• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GuzziDiag NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
All, I have purposefully chosen to not allow posts here on this freeware found online, because I do not want this website to be a support portal for it. It was a spin-off from then original Frenchman's JPDiag reformatted to DucDiag, in which a gentleman nicknamed “Beard” did some logo and model name changes to again reformat it for Guzzis.

Secondly, while the base program is a fair diagnostic tool (and outside of the fact that most of the diagnostics on the CARC bikes can be accessed via the gauge cluster), there *WAS* a commercially supported software via TechnoResearch (now no longer available thanks to Diag); We do have a full Instructions/Q&A Thread HERE to be of help. This was the actual dealer software used in the late 90's - mid 00's, made commercially available, long before any shareware existed.

Thirdly, there are many means of ECU map manipulation these days (including a separate program linked from Diag). At first I was alarmed by the thought of map sharing free-ware, but in the end it has generated a long line of customers as those who use free or low cost maps (you get what you pay for) are typically very disappointed, or worse, end up with a corrupted ECU - Caveat Emptor. Many of the commercially available and share-ware maps have proven to not work very well if at all, or are simply scary at best. If your exhaust is white in color off the cylinder head, resort to the stock map immediately. Be forewarned, and be *SURE* to have your Air/Fuel Ratios (AFRs) checked by someone who really knows fueling (most Dynojet Dyno shops) if you run free-ware maps. Most of them are very detrimental to your engine from the data I have uncovered/documented. We offer a commercially supported and nearly rock solid device for this HERE; https://gtmotocycles.com/search?type=product&q=flash tool*

I have been offering a Non-Public Roadway Flash service successfully using very high-$ commercially supported software since 2009, and since 2001 using Power Commanders that I was involved in the development process with on most all Guzzis. NOW TO NOTE: I am not interested in selling "maps" nor should my work/intellectual property be shared or distributed in this fashion. Beard has created a lock for me for the most part, and I do embed all of my maps with a GT descriptor and often the buyers name so that I can track it should it arise. I will be legally vigilant with my maps as I have invested an incredible amount of money and time to get access to the MM ECUs early on, long before any shareware existed. Know that Google Alerts is an incredibly powerful tool in tracking them down.

Also for the record on my work and fueling; I have partnered with Dynojet exclusively since 2001 in helping develop products for Guzzi specifically (they often refer to me as their "technical advisor" for all things Guzzi), and I have trained and been certified with them on all of their products. If you write me for info, and then Dynojet, know they will most often send you back to me. While many disregard the Power Commander as junk, know that they still power nearly every top 10 AMA Pro Racing Grid, and hold the 600cc Land Speed Record at Bonneville.

The fully dynamic system I offer is very expensive, but when used properly offers impressively good results, both seat of pants and on the dyno. Static maps are a band aid, but can show broad brush improvement on some bikes, while not on others. Every engine has different requirements.

In closing, there are a few mouths online that choose to bash me and my work. Have it be known that those that do, have never ridden my bikes, and/or said they couldn't tell any difference over stock (astonishing to me, but it spoke volumes). Additionally on one other Griso specialized Forum, these mouths have single-handedly killed most all sales of exhaust products I hugely invested in to bring to market, by stating that they are too loud and are power robbing... This all while the fueling was never revised, and denied a free install on the products purchased from me to show them how well it worked.

Next time anyone asks why there aren't many products out there for Guzzi, you can point to this thread.

All of this is a labor of love that I started into when I was frustrated with how my Guzzi ran. Thanks to my Cycle World Mag intro to Dynojet back in '01, I have learned a tremendous amount. So, I will continue to pursue this venture until it seems no longer worth my time. Thanks for your understanding. If anyone cares to compare their motorcycle history resume, I would be happy to share mine. A small few of the highlights HERE.

I am aware of the other sites online but the layout of your forums is the easiest to read and search. The organization of this site shows the logical thought put forth. I have several of your products and have received what I expected. Nobody can please everybody all the time and I don't know what the current numbers are with the web but way back when there was no web and I worked at a Honda dealer the saying in the industry was a pleased customer tells 4 people. An unhappy customer tells 12 or more (I forget exact numbers).
Thanks for my reflash, Shocks and fork kits on both my 2007 and 2012 Norge, several other parts and a wealth of info. Any complaints I might have would be based on an overwhelmed one man operation which I allow for. I wish there was a way for you to turn a profit and expand but the quantity of Guzzi's really limits you. That plus Piaggio's attitude. I was talking to an ex-dealer the other day and he said one of the problems is the mispronunciation of Piaggio. He claims it should be Pig Ho. I think he wasn't happy with them. :think:

Could not be happier with my 1400 T running your map, PC-V and AT-300...nothing short of a startling improvement. Makes me smile whenever I give it a tickle. Love your work, and appreciate everything you do to support the Guzzi owners.

Stephen

I had my ECU reflashed on my 1200 Sport some years ago and then later followed up with the purchase of the PC-V with Autotune.

This was the first time I've ever bothered to work on fueling on a motorcycle and was pleased with the results. At some point the freeware became available and there was a lot of talk about it. I bought some cables and obtained the most recent maps which were all the rage at the time.

I found that my 1200 Sport ran much worse than with Todd's map and the add-ons. I was told that I would need to make some adjustments to the map and I messed around with it for a few days before coming to the realization that I was wasting my time as I already had a solution in my possession. I reloaded my map from Todd and hooked my PC-V and autotune back and and have been happily running it since.

My Griso came with the GT-Rx exhaust when I bought it over 5 years ago, and I've added more GT parts since then. I love your stuff and your effort, and I talk about your stuff every time someone asks me about my bike!

Todd, I disagree. We can discuss offline via email, if you want.
Nine paragraphs of facts. What do you disagree with? I really don't have the time to debate, but with all of the public lashings I've endured... Let's proceed here for now.

