• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Had lunch today with the Piaggio HQ staff

LaGrasta

Cruisin' Guzzisti
A good friend of mine shoots video for Piaggio (I've helped on a few shoots) and we went over to pick up a 2013 Griso he just shot.

http://keyonestudios.com

We all went to lunch together and I have to tell you, can't meet a better bunch of guys. They know their stuff, bleed bikes and are genuinely sharing of knowledge. I'm not sure if they are on this board or not. I was pleased to tell them how satisfied I am with my V7. I also complained of the dealer network, or lack there of. They are well aware and working on it. How's a guy supposed to get a sticker?

One piece of great news I picked up is Guzzi can't build the V7 fast enough. Keep 'em comin' boys!

Very nice, congrats. This Piaggio NY or the Tech Svcs guys in Costa Mesa?

It's unfortunate that they are not here in Long Beach with the entire rest of the SoCal Motorcycle Community at the IMS Show.

Look forward to this work.

We had the European launch of the 1400 last Saturday (1st). Sadly only 3 dealers in the UK actually had one to show off, and there was little or no publicity apart from a newsletter from the Moto Guzzi World Club, and on individual dealer websites, plus on our UK club website.
Come on Piaggio, think about it.

This was the Costa Mesa site (SoCal). I'd love to own a Guzzi dealership, how cool would that be? I need to mortgage my house…

You know how to make a million selling Guzzi? Start with two million.

The Progressive Motorcycle Show just rolled out of NYC. I knew Piaggio would not be there, still, seems like such a missed opportunity. I've been thinking how foolish it is not to showcase product to people hungry enough to pay admissions costs for attendance at these shows, the very people who are likely purchasers and enthusiasts. I've come to the conclusion Piaggio cannot satisfy demand without building a more dedicated dealer network. If there are few dealers knowledgeable in the brand it obviously becomes an impossible roadblock to selling and servicing their product. I think it's a smart move to not floor plan bikes only to have them sit until they have whiskers and a Guzzi enthusiast is likely to order a bike he wants regardless of the fact it is not yet in the country. I still wonder if they want or need to grow the brand?

Guzzi has something special to offer and currently some very good motorcycles. Without a broader network of dealers new potential buyers will continue to be weary of the brand. More dealers could be an answer but that makes problems as bad dealers give the marquee a black eye. Bad dealers are bad because they can't set the bikes up properly nor service them. Piaggio needs to deliver motorcycles that leave the factory needing no additional tweaking and until that can happen I can't see new dealers doing much good because set up is so important to owner satisfaction.

I think I read Guzzi sales are up 20%... European bike sales in general have increased and while I would love to have seen Aprilia and Moto Guzzi in New York City I can see why they might be absent?. Still, it would be nice to have people talking about Moto Guzzi and sitting on the bikes like at the Ducati fashon show where all the long legged girls wear red dresses... I'm wondering what the Guzzi girls would look like? Have thoughts of round Italian girls with big bowls of pasta telling you to "eat, eat" , much less a fashion show, more about something good for the soul.

Vivo

I, too, was at the NYC show, having also attended the DC show.

Man, was that a crowded Saturday event! So crowded they had to let folks in in groups. I'd never seen that.

I also knew Piaggio wouldn't be there, and I agree it's a damn shame. Friday night they had a hipster event at the Ace Hotel. Forbes magazine wrote about the exclusive event: http://www.forbes.com/sites/hannahellio ... age-racer/

A blogger has pictures:
http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.com/20 ... arty-pics/

Here's a blog post I read on Saturday evening: http://blogs.motorcyclistonline.com/mot ... z2IcgBinbu

From that post:

“Moto Guzzi isn’t about getting there the fastest,” explains Melissa MacCaull, Vice President of Piaggio Group Americas, the U.S. distributor of Moto Guzzi motorcycles. “It’s about enjoying the ride, and getting back to what true motorcycling is really about. Moto Guzzi is approachable, it’s stylish, and it’s accessible to anyone. That’s the reason we partnered with James for this collaboration. His custom bikes really capture the essence of that experience.”

Wow. They have a VP of the group. Also, apparently MG isn't approachable nor accessible to everyone, hence the absence from a show where tens of thousands could have approached and accessed Moto Guzzis. Sheesh--Indian Motorcycles (its latest incarnation) was there, for frack's sake.

So, in other words, Piaggio is happy with letting only a few, select, insider folks in to their PR "machine." Fack the rest of the public. God forbid they should actually sell enough to justify dealers' profit needs to stay in business; Thank god they can showcase them to their own NYC hipster bubble.

I take it, (I haven't bothered opening the link.) that this is a reference to the dreadful 'Hammerhead' thingies talked about elsewhere. Just looking at the website made me cringe. Anytime you open a link and are confronted by a picture of a fey and androgynous creature with bad hair wearing goggles and holding a gas-axe you know you're going to be disappointed and on a hiding to nothing. While I was reading the pretentious blurb and being mind-boggled by the absurd price of his ugly little toys Jude happened to wander past and glance at the screen. Her only comment was "Who's that shirt-lifter?" Which I think probably sums it up pretty well.........

Pete

vivo said:
I think I read Guzzi sales are up 20%...
Can't speak for where you are, but here in the UK my local dealer has had the best bike sales year ever. He only sells Guzzi. More than 50% were the V7 range. But he's sold 2 of the 1400 Calis so far too.

pete roper said:
I take it, (I haven't bothered opening the link.) that this is a reference to the dreadful 'Hammerhead' thingies talked about elsewhere. Just looking at the website made me cringe. Anytime you open a link and are confronted by a picture of a fey and androgynous creature with bad hair wearing goggles and holding a gas-axe you know you're going to be disappointed and on a hiding to nothing. While I was reading the pretentious blurb and being mind-boggled by the absurd price of his ugly little toys Jude happened to wander past and glance at the screen. Her only comment was "Who's that shirt-lifter?" Which I think probably sums it up pretty well.........

Pete
I'm afraid you're right Pete. As they say "you cant polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter" (and sell it by the truck load in the states by all accounts)
Ciao

:sick:
With so many people with enough money to buy in one single market, whatever low production niche someone comes up with there will always be someone to buy enough pieces to make profit...

Back