• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi V7 Classic: before and after.....thanks GuzziTech!

oalvarez

Tuned and Synch'ed
GuzziTech came and picked up my V7 Classic today.....for whatever it's worth, this is the second Guzzi of mine that Todd will have worked on, I can't say enough good things about him and the quality of the work (all aspects of it) that he does. really looking forward to the improvements/mods he's going to perform for me on this small block.

-PCV + AT + re-mapped ECU
-Mistral Pipes and Crossover
-EVAP removal (shhh)
-Gazi Rear Shocks
-Front Fork Emulators, Springs and Fluid
-Fork Gaiters

some other odds/ends as well.....will report back when the motorcycle is back in my hands.

fyi: my first 70 miles on the bike uncovered that it's not as bad on the open road as i thought it would be, but as speeds increase, the motorcycle definitely becomes a lot less stable and confidence inspiring (almost "shimmying"). the motor also feels strangled for fuel/air, hopefully the fixes above will make it perform as it should. regardless, it's a lot of fun to ride, the motor despite its size is more than capable for a sunday spin, it's simple, oh so full of character, and great to look at.

Attachments

• ObieA-V7C-1.jpg
    ObieA-V7C-1.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 7,045
I'm interested to hear about the improvements.. those suspension upgrades will certainly fix your instability issues, especially considering the front and rear will be sprung and set up for your weight. I'm interested in the differences between the mistral exhaust and todd's own v7 exhaust; weight, sound, etc.. Todd, want to chime in if you see this?

ordered a seat off of the V7 Racer and had the cover re-stitched with black thread (as opposed to red) as my bike is the black/gold Classic version.....i think it turned out nicely. thanks Oscar's Upholstery! :clap

lot's more to come....

Attachments

• ObieA-V7C-Seat.jpg
    ObieA-V7C-Seat.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 6,908
Beauty! Deep into the bike, think you're going to LOVE to outcome.

Pretty much done with the project (thank you Todd @ GuzziTech!! :clap), details shown below.

'12 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
-Mistral Slip-Ons (plus crossover)
-Power Commander V
-Auto Tune
-Gazi Sport Shocks
-Fork Emulators
-V7 Racer solo seat (re-stiched w/ black thread)
-Pirelli Sport Demons

Rode it a good 80mi-90mi today in the local canyons (Angeles Crest) at both moderate and high speeds for this motorcycle (65mph-75mph turns). My thoughts thus far are as follow,

Motor/Sound: much improved power delivery, better power across the curve, more responsive, super fluid....smooth, brighter, more awake. Todd is going to double check the ecu/pcv/at settings once more as I think it can be improved upon even a bit more. regardless, the fueling improvements are WELL WORTH the money in my eyes. the Mistral slip-ons go to save weight (lose the cat), and help improve the looks i think. the sound they produce is where the money's at, akin to a small block chevy with glass packs....man-o-man....what a great sounding bike it is, one of the best that i've owned yet :wink:

Suspension/Tires: in stock form, the bike would wallow, was sprung/damped ultra soft in my opinion and which offered very little feedback. the bike was beyond nervous at higher speeds, and most definitely in faster turns. the new rear shocks were a great upgrade, the bike feels much more settled now, i can actually feel the rear, it doesn't move all over the place as it did. the front fork emulators/fluid were a pleasant addition and helped improve front end feel, but let's face it, ohlins forks they're not.... the tires performed well, they probably were a big helper in the feel department but the bike's turn-in is not light even with having gone with a 90 profile rear (z-rated to match the front). at the end of the day there's only so much one can do in this area, the bike simply is what it is, but it's much better than stock :deal

Solo Seat: i won't be doing many iron butts on this bike that's for sure....looks the business in my eyes (suede insert), but an all day seat it is not. remember, it's a small bike, not all that tall, not sure how those taller than me (5' 10") would fit comfortably on it. (other cosmetic mods include the removal of the turn signal spacers and addition of the fork gaiters....chrome clip-ons from the Cafe model are on order)

in a nutshell, the bike is more rideable at faster speeds but a true sport bike it is not. without the improvements the bike is lazy at best (remember its price-point), with the mods it's actually a fun and capable Sunday cruiser that exudes style, has yesteryear looks, and sounds as good as any small block motor you've heard.

thanks and enjoy the photos (sorry for the poor'ish quality),

file.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-3.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-2.jpg

update.....the bike is back in GuzziTech's hands as we try to improve on a few things (CEL, fork rebound, funny idle). looking forward on reporting back when the bike is back in my hands.

I saw your bike up at Todd's. Looks real nice.

As far as your seat goes, don't forget that Spencer and Sargent will scoop them out to your requests and refoam them with better stuff. Everyone praises their services. It'll look the same, but it won't BE the same.

Thanks for this as your comments mirror my feelings about the V7, great bike for the price however a little fine tuning is in order.
I am doing everything that you have done, except for the seat. Installing the Mistral exhaust makes such nice noises but the fuelling needs finessing by Todd which is nice that he has yours as a test mule and can map my ECU to match.
Did you use Race Tech for the front forks? What weight oil?
The Gazi shocks look like a nice option as well.
Any other suggestions before I change shocks & rubber & order the bits from Guzzitech?
I found that the fly screen from Dart makes a big difference and looks just right IMHO.

Attachments

• 2010 V7 Classic sml.jpg
    2010 V7 Classic sml.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 1,907
so,

Todd and I decided to remove the PCV and AT given that the check engine light, slight idling issue and decel popping couldn't be remedied and I simply didn't want to spend much more time dealing with it (more on DynoJet's side than our own). The good news is that Todd was able to work on the ECU mapping some so to cure the decel popping and the check engine light is no longer (maybe due to plugging the O2 sensor back into the system even though it's not truly working given that i'm running a Mistral exhaust kit). He also improved on the suspension (forks) feel by changing the fluid out for an even heavier weight than he first used ( i asked him to slow down the rebound even further), Todd also made a change to the valves on the compression side of the equation (i think, mine have emulators installed). The only other change I made cosmetically was that of a leather tank strap kit that I acquired out of the UK, i think it fits the bike, nicely. Now that I have it back and nothing else has to be done, I'm going to ride it and enjoy it for a while before doing anything else.

As always, a big and special thanks to Todd at GuzziTech for all of the work, suggestions and direction provided up to now. I'm beyond fortunate to have gotten to know him a little better over the years (this is the second Guzzi of mine he has helped transform), I hope all of you get the same chance to benefit from his knowledge and professionalism that he has granted me. ;)

Talk soon,

file-1.jpg

Back