Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

H&B center stand vs original for V7iii

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Sharon David, May 29, 2018.

1. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

Interesting is being offered for only these two models. I wonder why they wouldn't fit a V7-III Stone? Is there something different? But I'm glad I don't have to be the one to find out.

2. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

According to my dealer they are also compatible with the Anniversario and the Stone.

3. RedHawk47

RedHawk47 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

I use a scissor jack with some adjustable lift posts for my V7II, many available at a variety of prices. Here's one:
    https://www.discountramps.com/motorcycle-lift-jack/p/MC-JACK/
    I use it on the frame rails.

FWIW: HB centerstand on V7II: no interference with OEM US sidestand, up or down.

4. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

That's an interesting jack! Thanks for posting it.

G

5. dududuckling

dududuckling Cruisin' Guzzisti

And up in Canada, do you guys have the same side stand as we do in the US? Or is it the Euro style?

My thought about the center stand is you can be far away on a long ride and still be able to check your fluid level if need be vs a dedicated garage stand that pretty much stays in the garage.

6. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

What is the difference between the two?

7. dududuckling

This one.

8. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Yes. As I said, I found it is just as effective to ask some friendly passerby to sit on the bike and hold it up for a few minutes so one can check the oil level properly. I've never had any trouble finding another motorcyclist, or a friendly young man or woman, to do that. The latter two, if they're not motorcyclists, seem to get a kick out of it, which has spawned many an interesting conversation and lunch date.

:D

dududuckling likes this.
  9. Sharon David

Sharon David Tuned and Synch'ed

I have installed the original guzzi centef stand on my v7iii.
    It's very secure ans stable.
    The instructions were theral and clear.
    The parts and bits match the bike and there is no compromise in quality or looks.
    There is no interference withe the side stand in way.
    I recommend it to any one that want a stable convenient platform for the bike for maintenance and parking.
    Great product and value!!

10. TimmyTheHog

TimmyTheHog Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Both US & Canada uses the American Style stand...which is longer yet more forward

I switch over to Euro stand. It is more straight up...

https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/2013-v7-oem-center-stand.18498/#post-144953

Picture shown in here.

Stradagene likes this.
  11. dududuckling

I had the mechanic installed an original MG center stand on the 2017 V7III, equipped with the U.S. side stand and GP Megs mufflers. It fit with minor modification.

According to the mechanic, the left rear centerstand bracket, which drops down in parallel to the exhaust bracket), originally had a 90-degree bend with two screw holes to secure the centerstand bracket to bottom of the original muffler by running two screws from underneath.

Since I run the GP Megs and that seems to tuck in closer, he had to cut this overhang and bend the centerstand bracket slightly inward to clear the muffler, then drill another hole on both the centerstand and muffler brackets and run extra screws to make sure they stay in position. By the way, the GP Megs bracket is a thick metal and hard to drill.

Other than that, it clears the side stand and muffler no problem. When up, the side stand sits pretty close to the center stand and you have to watch where the heel of the boots go, otherwise I would be scratching the muffler. To be honest, this is such a minor issue but worth keeping in mind. Maybe HB is a better fit in this respect, especially if you run the Megs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    TimmyTheHog likes this.