Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

GuzziTech Power Commander V Information

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 13, 2009.

1. guzziben47

guzziben47 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Re: Custom Power Commander V Limited Run

Ray, do you have any other mods to the bike (i.e. a slip on, high flow filter, etc.)?

2. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Ben, I put both my CNC air-box ring w/BMC filter and a GT-Sx stainless slip-on when we did the full kit above.

3. Ganders

Ganders Just got it firing!

Todd,

I did the full kit (ECU, CNC air box, PCV and AT). My bike is a 2008 1200 Sport with 6100 miles on her. I now have about 6600 miles with the mods. All I can say is, what a difference!!! I also have your Stepper Motor bypass. Now when I start the bike the stepper motor is only used for initial warm up. Once warm I switch it off and no more iratic idle.

I am also running a StainTune slip on muffler without the insert and the bike sounds great with the open air box. I removed all the emision hoses, evap canister and the fuel tank now vents to the atmosphere with a K&N breather to filter out any dust. The crankcase and transmission are also vented with K&N breathers.

My initial goals for all these mods was to eliminate the partial throttle surging, wandering idle, herky/jerky throttle response while riding in town. What I have achieved has far surpassed my expectations. The bike is super smooth, pulls all the way to 8K and sounds like it should. I have not measured the results on a dyno yet because I am still busy accepting the trim adjustments to further fine tune the map. I plan on taking the bike up to Boulder Motorsports to do the dyno run. I imagine the HP torque have improved but tyhe smoothness was what I was after. Once I get a dyno sheet I'll post the stock sheet and the one with the upgrades.

Thanks for the help.

4. GT-Rx®

5. Charlie J

Charlie J Cruisin' Guzzisti

It is now a week that I have had my reflashed ECU PCV A/T in my bike and what a marvellous thing! Easy installation , and finally the WOG BIKE is goin like I hoped he would. I AM IMPRESSED IN BIG FLASHING CAPITAL LETTERS!
    Now the fueling is sorted for now and into the future. Brilliant.

6. stmike

stmike Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

CalVin fueling

I just spent the day getting my CalVin fueling done with Todd, and I must say I'm very happy with the result. Prior to today the bike seemed really strangled; i.e coughing and burping on acceleration, taking lots of time to warm up, and sounding like a bowl of cereal going snap crackle and pop on decel. After flashing the ECU, installing a PC-V, and H-pipe and an auto tune module, and then mapping and setting it all up properly, it now runs like it's supposed to and it even sounds better. The icing on the cake was spending an enjoyable day with Todd sharing stories and experiences while I got to see him work on my bike. Highly recommended.

7. GT-Rx®

Re: CalVin fueling

Mike, my pleasure... I look forward to rounding out the package with you on the suspension and mufflers. Thanks for the post, and chat again soon.

8. easyeric601

easyeric601 Just got it firing!

Installed the pc-v/at with the gt-rx muffler. Even with my admittedly limited technical ability it took less than 2 hrs to get the pc-v/at installed. Actually I found the muffler harder. It's a better bike across the board and I'm glad I did it. Todd was great in dealing with my general incopetence and laziness.
    Now I have to work on a touring map....

9. Molto Picante

Molto Picante Just got it firing!

Hi,
    Recieved a re-flashed ECU on March 7th and had it installed on my bike the following day. The dealer fitted it, reset the TPS and I went for a ride, not too flash! We then re balanced the throttle bodies and reset the TPS. this totally transformed the bike and it became a thing of great joy riding through built up areas with 30mph speed limits. before it hunted and generally was not nice unless pulling a high gear and on the point of labouring.
    Thankyou Todd for your efforts it has made a very good bike much better and I cannot wait for the PC-V and Auto Tune to add the final touches.
    The ride home consisted of some tight twisty hill sections, open road cruising and negotiating small towns. The bike has been transformed into a sweet running machine.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

10. edwardtoscano

edwardtoscano Just got it firing!

Todd do you have the PC-V, Autotune & Optimizer in stock? I'm a new member here, bought a 2010 Griso 8V over the winter and getting it ready for spring. Picked up the Zard exaust but would like to get the PC-V. I'm still not clear on the re-flash of the ECU is that necessary if I was to use the PC-V, Autotune & Optimizer?

11. GT-Rx®

Congrats on the 8V! If you intend on using AutoTune, I highly recommend the ECU flash. If you don't, you would have to weld in an additional 02-sensor bung, and AutoTune would only correct above 40% throttle. Feel free to contact me direct e-mail.

12. argiwhomp

argiwhomp Just got it firing!

Hey Todd,

I picked up a low milage Norge 1200 2v (2007) and I want to do a slip-on pipe and a few other tweaks. I am not sure what I should get with what I am doing. I will be riding 2 up with gear, say 450 to 500 lbs. Either the Staintune or the "new reverse megaphone" slip on offered here. In either case, no baffle wanted. The only concern w/ the slip on offered here at Guzzi Tech is if the cases will get extra heat from the shorter slip on?

My EDIT; I read through many of the messages in this forum and now I really get it. I understand what I want, need, etc. I no longer need any info about what steps I need to take. I recommend reading this entire forum to anyone that is not clear on any aspect as it is covered somewhere in several ways. So, Todd... I do not think I will have time to do what I want, I probably have to wait until I get back from my trip. I will see what I can get then I guess....

