• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzi V7 Classic medical mystery

motogutsy

Just got it firing!
Hi all,

My name is Blake, and I'm the new and proud owner of a 2011 V7 Classic that I bought from Thousand Oaks Vespa at the end of March.

fFrW4m0.jpg

11,000 miles, major service 100 miles ago. I wanted one of these for the longest time, even test rode one back-to-back against a Bonneville.

I signed on because I wanted to solicit some advice...the bike hasn't been delivered to me yet, as it's had problems ever since. It first wouldn't idle, then the dealer ordered a new ECU and installed it, and now it won't rev above 2,000 RPM. The dealer has promised me that it'll fix these things for free, but between ordering the part for a week and diagnosing a new electrical fault the tech doesn't know when he can get the bike to me now.

I have no idea what the problem could be, of course. Was hoping if anyone here has heard of the issue. Todd here says it's "beyond bizarre," but he saw it happen to a '13 once. Of course, those are different engines and fueling systems and ECUs.

The 2K RPM problem happens intermittently, and they've been in contact with a factory certified technician from Orange County named Sean (who some of you may know, I assume. Small community and all that).

The dealership promised me that they'll be bringing the bike to a technician training seminar on Wednesday, in Costa Mesa. There will be 20 techs there who can look it over, and I'll definitely get word on it by next Friday. If these guys can't fix it, I don't know what's the issue.

It's a medical mystery, not even House could sort this out between commercial breaks.

Hi all,

My name is Blake, and I'm the new and proud owner of a 2011 V7 Classic that I bought from Thousand Oaks Vespa at the end of March.

fFrW4m0.jpg

11,000 miles, major service 100 miles ago. I wanted one of these for the longest time, even test rode one back-to-back against a Bonneville.

I signed on because I wanted to solicit some advice...the bike hasn't been delivered to me yet, as it's had problems ever since. It first wouldn't idle, then the dealer ordered a new ECU and installed it, and now it won't rev above 2,000 RPM. The dealer has promised me that it'll fix these things for free, but between ordering the part for a week and diagnosing a new electrical fault the tech doesn't know when he can get the bike to me now.

I have no idea what the problem could be, of course. Was hoping if anyone here has heard of the issue. Todd here says it's "beyond bizarre," but he saw it happen to a '13 once. Of course, those are different engines and fueling systems and ECUs.

The 2K RPM problem happens intermittently, and they've been in contact with a factory certified technician from Orange County named Sean (who some of you may know, I assume. Small community and all that).

The dealership promised me that they'll be bringing the bike to a technician training seminar on Wednesday, in Costa Mesa. There will be 20 techs there who can look it over, and I'll definitely get word on it by next Friday. If these guys can't fix it, I don't know what's the issue.

It's a medical mystery, not even House could sort this out between commercial breaks.

So how did this turn out?

Hah, I haven't been on this forum since I made that post. This ended up in the easiest way possible: I bought a 2013 V7 Special instead.

Last I heard, an entire army of Moto Guzzi techs spent two days diagnosing it until they realized that an oversized O-ring was causing the cam sensor to not read properly. A right-sized O-ring later, and I believe the dealer listed the Guzzi again for $500 more than what I would've paid for it.

All's well that ends well, I suppose.

Photos of my new bike are here!

Back