I'm not taking sides here but Oz1200Guzzi you could have emailed Todd from the get go instead of posting on the forum that you disagree.

Now Todd replies with an open invitation & you decline.

That's poor form to my way of thinking.

Just to be clear I really don't care why you disagree & will not enter into a discussion on the topic.

I have never heard Todd "go after" anyone with out being provoked & then it is defensive rather than offensive & backed by facts.

I have read many posts by others on different forums who attack every chance they get.

It has been my experience in life that people who need to constantly put others down just to glorify themselves are usually poor & petty people who just make fools of themselves when they act like children.

I must add though, that Todd and I have enjoyed quite a few email exchanges in the past, hell I have purchased from him and recommended others do the same.
Thanks Tony, and again for the record for all reading this, all true.

Just read this.. Hm.

Well there might be some that ''talk the smack " on your fueling map . Then there are those that have them and praise them. It's a product. Some will like it and some won't. As for the "Guzzi Drama" with all these guys making and selling Guzzi parts and talking shit about each other isn't just childish but unprofessional.
I know you(Todd) have worked with Dynojet . You've tuned both my bikes. One with your map and one with a PC3. Why is your map better? :nerd:
In fact I've been trying to chase you down to get the other one done so one fact I know for certain is I'm not one "talking the smack".
Work might take a while but hey, stuff happens.

So whenever you get past the scura shell-shock and ready to tune and prune .........:call:

Well, this appears to be an old thread but ask anyone who has been on my 2015 V& Stone with Agostini pipes and a GuzziTech map.
Every single friend has come off the bike and said they've never been on a better running motorcycle.

"We only stock and sell GT tested and endorsed products."
I think that statement says it all.
Don't know what started this spat and to be frank don't really care.
Has the GT fuelling kit and suspension modifications improved my bike? Yes.
Does Todd stand by his products? Yes.
Do other manufacturers offer the same warranty or back up? Not as far as I am aware.
Any doubts, get on your bike and go and speak to the guy in person.

I'm going to start documenting all of the people who write me for help with things related to Diag like below from this morning...
Hi Todd, hoping you can help. My friend Cait says you helped her with her V7 and it's amazing. My 2017 V7 III won't start. I’m unsure if my ECU is bricked or if it’s something more simple. I’m finding out right now if I can borrow my friends pickup to get it to you. If you don’t mind me asking, how much more or less do you think I’d be looking at for this?"

Ballpark is $250-600 depending. Might be something simple and cheaper. If it's the ECU, cost will be high.
To have the stock map put on or this custom one I got.

Did you try upload a map then it sounds like?
Yes, and it got to pretty much 100% before it said it failed. Then I tried uploading the stock map BACK which I saved before doing anything, And that didn’t work either. Now I have an ALARM screen. And when I try to run Diag it just shows crazy numbers.

OK, I do not touch or work with that program. If the ECU is corrupted, it and throttle body are combined. There's a slim chance your local dealer might be of help, otherwise I can help, but I'll have to replace the ECU/TB. Price on the part alone right now is $1246. You should've just brought it to me to begin with, and now you're likely seeing the reason why.
Thanks! I was heavily considering your ECU kit + tune. Just being a college student can make affording that difficult.

I'm happy to work with local owners, and I was a college student once also, so I feel your pain... but now maybe you see you get what you pay for.
That I do. Thanks, and I'll be in touch again soon.

It never ceases to amaze me, how may people are not only willing, but salivating at the chance to start messing with their ECU's. They are tempted by all this GuzziDiag crap, thinking that they can just do it themselves cheap because they have been told that a PowerCommander and Autotune are crap according to the "experts" like Pete Roper, the "Guzzi Guru", and that they would just be ripped off for nothing.

When things go totally sideways, like it did for this guy, they are shocked at the $$$$ of damage they have caused. I cannot imagine how stupid one feels having just "bricked" their own ECU. Amazing.

I also find it remarkable, how for all of the people out there claiming the wonders of GuzziDiag, and Beetle Map BS, (like Roper) - that NONE of them EVER help fix the problems encountered like this guy has. They disappear like farts in the wind.

So...Out of pure desperation, these victims duped by the GuzziDiag fascination, come to Todd and GuzziTech with their tails between their legs, asking to be rescued from their own stupidity. It's very sad indeed.

For me, the $1,400, I spent for the full monty PCV/AT GuzziTech setup in January of 2017, has been the best money I've ever spent on any motorcycle. Runs perfect every time, all the time and the support I've received from Todd has been stellar.

There is no such thing as steak and lobster at cheeseburger prices. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me,.. You get what you pay for.
Thanks Scott, me too... me too.
What's more amazing is that I am constantly questioned and called names, all while openly showing all of my results, as well as have been professionally educated and creating class-leading products for almost 20 years. The others show nothing, and ride on the coattails of another guy who developed some easy/free software access... now everyone that can click some buttons are (ignorant) experts. What started as free, is now at a cost. I've seen most of the competitions "maps" and they are abysmal at best, and will do damage to someone's engine sooner than later. Caveat emptor I say.

To my mind, anyone who messes with ECU maps when they don't fully understand what they are doing, no matter what program they use, is just asking for problems. Not so much getting what you pay for, but getting what your stupidity brings.

To my mind, anyone who messes with ECU maps when they don't fully understand what they are doing, no matter what program they use, is just asking for problems. Not so much getting what you pay for, but getting what your stupidity brings.
Fair and true statement, however the data you push is most important, and people blindly trust random downloads to fuel their engine without knowing what is happening with *their* engine as to Air/Fuel. People do, as stated above, because it's cheaper and random people on the internet "say" it runs "better." I say show us how it runs better with scientific data as I have always done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back