• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi MonoCylindrico Registry & Pic Thread

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
One own? Post below and we'll get it started. Doesn't matter which model.

Airone:

1945 - @Jasks the Lad - Oxfordshire, UK - D.O.P. ? - Pic belo
1947 - Sport M91166 M19808 - Tim Smith
1948 - Sport M82553 - Owner?
1949 Sport M80248 14930 - Kevin Hahn
1949 Sport M81756 15700 - Mike Peavey
1949 Sport M83246 16412 - Owner?
1949 Turismo M95181 24945 - Owner?
1950 Sport M85905 17680 - Owner?
1950 Turismo M85864 17772 - Jim Gilbert - Madison, MS
1950 Sport M86206 17841 - Peter Voorhees - Middlebury, Vermont
1950 Sport M95642 22179
1950 Turismo M96411 M22421
1951 Sport M95040 21819
1951 M95695 22161
1952 M81217 15455 - Drew Swanson - Used to belong to the Barber Museum. Albatross tank and dual seat
1952 Sport 101322 24674
1952 Sport M106114 M2565
1952 M106605 CHS 09 - Douglas Wade, N.C., USA - Imported by Blue Moon Cycles, Decatur, GA circa 2013.
1954 Sport MAE67 MAE72 - Kristian Steenstrup - Restored in St Louis, MO, Imported to Australia 2018
1954 Turismo M84247
1954 Sport MAD 40 MAD 37 - Mike Peavey
1954 Sport MAU51 MAU26 - Roger Slater, Malvern, UK - Date of manufacture confirmed by Moto Guzzi Club GB
1954 Turismo MDH 19 MDH 66 - Mike Peavey
1954 Sport MCM 25 102053
1955 Sport MBP 29 MBP 74
1956 MCI 29 MCI 36 - Richard Jakobek - It was allegedly raced at the last Milan Taranto race.
1956 Sport MCN 40 MCN 94
1957 Sport MDR08 MDR14 - Luc Racine - Ireland for ~10 years - Imported from Italy.
19XX Turismo MCC 27 MDC 03

Astore

1953 Astore V87214 27220 - Bill Doll - San Diego, CA - Restored in Europe and brought over in the container that fell over with some expensive Guzzi race bikes in it in the early 2000's. Bought at auction by William Schutter in Oklahoma who repaired the tank. Bought it at Mid Ohio in 2004.

Falcone:

1952 ENG#F93568 - Graeme Studdert - Newcastle Australia - D.O.P. 2012 (see notes below)
1953 FAE29 - Tom McBride - Long Beach, CA - D.O.P. 10.15 - Pic below

Nuovo Falcone:

1972 VIN#NF*22FG* and DGM 63570M - banquo - Scotland - D.O.P. ? - Pic below

GTV:

1939 GTS 47261 10436 - Spencer Graves - Acquired in Eritrea 1968. Imported 1970.
1948 V 78716 24828 - Kevin Hahn 1948 F110163 25258 - Jim Friedlander

Stornello:

1965 - June N 35 LH N 35 LH - Don West - Dated by factory 1967 Scrambler 29hg-igm2278om - Glen Allen purchased from original owner
1974 ST 007871 SS 12329 - Thor Henrik Jensen - Original condition
VIN#1GM2278OM - 125 Scrambler - @4runr30 - Johnson City, TN - O.O. ? - Pics HERE

Last edited:
i-N2H5QDm-XL.jpg
HI ALL!
Tom McBride
Long Beach, Ca.
1953 Falcone Astore?
(Need help identifying what I actually have, any assistance is appreciated)
FAE29
DOP-Oct2015

Last edited:
HI ALL! Tom McBride here Long Beach, Ca. 1953 Falcone
Hi Tom, thanks for checking in and posting the pic! I added you to the first post, but be sure to post the rest of the info if you would.
Best to you for the new year!

Hi Todd,
I live in Newcastle Australia and I have a 1952 Falcone Sport. The bike was imported into Australia in 1960 to a Mr. Hall in Adelaide. He was an aircraft engineer and he repaired and replaced a lot of bits and pieces as they failed and did a very good job of any repaired he completed. He rode the bike until 1968 when he got ill and put the bike in the back of the garage. Later that year he passed away and the family basically locked the garage and it was not opened until 2010. In 2012 I found the bike in the same place in the back of the garage. It was in very poor condition as the chooks had made it their home and the mice and rats had eaten nearly everything that wasn't steel. It has taken me 2 years to rebuild the bike and I recently rode the bike to the local Xmas toy Run for the Salvation Army and it ran perfectly all day.
I shall add a photo on my next post.
Engine number is F93568. My bike is clearly identifiable as it has a brass blanking plug to cover the opening in the timing cover where a tacho drive had once been fitted.
regards Dr. G.
my current collection consists of 1946 Superalce (being prepared for sale this year), 1952 Falcone Sport, 1962 Galletto, 1973 Nuovo Falcone, 1973 Eldorado, 1982 V50 Mark 3, 1990 Mk 5 le mans, 2010 1200 Breva, 2011 V7 Racer, 1976 Ducati 860GTS.

