• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi V7 Bodywork kit

sandy

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Moto Guzzi has developed a bolt-on factory kit to transform any clip-on equipped V7 into a replica 1970s endurance racer.

The kit has been inspired by the 1969 Moto Guzzi V7 Record prototype, an endurance racer that set numerous speed records for Guzzi, including one at Monza Speedbowl Circuit where the V7 achieved an average speed over 621miles (1000km) at 128mph

The Record kit comes with a front fairing and a single-seat unit, with kicked-up spoiler fin and a memory foam seat. The kit is simple and easy to fit on any Moto Guzzi V7 Cafe or V7 Racer. The fibreglass front fairing uses the existing headlight assembly, while the single seat unit is a straight swap for the standard seat with no modification necessary.

The kit can be fitted to the V7 Classic, V7 Stone and V7 Special but a set of Moto Guzzi factory clip-ons are required. The V7 Record Kit costs £1400. Any Moto Guzzi dealer can provide details.

Click Pic for MotorcycleNews.com feed:

And just to save you the trouble.
No, you can't buy the items seperately.
I've already asked.
You have to buy it as a kit.

Thanks for the post, I meant to post it a few days ago. I modded your post above to show the picture.

That's trick.

The parts that were on the V7Rx at EICMA back in the fall.

I wonder about what the pricing will be. Poor Stucchi Luigi just spent a lot of time and trouble developing a similar fairing.

I suppose it would come down to price when choosing between the two... Though I kind of like this Guzzi Accessory version a little better.

That's cool! I have a Stucchi fairing on now, and I really like it, but.....
The Guzzi one looks really good. It looks like the windscreen extends up a bit more on the Guzzi one, and the bracing extends out to the edge of the windscreen.
The Stucchi fairing tends to vibrate at speed, shaking the mirrors, and the bracing doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the windscreen. I've had to stiffen it up with ugly additional braces.
I notice the Guzzi fairing has a mounting point on the valve cover too...
Very nice.

Out of curiosity, is the famous Guzzi air tunnel still up and running?

I think it's no longer working, although it might have been used to design the fairing.

rocker59 said:
That's trick.
I wonder about what the pricing will be. .

£1,400 ($2,225 US)

rocker59 said:
Poor Stucchi Luigi just spent a lot of time and trouble developing a similar fairing. .

I don't think they've too much to wory about.
You can't buy the parts seperately, meaning that if you wanted just a fairing, the Stucchi is a quarter of the price of this, and people balk at that and think's it's expensive.

mwrenn said:
I have a Stucchi fairing on now, and I really like it, but.....
The Guzzi one looks really good. It looks like the windscreen extends up a bit more on the Guzzi one, and the bracing extends out to the edge of the windscreen.
The Stucchi fairing tends to vibrate at speed, shaking the mirrors, and the bracing doesn't extend all the way to the edge of the windscreen. I've had to stiffen it up with ugly additional braces.

I don't have any issues with mine.
I did notice a bit of fibreglass on metal clatter over bumpy ground, which was easily resolved by strategically placing pieces of foam at various places on the brackets.
As regards the mirrors, I assume you're using the Stucchi supplied fairing mounted items.
Best fit your bike with some bar ends, then you won't have the problem and the bike will have a better look.

mwrenn said:
I notice the Guzzi fairing has a mounting point on the valve cover too...
Very nice.

I can't help thinking that's a bad idea (assuming you are correct)
I mean what does the top of your engine do when it's running ?
It vibrates.
If there is mounting hardware from the rocker to the fairing, the engine vibes get transferred straight through the fibreglass and over time it will crack.

For me the fairing looks a little too, Japanese, and lacks the authentic aesthetics of the Stucchi.

I do like the seat though, but as I said, you cannot buy the items seperately.

:angry:

sandy said:
rocker59 said:
That's trick.
<snip>
If there is mounting hardware from the rocker to the fairing, the engine vibes get transferred straight through the fibreglass and over time it will crack.
<snip>

I haven't heard of any fairing problems with any of the V11 LeMans bikes and their fairing also mounts to the cylinder head. It may not be an issue. Hopefully.

sign216 said:
Out of curiosity, is the famous Guzzi air tunnel still up and running?

I think it's no longer working, although it might have been used to design the fairing.

It's up allright, but I seriously doubt it's running anymore. You do that kind of things in a computer and in scale models today. The starting current of the Mandello wind-tunnel is said to be so high that the whole community would go in dark for a moment... :dry:

258867691_259750cf1e_z.jpg

Back