• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi Service in Utah ?

motoguzziman

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hi all.
Been off the map, for a while, Dad DIed, then the lawyers etc ,,,,,,

Anyway, in a great rush, I have just managed to put a trip together , for this year.
Obviously with winter approaching its not going to be the usual 3 month tour.

Anyway, as you all know, I got hit by labrynthitis last year, and ended up in hospital.

So the bike got stuck in Utah

Now, getting ready for a ride, Now, I see 2 Guzzi places in Utah !

One is called Harrisons Euro Sports, that appears to be a dedicated bike shop

The other, is called Monarch Honda, but goes by something else too, and its one of these jet ski snowmobile, arctic cat Type shops .

Anyway, have any of you had any dealings with either of these companies ?
Im sort of leaning toward Harrisons, since its a bike shop, but any info will be greatly appreciated, since I intend to have the oils changed filters changed brake pads checked etc before going touring !

Normally all this would have been done by Larry & Brian of GT Motors Lansing MI
But Larry died, and the bike is in Utah, so Im a bit stuck.
Thanks in Advance
Jan

So the bike got stuck in Utah

Now, getting ready for a ride, Now, I see 2 Guzzi places in Utah !

One is called Harrisons Euro Sports, that appears to be a dedicated bike shop

Anyway, have any of you had any dealings with either of these companies ?
Im sort of leaning toward Harrisons, since its a bike shop, but any info will be greatly appreciated, since I intend to have the oils changed filters changed brake pads checked etc before going touring !

Jan

I had to divert my cross-country trip recently to Harrison Eurosports in Sandy, Utah. They took my California 1400 right in, drained the 10W30 automotive oil I had to put in and got the 10W60 put back in with filter. I was happy with the service and got a follow-up call the next day from the sales manager. I told him that I appreciated that someone cared enough to call me knowing that it is unlikely that I would be back (I live in Maryland). I think Harrison's would be a good choice for you based on my experience there.

If you go, tell them that Dave from Maryland sent you. I am the guy that stopped in there on July 1, 2016 that ran out of oil in Green River, Utah. I am sure they won't remember and I am very sure that mentioning me will not get you anything! LOL But, I also think they'll take good care of you.

FYI, the service advisor I dealt with is named Alex Stanley. The work was done by Corby Earl.

Last edited:
Ha Yes, I see, Sorry, but I have been busy. I am in the Econo Lodge hotel around the corner.
The shop is halfway up the on ramp to I 15 !
I came under the bridge, and missed their driveway.
So I had to get off at the next exit & bactrack.
They were great .

However : They closed their Moto Guzzi Dept last week !

So the guy said : we cannot do the Guzzi final drive, because we do not have the oil for it !

So I said, well you still do BMW ? They are bigger & heavier & faster than the Breva 750, so use the same oil as the BMW final drive.
Ah ok !
They even found an oil filter, for the 750 , and did the 3 oil changes in a couple of hours.

The return to the hotel, looked rather daunting, due to the roads & traffic, but ,you just have to wait for the light change, to be able to cross 3 lanes at once, so you can do a left turn at the next lights.

Actually, its faster, walking from the bike shop, to the hotel & vice versa, than riding the road , as it is a long way around.

I will be staying at the econo lodge through Thursday, September 1, leaving for parts unknown Friday morning.
Since today, ( 03 39 Thursday Morn ) is a day off, I will be sampling microbrews in the next door bar : Sandy Station.
Very nice well stocked bar & restaurant !

Cheers
MGM

Time to change the rear drive oil again. BMW uses a 90 weight, the 750 should have 85W140 in the rear drive. That is available at any auto parts store.

Back