• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi Newb

Frenchy

Just got it firing!
Greetings fellow Guzzistis, just pulled the trigger on a 01 Rosso Mandello V11. I may be in over my head but I love this bike already. Needs a clutch and probably a flywheel. Im buying the parts and looking for a NorCal Mech. Recommendations appreciated. This muther sounds like its going to implode to the point where I'm really afraid to ride it or rev it. Looks like from my research Im looking for a Single Plate RAm or converting to a dual plate. Any and all input appreciated from those who have been there. Ciao!

Last edited:
This muther sounds like its going to implode to the point where I'm really afraid to ride it or rev it. Looks like from my research Im looking for a Single Plate RAm or converting to a dual plate.

Umm…

Hello.

Can you put what you tried to communicate here, into clear, concise, and grammatically descriptive and correct language?

Otherwise, nobody here is going to be able to figure out what you are saying and asking. :worried:

Greetings fellow Guzzistis, just pulled the trigger on a 01 Rosso Mandello V11. I may be in over my head but I love this bike already. Needs a clutch and probably a flywheel. Im buying the parts and looking for a NorCal Mech. Recommendations appreciated. This muther sounds like its going to implode to the point where I'm really afraid to ride it or rev it. Looks like from my research Im looking for a Single Plate RAm or converting to a dual plate. Any and all input appreciated from those who have been there. Ciao!

Welcome, Frenchy, to the never-boring world of Moto Guzzi.

As for your voiced worry, what you are hearing may be normal even if alarming to you just now.

I posted here last year about Guzzi "noise" and mentioned that I had a fellow run over to me at a gas station once when I pulled up to refuel my Griso screaming "SHUT IT DOWN! SHUT IT DOWN! I'M A MOTORCYCLE MECHANIC; IT'S GOING TO BLOW UP!"
:eek:

I told him that's the way it always sounded. He left shaking his head and muttering.

It is, accordingly, possible -- thus Scott's call for more clarity in the description -- that this is, while disconcerting for those new to the marque, simply normal "happy sounds" from valve or clutch clatter or something similar but new to you.

A great Guzzista, now sadly passed, had as his tag line on posts, "Non è rumore; è musica," i.e., "It's not noise; it's music." :clap:

The best way not to hear such sounds is to wick it up and then hear and feel that incomparable aural sensation of a big block's induction and exhaust. 🏍️🇮🇹

OTOH, of course, you may soon experience catastrophic failure accompanied by bright lights and loud sound effects.
:eek:

No need to thank me for that helpful possible prognosis. :giggle: Seriously, I've blown up two Guzzi engines, so I'm not unsympathetic to concerns.

Which, of course, gets back to those of us out here waiting for a bit more specificity in what you are hearing.

Best,

Bill

Another very helpful thing to do is to make a video, post it online at a hosting service, like Google Drive, then give the link address so we can go watch it to see and hear what you are trying to describe. 😀👌👍

You can just replace your clutch disk which is readily available. Todd in the STORE tab can most likely get what you need.

If not, Stein Dinse in Germany and their sister company, MG Cycle her in the USA, can help you. A factory single plate clutch is about $150 and the aftermarket is about $65.

You will need an alignment tool which they sell inexpensive as well.

It’s the labor that costs $$$. If you have the skills, it’s not overly technically complex, but it is extremely labor intensive and not a job for a newbie.

Still, it would be worthwhile to see and hear your motorcycle. Make a video!

Last edited:
I can expand if you come back within 24 as noted.
The Scura and RM have aluminum racing flywheels, and can suffer catastrophic and costly failures if not replaced within spec limits, and/or develop cracks as shown below.
You can replace it with another RAM aluminum version with the same short lifespan, or update it to a more modern version, which is about double the cost, but makes for more affordable replacement parts down the road. It is a massive job to do for someone with considerable experience. If interested in parts, write us direct email for pricing; info @guzzitech.com
I can get you the RAM clutch or modern lightweight steel version.

28EA5BE8 2B46 4FD3 911E A8D2AE7879C8 DFD7ED77 E915 4122 ACF3 39185767B748

I will never understand the predilection to manufacturing driveline / timing / critical component parts out of anything but steel.

Reminds me of the exploding aluminum gears in the front of the V10-Centauro.

My advice...get the lightweight steel components from Todd. He will not steer you wrong. Fix it once and be done with it.

I know the difference having a Ducati 907ie with a dry clutch this Guzzi noise is alarming. Thanks for the steel lightweight flywheel recommendation and photos, I had suspected it. I need to make a video. GTM I will send an e-mail. Once again thanks for all of the assistance.

Back