• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GuzziTech product accusations/response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxo

Cruisin' Guzzisti
(This topic was split from a post on the V7 Forum about a sensor-offset "fooler" to help with fueling corrections... Todd)

We do need to remember that this site is associated with a commercial enterprise and with the best will in the world it would be unreasonable to expect any response that praised a competitor's products over its own! Personally I appreciate the fact that it provides a genuinely informative and interesting environment for Moto Guzzi owners without being overly pushy sales wise.

Re: GuzziTech accusations/response

Paxo said:
We do need to remember that this site is associated with a commercial enterprise and with the best will in the world it would be unreasonable to expect any response that praised a competitor's products over its own!
Very untrue. Sorry you see it that way. I happily praise any product that works, even if it is something I'm not involved in/with. I (and many others) simply try to fill needs that arise, often spending much money and time so others don't have to.
Surely anyone who is in the motorcycle business knows that it must be something that is done for the love, not for the money, especially when it comes to Guzzi. My input is based on over 11+ years of fuel injection manipulation, 40+ years of riding and 16+ years of racing... 7 years Professionally, as well as journalist contributions for 14+ years with the largest mag in print globally.
I have either personally bought and tried products to see how they worked, or was shown (thankfully before I spent the money on) the products that didn't by true innovators in each field.

Personally I appreciate the fact that it provides a genuinely informative and interesting environment for Moto Guzzi owners without being overly pushy sales wise.
Very good, and it will continue to be until a day when it simply is not worth the immense amount of time and money that goes into this.
Thanks for those who continue to support us.

Paxo said:
We do need to remember that this site is associated with a commercial enterprise and with the best will in the world it would be unreasonable to expect any response that praised a competitor's products over its own! Personally I appreciate the fact that it provides a genuinely informative and interesting environment for Moto Guzzi owners without being overly pushy sales wise.

I think Todd does a great job on this website and maintaining it. Websites cost money ansd things in life aren't free so we could be bombarded with pop ups and other promotional ads. He probably spends more time testing then we can even imagine. Also if he was trying to make money off this site he could be trying to promote snake-oil products that don't work and keep selling you up. I am glad to have an excellent site like this for advice and help.

Totally agree, Todd provides a great service to MG owners. If I were to change one part of what I wrote it would be to "promote a competitor's products over it's own", which I think is fair and accurate, and no offence was intended.

zx800 said:
I think Todd does a great job on this website and maintaining it. Websites cost money ansd things in life aren't free so we could be bombarded with pop ups and other promotional ads. He probably spends more time testing then we can even imagine. Also if he was trying to make money off this site he could be trying to promote snake-oil products that don't work and keep selling you up. I am glad to have an excellent site like this for advice and help.
Paxo said:
Totally agree, Todd provides a great service to MG owners. If I were to change one part of what I wrote it would be to "promote a competitor's products over it's own", which I think is fair and accurate, and no offence was intended.
Thanks on the first parts of above, and all I can add is that I choose to share my knowledge in this format on real-world experience. If anything simple and/or cheap worked, I would be using it as opposed to spending often 10x the amount to create solutions so I can personally enjoy them on my bikes. I use what I recommend.
If others are happy with their results using other products, very good. If a product is posted about, one which I know doesn't work or offers a poor solution, I will continue to speak up and state the facts, in hopes that folks do not have to go through the same learning curve that I have. Most of the products offered here make the companies much more then I, and what little money I make goes to run this website.
I've stated numerous times, and I have to continue doing so... this is a hobby/passion of mine. I choose to share my experiences like others here. Take from it what you will, but I want to keep this Forum on topic for users of every level, without prejudice.

As a new member to both this site and the Moto Guzzi family can I just say I am absolutely stoked to find a site such as this. I was a little lost over an issue with my bike, that issue was ultimately solved due to a question I posed here.
Thanks to Todd and all you sagacious and experience Guzzistas! I have found no inkling that any person on this site has any agenda other than to assist the Guzzi family. Many thanks Todd.

I follow different MG forums in Europ. But this forum is far out the best I ever found to cover the complete MG bikes world. We share good and bad , frustrations and hapiness. And that's what makes live fun. Please keep on moving on and Todd a great thanks for keeping up with us.
Marc / Belgium
V11 Rosso Corsa , Norge and Stelvio.

I agree on this site being it... Again, thanks Todd.

