Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Guzzis at Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'Racing' started by guzzigray, Oct 28, 2020.

1. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

What I want to know is if those bags were empty or full ;(
    Everyone was also wind screen less in an effort to get streamlined.

There was a lot of skill involved in keeping those Hogs ( and Indians ) on a line, more than once there was some gentle slides coming into a corner, and a few with a wobble here and there !

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

The front runners had carbon fiber reproductions of the screens and bags, with lightweight mounts, and nothing else. Clever and pricey to do of course.
    The slides "backing it in" is seen in every road race these days, including MotoGP. The wobbles... well, heh.

scottmastrocinque likes this.
  3. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Bike Development - I found it quite interesting and entertaining :)
    The Harley’s
    Ep 1

Ep2

EP3

Ep 4

Ep 5

4. buzglyd

buzglyd Cruisin' Guzzisti

It's like 24 hours of Lemons or Chump car. The cars may not look like race cars but there is a lot of skullduggery beneath the rust.

5. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Indian bike development
    Ep 1

Ep 2

Ep 3

6. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Don't get me wrong Bill because I thought it was a HOOT! I loved it.

I was just attempting to be silly.

I learned to love unusual class racing like this back during the BMW Boxer Cup racing. Everybody had basically the exact same motorcycle engine, transmission, and driveline and it was who was the best rider, not the best built machine.

Bill Hagan likes this.
  7. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

Really, on some bikes the only original piece was the frame and an *New* engine from the original manufacturer...

8. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler

In a car - you get a little slide going and not much happens unless you continue that Slide into a Ditch or RockCut !

On a Motorcycle you are *Right* There - you really have to develop a *feel* for that edge !
    I have a lot of respect for those Racers !
    I don't think I could learn where that Edge is in the rest of my lifetime !
    Better a live Chicken than a Dead Hero !

Would like to take the V7 to the local track to play and learn - but you need a full suit - not just Asphalt pants and a Jacket.
    I wear those pants, Proper Boots, gloves, a hard shell vest with the hard spine shell and the jacket with back arm / shoulder padding... but they aren't attached / one piece, I have a hard time justifying 1000$ for one piece leathers to go to the track once...