• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GUZZITECH 20-YEAR MILESTONE SEPT. 2021

I...

• Total voters

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
You've heard it many times, and maybe likely said it yourself... TIME FLIES. When you're younger, two decades seems like an eternity, and I remember working in and around businesses that proudly documented this timeline with signage, stickers and promotional items from pens to steinware/stemware and more. I marveled at the thought of that amount of time growing and surviving a business.
Outside of racing motorcycles then, a short handful of years later I started my own residential design/build business on the East Coast. Fast forward ten years, and moving to SoCal and having a thriving residential Architecture business in N. San Diego Co., I launched this site in early September of 2001, days before the 9/11 attacks. Little could I ever imagine where it would take me. It's pure purpose was to house Guzzi-owner submitted tips and tricks, as it was quite amazing of how resourceful most Guzzi owners were in the decades preceding the launch of this site, yet how little was documented. If you belong(ed) to the Moto Guzzi National Owner's Club, they used to include something similar as an insert of goodness once or so per year. It did not live online, so I found it a real shame not to be able to access it easily with the exposure of the world wide web. That and the lack of any type of Guzzi-focused product reviews or the like was frustrating. So launch we went, quietly and simply... post and let it grow organically. And it did. You can still see it in it's original format on the ARCHIVE tab above.
Early that same year (c2001), I was able to be part of a visit to Dynojet with Cycle World Magazine, and had an eye-opening to modern fuel injection technology. They told me I could bring my Guzzi and they'd build me a Power Commander for testing purposes and put me through the dyno tuning software course... along with tons of mods I had been doing to my Jackal at that time, and not being able to sort it properly until then... was done in a half day. And the rest is history on that front. From there, creating some crude online pages to sell some of other the (suspension and related) products that I helped R&D, all get documented here; The gateway to growing the site. I had a tiny detour from the site here in giving it full attention from 2004~2006, as I became the Series Manager of the AMA Pro Supermoto Series, but that frustratingly got the plugged pulled on it through the ignorance of the AMA. In 2005, I did launch the Forum here, as the ability to allow everyone to write and post things without my intervention seemed like a miraculous idea! Outside of a few complete loss crashes, we were on a new track. Shortly thereafter, a GuzziTech member randomly reached out and asked to meet me for lunch. I didn't know him hardly at all outside of some basic email swaps, but he had recently moved to SoCal from Seattle. At that very lunch meet, he (Robbie) asked me about my website casually enough, with the simple question of "are you aware of how much website traffic your site gets?" My answer was, "Nope, not at all." So he told me what he did for a living... headed one of Microsoft's top online gaming programs. Needless to say, he opened my eyes with some numbers that rivaled MotoGuzzi-us by around 10-fold. Attention made. From there he offered to give the site a facelift into a modern web structure, and host the site for me on his personal server. An offer that I couldn't refuse. From there, I then locked onto seeing how I could grow the site even more, formalized the business to a LLC and so on and onward from there. Through many twists and turns (the way I like it my roads), I am quite proud of the path it's taken. The $$$$ now required to keep up with global bandwidth support is staggering, and it's somehow parlayed into a serious and real business venture... along with an entire custom Guzzi build line.
And in the blink of an eye, we're at 20 years. Time does FLY!
Now 50 years seems possible... I guess we shall see as I have no takers lined up from when I'm longer on this earth. In my time with the brand, I've seen a lot come and go... yet we remain and strive. I'm proud of the community built here and the mostly wonderful comradery it has brought.

The September launch of this site was kismetic, in that it coincides with with the GMG celebration in Italy every year, with this one coming in September being quite special for Guzzi of course!
Thank you for 20 years... both in contributions with the Famiglia here, and to all those who enjoyed the products I've brought to life. Special thanks to Carlo Guzzi, Giovanni Ravelli and Giorgio Parodi and all the rest of those adventurous moto-heads that had some part in these passionate machines. I will enjoy raising a glass to you again in Mandello in September. Saluti.

No way ! I’m the first voter !

I appreciate having a independent site that supports the mark !
Great products !
And a bunch of regulars that support each other !
Been a Regular visitor since I found it...

Last edited:
Two big tipping points for buying my first Guzzi last year:
  1. local dealers with reputable service who are committed to the brand
  2. GuzziTech’s online presence, so I can educate myself and be part of a larger community
Without both, I don’t take the plunge and would miss all the awesomeness that this change has afforded me.

Congrats on your first 20 years! And a sincere thank you for all the voodoo that you do so well

Congratulations Todd. You are an irreplaceable asset to the Guzzi world. Thank you for all your hard work.
Thanks to all the others on this site also for their knowledge and stories. Every day I look forward to what has been posted, good and bad.:rolleyes:

La gente è come il vino. L'età semina il male e migliora il bene.

Congratulazioni per i primi 20 anni!

Grazie Todd per tutto quello che fai per noi.

I was on the fence about purchasing a 2020 Eldorado until I found this site.Info I had gained here made me comfortable in the purchase of that ride seven months ago.Since then I have had a lot of help from members here guiding me through the adventure of owning a Moto Guzzi.With Todd's help I have new rear shocks on my Eldo and what a improved ride.Look forward to getting a full exhaust and fueling package in the future.Congrates on 20 years and here's to a least twenty more.

My first modern G with F/I came into my life in '06. Somebody said "Check out Guzzi Tech". A big virtual hug to whoever that was!
There were problems. The dealers were no help. I found the answers here. One on one help with the basics from the Maestro himself.
Today I am self reliant as the dealers are falling by the wayside, thanks to this site and Todd's relentless energy.
I may never buy another Guzzi, but my two carcs are in the prime of their lives, both showing 100K km, and running like they were designed to run, not how they came off the assembly line.
Todd, here's to wishing you another 20 successful years, and that is a very selfish wish from someone who would not be here if it weren't for you.

I most likely didn't own a computer when you started. It wasn't far off that I got a free one that didn't last. I came to give back, help riders, and also learn more about PC's and fuel injection. At that time I was a non dot commy. Mostly doing carb Guzzi's even though I had been to Ducati school and learned about FI. There was no FI when I went to Guzzi class 1st time. 09 I went to learn all new stuff W/CARC and 5AM ecu at Guzzi school in Costa Mesa.
Seems like since the start Todds site here has had more info and sorted info for different models than any other forum type setting.
Congrat's for lasting the years of hacks to the board and redoing it all to get back on web, lot's of work to continue. Thanks

Congrats Todd on this amazing achievement and as I have said before if you want a break give me a call and come spend some time in the stunning southwest of Western Australia, the worlds premium wine region once the bug has run it's course.
Hey maybe when Guzzi goes ELECTRIC they might get the FUEL INJECTION RIGHT, not lol. Hoping the GUZZI grandfathers don't turn in their grave, Carlo, Giovanni and Giorgio, with that direction.

I purchased my first Moto Guzzi on May 18th. I stumbled upon this site and have learned a lot by reading here since then. Thank you for starting and supporting this site and congratulations on reaching the 20th anniversary milestone.

Todd - thanks for everything you do. We appreciate you! Thanks to this board I've learned a lot about my bike and feel a peace of mind knowing that there are knowledgeable, enthusiastic people that I can turn to when I have questions.

I have loved all of the GTM products that I've picked up so far, and I've got a bunch more items still on my wishlist. Keep up the good work!

Back