I read everything I could about the Griso on this site before I purchased the bike.
No dealer had a 8V in FL when I purchased mine and I couldn't even test a G11 anywhere...
So I bought a motorcycle without ever been on it before and never been a Guzzi owner, it's a no-no in my book and if it wasn't for the web and this site, I would never have felt confident to pull that move.
The dealer in GA were a good help as well but it started here. ;)

This is my first MG and it was not bought out of fuzzy sentimentality.
There had just been all the Stelvio top end problems and I wanted to be very sure I wasn't buying into trouble.
Guzzitech was instrumental in my decision to buy and has been a very useful source of reference ever since.
Thanks for a great site.

All the good said about the site is true, so raise your glass, twist the throttle, and make a donation and back it up. You dont have to do it in that order, I'll donate then raise the glass then twist the throttle but that's just me. ~T~ :twisted: :p :p

Guzzitech has been my main source of online contact with the Guzzi community. I easily prefer this over another forum which wants you to pay for a year's club membership for the right to post technical questions. That feels like extortion. Even my local bike shop genius will encourage me to fix things myself rather than expecting me to pay for his services.

I am also more than happy with the Guzzitech parts I have purchased for my Griso (lambda bypass, stepper bypass, Y pipe).

Keep up the good work, Todd!

Thanks again for the endorsements... I just wanted to state again that there is no motive outside of providing factual data in things that appear here. Yes, I offer products, and the bulk of the profit from them goes to running this site. I get very few donations, so without banner ad support or monthly fee, purchases and donations to this site to keep it running are critical.

Hi Todd

I've only just noticed this thread and I'm sorry you felt it necessary to include it. I don't think that "accusations" is at all an accurate word to use. I wrote what was merely an observation with no malice or derogatory intent, and if you actually take my posts as a whole I think you'll find that I was very complimentary regarding the service and quality of information you and this site provide. I'm sorry I don't do the falling at the feet of the master thing if that's the problem, but I'm sure there is no shortage of sycophants out there willing to make up for that.

When it comes to technical advice I tend to go for the "pick and mix" approach which so far has worked very well for me. Experience has taught me to listen to all and then use my own judgement as to the best course of action. I don't do follow the messiah. The product I chose to use was recommended by several people who's opinions and experience time has lead me to respect and appears to have solved the problem I had. That's not to say yours wouldn't have too, but I only have the written opinions of people with whom I have no personal contact and no way to judge their knowledge levels or impartiality. As I said, I'm sorry you chose to take it in a way that was never intended, and I still maintain that if you find something that works for you then that is the right way to go.

Paxo said:
.........I'm sorry I don't do the falling at the feet of the master thing if that's the problem, but I'm sure there is no shortage of sycophants out there willing to make up for that......

See... That comment right there, is fucked up on so many levels and an insults to members at best... :roll: :roll:
So a bunch of us would be ass kissers??
Most of us don't know Todd and will never meet him and I personally don't have any of his products (yet) so what's your point?

And as far as the Messiah, that would be Obama don't you know? Which you people love more than we do. B) B)
So much for not falling at the feet of the Master eh?
Man, this is rich and I'm having fun here, lol.

But hey, "WE" the members, rather put up with Todd pushing his product on HIS own site, than having him kicking back and putting up advertisements to pay for it and allow trolls and spammers making their own threads so we can learn so much.
If it's called falling at the feet of the Master then so be it.

It is funny how someone can "apologize" using insulting words and phrases.
I assume he did not mean to come off that way, but it did.
I do not fall at the feet of any "masters" either. I listen to Pete and Todd and others, combine that with my own knowledge, and go from there.
But I do try to show respect to Todd in the process for all he does for the MG community. I may or may not agree with him but I certainly am not going to use his forum to insult or bash him or his products.

I just realize I posted "We rather put up with Todd pushing his product etc..." and that could be interpreted in a negative way so I should have used "have" instead of "put up with".
I apologize.

Paxo said:
Hi Todd. I've only just noticed this thread and I'm sorry you felt it necessary to include it. I don't think that "accusations" is at all an accurate word to use. I wrote what was merely an observation with no malice or derogatory intent, and if you actually take my posts as a whole I think you'll find that I was very complimentary regarding the service and quality of information you and this site provide. I'm sorry I don't do the falling at the feet of the master thing if that's the problem, but I'm sure there is no shortage of sycophants out there willing to make up for that.
It was necessary to split these words from the thread it lived under. It's not personal to you, but I did so to respond to your opinion, and my words are important for those to read; I remain fair and unbiased based on factual data, not opinions. Perhaps others here feel this way, but I feel obligated to respond when posted. I have invested countless hours and money to offer "fixes" for issues that arise. I stand behind what I offer here because I use them personally and can comfortably offer them to everyone here. If a product arrises that is as good as mine or better, I will be the first to say so. Most of the proceeds from these products and minimal site donations go to keeping this website running.

This thread is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back