Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

GuzziTech Power Commander V Information

Discussion in 'GT-Rx® Fueling' started by GT-Rx®, Jul 13, 2009.

1. anothersteve

anothersteve Just got it firing!

Re:pC-V Pre-order *ONLY* - Limited Run NOW

I am in for the PC-V only. I will get the rest as funding allows.

Steve

2. Spaceclam

Spaceclam Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd,

we all owe you something big.

thank you

3. klaas123

klaas123 Cruisin' Guzzisti

I second that!

4. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

My pleasure guys... I'm still about 10 short, but I don't want to wait any longer either. I'm sure once those have ordered have them installed and see how well everything works, everyone will want one. It's happened before.

Order is now in.

5. swagzz

swagzz Cruisin' Guzzisti

when do you want the rest of the money
    where do I send my ecu
    oh yeah , put an auto tune on mine as well
    swagzz

6. GT-Rx®

swagzz wrote:
    I'll send direct e-mails to those who have paid deposits likely next week with all info... and I'll likely post here as well.
    I have you down for the AutoTune now as well.

7. double.d

double.d Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I have one more question, i hope :blush: .

It is my understanding that if i get the PCV and the new ECU, that the ECU will only come with 1 map set to whatever bike with mods that Todd can get his hands on.

If i want to set up the ECU for my Griso i will need the auto tune module so i can have a map done on a dyno.

8. Spaceclam

Spaceclam Cruisin' Guzzisti

no.

The ECU will not have a new fuel map loaded. Apparently it will have some timing changes as well as some altered warm up stuff.

the PCV over rides and controls the fuel map. So, you can load the PCV up with any map you want. Any PC supporting dyno will be able to make you a custom map for your bike.

The auto tune allows you to create your very own map, automatically, while you are driving. It reads the o2 level in the exhaust (using the bung for the now obsolete 02 sensor if you get the ecu) and reports back to the PCV and alters the fuel map. Apparently, the cost is in the same ballpark as the cost of a professional dyno pull, except that it will allow "free" adjustments for every mod you do.

9. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Hey Dave (Double D) - call me 0419 170 987

10. double.d

Thanks guy's, i just had a talk with Mike and he set me straight.

Todd, i'll need the PCV the ECU and the auto tune.

11. chefdave12118

chefdave12118 Just got it firing!

What do you figure the ETA is on the pcv-auto tune? I live in Upstate New York and my riding time is starting to run out. Don't mean to be a pain in the ass just wondering when I should start looking for a new exhaust and other toys for my breva 1100 :) Again... I really appreciate you pulling this together Todd and hope I don't sound like a pain in the ass. Guess I'm like a little kid waiting for his new toy :woohoo: I have about 2 more months of riding :unsure:

Chef Dave

P.S. Thanks again for pulling this together.... It was like pulling teeth from my wife to get this. $1000.00 is a lot of money for a small business owner in HER eyes. Not mine :laugh:

12. GT-Rx®

Hi Dave, I suspect they will be shipping to me early next week. I'll be sending out an e-mail to those who deposited later this week with balance details/options, and for those who want AutoTune, can add it then.

Happy to be of service... it's very frustrating that there are so few people interested. This is the *sole* reason that Dynojet isn't in a rush to do this on their own. That and those who bash the product elsewhere online are simply blissfully ignorant. The product works when mapped/installed properly... and it's also part of many who are winning National and World Championships, and it played a key component in helping a 600cc Honda go 205 mph at Bonneville last week (thread posted in the lounge.)

More soon.

13. motobob

motobob Cruisin' Guzzisti

Todd,
    I've been keeping abreast of what you are doing for eveyone here and I want to get in on this but I just can't drop another $1000+ on a motorcycle I just paid $16,000 ($18,000 with taxes) for in April.
    Bob

14. swagzz

swagzz Cruisin' Guzzisti

I figure having the remapped ECU , PCV & Auto tune should make my 06 Griso worth at least 5k more not that i'm going to part with it .:)

15. rturo

rturo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Just read a PCV / Autotune review with some good info in UK mag (Performance Bike).

Dynojet helped with the article and fitted a PCV to a standard KAWA 600.The KAWA power dips caused by emission requirements were removed (+13BHP at one point) and crisper/more lively power delivery was experienced.

What was very interesting is that when Dynojet produced an economy map for this KAWA it reduced fuel consumption by 22.5% at touring speeds over a tankful.

I reckon with a dual "touring" map and the Autotune we can expect to recoup the cost by just riding enough miles :silly:

One point that did get raised - even with Autotune fitted an initial trip to the Dyno room is worthwhile as the unit can't calibrate completely unless its been to 100% in every gear.

Gonna have to have the Autotune to go with the PCV straight off .......
    :woohoo:

16. double.d

swagzz wrote:
    I have been thinking along the same lines. You could truthfully advertise that you have one of a dozen or so best running Griso's in the world :woohoo:

17. GT-Rx®

rturo wrote:
    About in line with most personal experiences I've had in the last 8+ years regarding PC's. It's a simple science, and those that continue to laugh at it, or question it remain ignorant.
    AutoTune is the key component in happy fueling. Thanks for the post.

18. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

rturo wrote:
    Todd, are you in a position yet to comment on this?

19. GT-Rx®

rturo wrote:
    Mike.C wrote:
    I can... Japanese sport bikes change timing and fueling for each gear and throttle position... which isn't the case with our machines. It's ride and correct with the PC-V/AutoTune for the 5AM ECU. ;)

20. swagzz

swagzz Cruisin' Guzzisti

Twiddles his thumbs, :(
    Not reknowned for patience :(
    Ah well 4 day week end will just have to enjoy myself
    anyway and ride above 40% throttle for a 1000 klms :p