1972 Nuovo Falcone, one of a batch brought into the UK by NLM from 2000 onwards. Allegedly, these were brand new bikes, but more likely built from boxes of NOS parts left over from the Italian military contract. You could see that many parts were unused, and the motor certainly looked unused, but other parts were very second hand, like the rear sprocket and some of the tinware. The rear mudguard was split, and had been held together with filler, and both wheel rims were a mass of rust shortly after delivery, looking like someone had given them a quick plate with chrome over the rust. I had them rebuilt with stainless (Italian) rims and spokes, which was the best thing I ever did, apart from replacing the Bosch coil, whc turned out to be the cause of intermittent cutting out, plug fouling and occasional non-starting. It now starts first time, every time.
We have a small Nuovo Falcone community here in Scotland, with two up in Inverness, four in the Strathtay area, and another over Ayrshire way. One of the owners had already sold his first one (to buy an Indian Scout) but suffered pangs of guilt, and bought another to customise as a Sahara bobber, recently featured in Classic Bike Guide. His bike was ex JNA (Yugoslavian Army) and from a batch of very second hand bikes that came in from Croatia. As he was throwing pretty much everything away, I was fortunate enough to pick up a fairing, and a pair of the very desirable steel teardrop panniers complete with mounting frames, and a few other parts, including an unused black tail-lamp, to replace the wrong chrome one. The screen was broken, but I got a new replacement from a supplier in Germany (same as V7 apparently). I don't use the legshields (I like to see the engine) and I managed to get hold of a cutaway flywheel exposer casting from a batch made in Germany, to reveal the 20 lbs or so of rotating steel.
It's used mainly for vintage meets locally, and local runs into the hills, so doesn't do much mileage, but it's the bike I enjoy riding the most.
I only recently accessed the frame number for the first time, while replacing the (loose ball) steering head bearings, and it's marked:
NF*22FG* and DGM 63570M
Here's a pic of what it looks like now (no show machine...).

And a few years back:

We run a forum and facebook group specifically for the NF.
I assume it would be frowned upon to link to it here, but please PM if you have an NF, and are interested. ;-)

Airone imported from Belgium. It left the factory in December 1945, it is the touring model with a pressed steel frame, small brakes, iron head, exposed hairspring valve springs and a heel brake (which I'm not so fond of). Very much as the 1940 model, maybe made up from parts left around the factory from before the war. Here it is at a local vintage meeting over Christmas Airone at the 16 Boxing Day Meet 640x640 .

Im in the Stuttgart area with the US Army. I have been a V twin man for 30 years ever since I picked up an Eldo in 1988. This is my first single and I am enamoured, can't wait to search for another.

1948 Airone (Astorino) although the previous owner said it was a Sport, and the paperwork says Sport, I have serious doubts.
Chassis 17860
engine M86127

I don't even know how to change the oil yet, but she runs well and spent some time in a museum in Slovakia, according to the tag on the frame.

IMG 3397

i-N2H5QDm-XL.jpg
HI ALL!
Tom McBride
Long Beach, Ca.
1953 Falcone Astore?
(Need help identifying what I actually have, any assistance is appreciated)
FAE29
DOP-Oct2015

Hi Tom
I am new to this forum. for the past 35 years I've had many v twins but after a recent trip to the Guzzi factory, I've been fascinated with singles and starting to research and collect them. Do you still have this bike and are you looking for information?
Alan

I've only ever had the V-twins, but Guzzi singles like the Falcone and Airone fascinate me. Also the Galletto.

Some day, perhaps; my time of restoring, running, and maintaining older machines is mostly over now, but I never say never... :)

hello, i live in belgium. this airone turismo military is from 1955 and served in the army in italy, torino.
the only thing that is not original, is the carburator. i own it, but it is to bad to work good. bike is completely restored but i kept the original paint.

20190902 150704
20210512 201437 resized

Tom McBride: man, Long Beach – good memories. I used to operate a Zodiac RHIB between Catalina and Long Beach / Manhattan beach / Newport (where my lab was at) and spearfish along the entire coast. Used to drive a cz 250 between there and Caltech. Owning that monster on the coast must be so fly.

verhelle johan: Love the mil spec. Just love it.

This Sport is enroute from Italy now. Expect it in NY before the end of the month. Have had many Guzzis from late 60s through current. It will join a V85TT. Looking for another Airone now and probably a Falcone.

IMG 0900

This Sport is enroute from Italy now
Slowing down a little now finally Mike? Beauty.
I look forward to putting one of these in my collection too. Really like to have the Dondolino I raced in 2003. Post more once you have it.

Back