Argiwhomp
    my email is the letter "s" at ai-portal dot net

13. argiwhomp

argiwhomp Just got it firing!

UPDATE:

It was worth every cent to get the whole package. My wife as a passenger even noticed the change in the bike... it is like having a new bike again! Thanks Todd! Bike runs better, cooler and the response is better also even without changing the slip-on yet... I will do the slip-on asap. Too much fun.

14. youcanrunnaked

youcanrunnaked Tuned and Synch'ed

Can someone school me on O2 Optimizers, Stepper Motors, PC-V's, Auto Tune, Reflashed ECU's, etc.? Is any of this stuff worthwhile on the A8 engine?

15. GT-Rx®

The first post of this thread covers most of your questions, and peruse the previous pages to see that it works beautifully on '06+ Guzzis. Feel free to ping me direct e-mail if you need more info.

16. zigzag

zigzag Tuned and Synch'ed

Todd installed the magic hardware on my bike. (ECU reflash, PC-5 & AutoTune) It’s probably the most fun he’s had in a long time as it took all day! (Oops, the bike factory alarm got in the way.)I rode the bike for 14,000 miles stock before making the jump. I read all the posts on this setup and I knew what to expect. Let’s just say, I was not disappointed. It’s one thing to know what you are getting and another to actually experience it.

The bike is now ready to ride within 30 seconds from the time I press the start button. That by itself is a major improvement. I’ve always had to wait forever it seems for the engine to warm up and function without hesitation or trying to stall. Idle speed is another improvement. It’s always perfect at any temperature and well balanced. Great idle sound these Guzzies.

Low speed riding is so much more enjoyable now. (It didn't bother much before, but the clutch was my friend.) Smooth is the word that comes to mind. Throttle response is quick and the engine revs faster. Low to mid power delivery is perfect and that darn flat spot is history. That engine really shines! Todd did not have an air box ring available when I was there, so I know I am still missing on high end raw power. Oh well, that gives me something to look forward to.

I cannot thank Todd enough for all the dyno hours and research work he's placed in this project. We are truly blessed to have him…Sometimes, I wonder what our Guzzi world would be like if he wasn’t around. :blink:

17. GT-Rx®

Thank you JP... yes, that alarm was a head-scratcher for sure.

What I do enjoy, is the smile that is on every Guzzista's face that spends the time and $ on this kit. It was a LONG and EXPENSIVE journey for me, but the end product speaks for itself.

Thanks again for the purchase and post here. You're first in line for the next batch of air box lids.

18. Mike Lin

Mike Lin Just got it firing!

Hi Todd,

A belated thank you. The H-pipe/ECU reflash/PCV/AT is like a fine bottle of red wine. It's just smooth, no twitches and hesitations, and takes someone who knows to appreciate it. Anyone picking up a Guzzi should just factor this into the purchase price. I can't fathom how it would ride w/out it.

Also thanks to you and Rich for the blue print and all the other mods. The rearset, handlebar, and fairing have made huge differences in comfort and wind protection. As I get better it'll become more stealthy given the suspension and brake upgrades ;)

Had a couple of hours yesterday so test rode the 1600 GTL and 1200RT just to see what they are about. I take nothing away from Bimmers and the 1600 is really nice. But this sorted Jackal is more comfortable and speaks to me that these others can't.

Best,

Mike

19. lynnfarmer

lynnfarmer Just got it firing!

Todd, I arrived back in the US on April 13th. Rode the Stelvio in the Smoky Moutains, and had the chance to truly test it! It's definitely another bike! It works like it should have come from factory, in other words, it works!!! Congratulations and thanks a million!

Thanks for posting my dyno runs in the Stelvio section.

All the best,
    Lynn

:D :D :D

20. hayadenny

hayadenny Tuned and Synch'ed

I just had the first service on my '12 Norge. I complained about the left cylinder plug cap apparent failure and poor low-speed running. After the good folks at Moto-International "fixed" the plug cap w/electrical tape and checked the fuel map, I went home. Next morning, 30 sec. after starting, clickity clack, clack, clack, plug cap failure. Poor running engine below 4k and low-load. Around town, I need a neck doctor after riding it. I get into 5th asap just to reduce the jerking. Runs fine on the highway. Doesn't pull as hard as it should.
    I called Moto-Int. again, the service mgr. told me to return and try another new plug cap. Did that, mentioned low-speed issues, told me he can't change from Guzzi specs on mapping. New cap....same result. He then suggested new NGK plug cap and iridium spark plug. I called Guzzi USA, the guy said "hmmm, We'll get back to you." NGK cap, plug, same thing.
    Gerry Shields, Honda service tech 40 years exp., listened to the motor at start-up, told me it's a super lean condition causing the thing to act and sound like the plug cap is grounding. This is my first Guzzi and I'm willing to live with a 150 mile trip to the dealer, but the really poor low-speed operation is worse than any bike I've owned since 1966.
    With the Guzzi people seemingly not able or willing to offer a reasonable fix, at their expense, what's a fella to do?