good quality helmet.

11. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT Contributor

They are rebadged Vespa helmets, same stuff different paint.

12. Zebraranger

Zebraranger Tuned and Synch'ed

Even thou I own an open face helmet, and they are very comfortable, I'm not into 3/4 helmets, I like my face too much... With urban traffic the way it is where I live, and one of the highest motorcycle fatality rates in the US, I prefer to go with a full face helmet.
    jvc.adixxion.jpg

Mayakovski likes this.
  13. Raven

And who makes Vespa helmets?

Mayakovski likes this.
  14. Raven

15. MikeT68

MikeT68 Just got it firing!

16. Mitch Clyman

When I originally posted this I was hoping someone actually tried one on. I have never bought a helmet before without putting on my head first...

17. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

My first Guzzi modular helmet was the rebranded Suomy Aria II.
    Very nice quality, but it had the old two-hand opening system (nowadays you can open the helmets on-the-fly with just one hand).

18. janusz

janusz Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

I have a couple of MG helmets which I bought about 2 years ago. First I bought this one and I have to admit it was shot in the dark. The size of the helmet is one thing but shape of your head is as important as the size if not more
    MG1.png
    The fit was perfect, I measure my head and it was anything between 59 - 60 cm which converts to Large. Shortly after I ordered second one and with the same success:
    MG2.png

The quality is very good but I have no idea who produce those helmets for MG. I have 6 helmets, couple Vespa ones, Mono Design, Davida, and two AGV ones, including full face. In my opinion the best in my collection is by far the Davida helmet, great fit and workmanship. Both AGV helmets are great but at high speed they have tendency to affect the movement of the head due to aerodynamics. I tried Schubert M1 Gravity helmet with communication add-in but my head shape didn't like the fit, sold it week later with huge lost. My advice is to go to the store where you can try one and keep it on you head for at least 35 minutes and if you don't develop any hot-spots you have a winner. Buying on-line is probably not the best way but in my case the Davida helmet which I bought on-line is in my books the best I have and I'm very glad I did it.

19. tomasland

tomasland Just got it firing!

Hi everyone. Are they really good helmets for that price or it is better to buy something else?

20. motoguzziman

motoguzziman Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I got hit by a drunk driver, running a red light back in 87 !
    Going by the gouge marks, in the fibreglass of my Full Face.
    If I had been wearing one of those retro beanie things, I wouldn't have had a Face !
    Unfortunately, Since photobucket decided to hold us to ransome, I lost the photos.
    So, no point in posting a link to the article!
    But I was in Hospital for over 5 months as I got rebuilt !
    No way, would I ever considder anything, other than a Full Face Helmet !

Bill Hagan and Mayakovski like this.