• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi sighting on TV show

Rafael

GT Reference
Thought a thread on this subject but couldn't find it.

My wife had the TV on the retro channel. The Boinic Woman was on so I watched a couple of minutes of it, then a cop approached a cop bike to get on. I got my hopes up, then disappointment it was an H-D.

A little later in the show a cop runs out of the station gets on a Police Eldorado! The cop kick starts it and drives off. I thought 'that's odd, why would they do that?' There was the usual driving on the street filmed on a trailer. Naturally, I continue watching since there's a guzzi involved now. The last bike scene was the best. The cop rescues a woman cop, the incognito bionic woman, then drives back to the police station to stop an impending crime. He speeds back two up, then drives up the police station stoop steps, about 10, two cops at the entry dive out of the way, then they crashes through the double wood doors, lays the bike down, slide down the hallway and continue with the heroics! Best TV/movie stunt I've ever seen with a guzzi.

This show was filmed in SoCal in 1976, oddly, around the time Guzzi started loosing or had lost the police contracts. This scene should have cliched another contract or two.

Did it sould like a twostroke. I love it when they sound edit and a four stroke sounds like a two stroke and visa versa.

zx800 said:
Did it sould like a twostroke. I love it when they sound edit and a four stroke sounds like a two stroke and visa versa.

That and screeching tires on dirt roads. :lol:

Oddly enough, it didn't sound like a twostroke - sound was about right. And I think they actually drove it up the stairs. But, I could be wrong, I was fixated on the cops diving off the stoop - guess this was the explosion substitute.

Looked around on Amazon and found the episode, I believe.
Season 2, Episode 12, Jaime's Shield-part 2.

Side note: my wife hates it when I remark that the sound doesn't match the bike but is amazed that I can spot a guzzi in a 1/4 second glimpse and get the model and year. Doesn't happen often though.

Not a film and not on old guzzies but Hairy Bikers, traveling cooks, did their last series on a couple of Stelvios...

Tyres squeeling on dirt and wet roads, I never did get that... :whistle:

windy

There was a recent episode of Storage Wars where one of the main characters, a man of about 50 with white hair and a supercilious attitude rides off on a Guzzi. I don't know the model, I am a brand new Stelvio NTX owner and still learning about the marque.

The Guzzi police bikes were in several movies around that time, because Hollywood was able to buy fleets of them that the PD's were getting rid of....cheaper than HD's, especially if they were getting trashed....

bcls482 said:
There was a recent episode of Storage Wars where one of the main characters, a man of about 50 with white hair and a supercilious attitude rides off on a Guzzi. I don't know the model, I am a brand new Stelvio NTX owner and still learning about the marque.

More on this subject: the character is Barry Weiss and he is a collector of both autos and motorcycles. I saw him recently on an episode of the show wearing a Bultaco sweatshirt. Where the H*** did he ever got one of those?

They had a screening of a British film called 'The Reluctant Infidel', in most markets it was just called 'The Infidel' on SBS recently. A gentle comedy about racism in the UK. Worth watching. I was surprised that at one point there was a scene with an old loopy in it. No relevance to the storyline but it was a nice old bus and surprising to see as Loopys are quite reare in the UK.

Pete

It's been a while so I'm not sure where there might be MG's in it, or if, and even if there are none a great movie is On Any Sunday.

I saw him recently on an episode of the show wearing a Bultaco sweatshirt. Where the H*** did he ever got one of those?

I have a Bultaco t-shirt in the closet. In fact, wore it last week to a Vintage show. Try the Garage Company for old t-shirts, etc, even Moto Guzzi. I don't think they have sweatshirts, though.

garagecompany.com/

Bare

In one of the long way down or long way round series. During the planning stage Ewan McGreggor turns up on a griso. I saw him being interview on YouTube he said he bought his father a norge for when he comes to visit but he ends up riding it the whole time himself. There is also an ambassador in the movie maude and Harold.

Back